• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Are you looking forward to the Remaster?

• Yes

Votes: 1,402 39.7%
  • No

Votes: 258 7.3%
  • Depends on the quality of the Remaster

Votes: 1,772 50.2%
  • I don't like Mass Effect

Votes: 101 2.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Breqesk

Oct 28, 2017
I just want them to enable the "default" ME3 FemShep available in the first two games.

My biggest hope for the trilogy is a single unified character creator with a wider range of options than any of the three games had individually.

No more dodgy import process--your Shepard will look exactly the same through all three games, unless you choose to modify their look.

And if they put femshep on the box I'll buy a physical copy, assuming one's available for PC.

He said last he heard the game would get announced in October and released later in October as well. But now he doesnt seem as sure as he was and said the release date might slip.

Ugh, bummer. Did he say anything about what we might be able to expect from the remaster?

OP
OP
Hero_Select

Hero_Select

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ugh, bummer. Did he say anything about what we might be able to expect from the remaster?
That's all I want to know. I don't mind waiting for the release, but I just want to officially know what to expect. We know it won't be strong remater but there is a lot of things that can be improved.
He said he doesnt know but expects it to be more of an "Upgrade" from what he's heard.

www.youtube.com

GB Decides 161: Where Is The Mass Effect Trilogy Remaster?

On this week's episode of the GamesBeat Decides podcast, reviews editor Mike Minotti talks and his co-host Jeff Grubb talk a busy week in gaming. That includ...

skip to 1:04:08

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil
He said he doesnt know but expects it to be more of an "Upgrade" from what he's heard.

www.youtube.com

GB Decides 161: Where Is The Mass Effect Trilogy Remaster?

On this week's episode of the GamesBeat Decides podcast, reviews editor Mike Minotti talks and his co-host Jeff Grubb talk a busy week in gaming. That includ...

skip to 1:04:08

Gratitude.

A lot of maybes... but he says he might believe this will be close to a high-end remaster, which is good news. And that EA was thinking of the trilogy remaster been one of their major releases in the last months of the year, which surely would mean something interesting has been done with the games.

But announcing so close to the release date feels weird, less than a month between each one? I'd expect some 2-3 months minimum.

OP
OP
Hero_Select

Hero_Select

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Gratitude.

A lot of maybes... but he says he might believe this will be close to a high-end remaster, which is good news. And that EA was thinking of the trilogy remaster been one of their major releases in the last months of the year, which surely would mean something interesting has been done with the games.

But announcing so close to the release date feels weird, less than a month between each one? I'd expect some 2-3 months minimum.
I agree. He doesnt seem to know the quality of the remaster though but does speculate its on the level of the "Destroy all Humans" which is pretty solid.

He also seems to still be leaning more towards it still being an October release rather than not, but there's a possibility now that it might slip.

Announcement and a release in the same month is really weird :|

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Can't really get mad at a delay since it's not officially announced. If it needs more time, then that's fine with me.

Being released close to Cyberpunk could be an issue.

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
You all best be ready for when you see this logo pop up in the credits XD
AGNr1zZn_400x400.jpg

Kupo Kupopo

Jul 6, 2019
i love the name of this thread. it confirms the fact that, yes, we do live in a world just full of possibilities...

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
While y'all waiting for the announcement... y'all should be giving Andromeda a chance. The game is actually fun and got wayyy too much hate.
I'd imagine most of the people in this thread have tried it lol. I gave it a shot twice and I thought it was genuinely awful, and I say that as a massive fan of the original trilogy who still went into it with an open mind. Combat was great but that can only carry it so far when everything else is subpar.

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I did try it, and beat it even though it was a struggle at points. The game's main story and a lot of the side content is uninteresting, many of the characters don't stand out and aren't all that memorable, the combat got repetitive after a while, a lot of the worlds and places are uninteresting, and...yeah that's the word I would describe this game for me, uninteresting. I think the only thing I really liked was the jetpack.

I'm glad some were able to get some enjoyment out of this game because I know I barely did.

Mediking

Final Fantasy Best Boy (Grip)
There are zero mods that change the Archon appearance so i'm going with no.
I'd imagine most of the people in this thread have tried it lol. I gave it a shot twice and I thought it was genuinely awful, and I say that as a massive fan of the original trilogy who still went into it with an open mind. Combat was great but that can only carry it so far when everything else is subpar.
I did try it, and beat it even though it was a struggle at points. The game's main story and a lot of the side content is uninteresting, many of the characters don't stand out and aren't all that memorable, the combat got repetitive after a while, a lot of the worlds and places are uninteresting, and...yeah that's the word I would describe this game for me, uninteresting. I think the only thing I really liked was the jetpack.

I'm glad some were able to get some enjoyment out of this game because I know I barely did.
to be fair, the game has flaws but I love it...
specially the combat.
It's really fun!!

