• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Are you looking forward to the Remaster?

• Yes

Votes: 1,402 39.7%
  • No

Votes: 258 7.3%
  • Depends on the quality of the Remaster

Votes: 1,772 50.2%
  • I don't like Mass Effect

Votes