My biggest problem with Andromeda was the bugs and glitches. Everything else was pretty cool and fun to me. Was the supporting cast that good? No but comparing the supporting crew to Shepard's crew just isn't fair. I hate how we never got single player dlc. It deserved it.

mcruz79

Apr 28, 2020
My biggest problem with Andromeda was the bugs and glitches. Everything else was pretty cool and fun to me. Was the supporting cast that good? No but comparing the supporting crew to Shepard's crew just isn't fair. I hate how we never got single player dlc. It deserved it.

fortunately I didn't suffer to much with bugs...
land yes, Shepard's crew is unmatched!!
mass effect trilogy, specially the first one ( story wise ) are really special!!

Deleted member 24021

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Find it odd they'd give a remaster only 1-2 months of marketing for such a big IP.
But I guess they only gave Burnout Paradise a month so it would be their norm I guess.

Definitely adds to the collection likely not doing much besides having all titles with all DLC included (though I really would like ME1 to at least be on par with ME2-3 graphically/QoL wise)

Typographenia

Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles
While y'all waiting for the announcement... y'all should be giving Andromeda a chance. The game is actually fun and got wayyy too much hate.
As someone that just finished their first playthrough of Andromeda last week, I can't echo your sentiment.

Despite the surface level similarities to Mass Effect, it was an extremely hollow, forgettable game that consistently favored quantity over quality.
I believe it suffered unfortunately to development issues and being sent to market before it should have been, but it is not a game I could readily recommend to someone. Not even a Mass Effect fan.

If there really is to be an announcement of a Mass Effect trilogy remake, I would prefer them to do it right. No need to rush the announcements or the game(s) at the expense of harming any future potential with the property.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
I'll always back-up Andromeda as not being that bad. Its biggest crime was essentially being ME4 and not being able to live up to to that.
But if taken as a ME spin-off game, I really think it's a decent time. The combat especially is a lot of fun as a vanguard.

But yeah, its biggest issues these days really are just the uninteresting characters and villain. I played and beat the game, enjoying my time with it.
But sure didn't care what I was fighting for by the end. Though truth be told, i'd love see some nods to andromeda in other games/media if we get a ME4.
like PeeBee or Vetra showing up even as just quest givers would be cool.

Phellps

Oct 25, 2017
Find it odd they'd give a remaster only 1-2 months of marketing for such a big IP.
But I guess they only gave Burnout Paradise a month so it would be their norm I guess.

Definitely adds to the collection likely not doing much besides having all titles with all DLC included (though I really would like ME1 to at least be on par with ME2-3 graphically/QoL wise)
Do remasters get a lot of marketing time? I honestly can't quite recall. I was thinking it made sense that they wouldn't spend too much money on marketing; I get the impression most people who want this are people who have already played these games, they know what these games are, so EA doesn't need that big of a marketing campaign to convince people to buy it, like a brand new game.
That said, if this game is indeed getting a delay, I wouldn't be too surprised if they keep the announcement date and just delay the release, thus giving it more time for marketing.

It hurts, though, it physically hurts that this might get delayed lol

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Do remasters get a lot of marketing time? I honestly can't quite recall. I was thinking it made sense that they wouldn't spend too much money on marketing; I get the impression most people who want this are people who have already played these games, they know what these games are, so EA doesn't need that big of a marketing campaign to convince people to buy it, like a brand new game.
That said, if this game is indeed getting a delay, I wouldn't be too surprised if they keep the announcement date and just delay the release, thus giving it more time for marketing.

It hurts, though, it physically hurts that this might get delayed lol

Depends on the title. But I'd say the norm is typically 3 months even for just more port oriented stuff.

With the exceptions being shadow dropped PC ports & remasters releasing to prop up preorders for something else.

Guess there's a chance it could be weregetting ME remastered along with a ME4 tease or something.

Cranster

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I hope they keep the credits for each game, mostly because I want to keep hearing this at the end of the first game.

Ivory Samoan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
New Zealand
I'd be shocked if it even runs 60fps on PS4.

Most likely just solid 30/1080 with PC version textures. And no multiplayer on ME3.

(I'll still buy it day-1)
If they leave out ME3MP they are shooting themselves in the microtransaction foot...I doubt EA would do that.

I'd also expect mild rioting if that's the extent of the remaster, I'm expecting a bit of an effort to be made: it is MASS EFFECT after all.....

Ivory Samoan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
New Zealand
Can't really get mad at a delay since it's not officially announced. If it needs more time, then that's fine with me.

Being released close to Cyberpunk could be an issue.
THIS HERE is the real issue 100%.

Early November (like the week of Mon 2nd - Fri 6th) could still work: jam it out before CP2077 drops....but any later and it's a no from me dawg (well, until Jan/Feb when I'm finishing off Cyberpunk I envision).

The fact I'm saying it'll be a no from me in any form, sickens me, but Cyberpunk cannot be messed with in my gaming den.

Status
Not open for further replies.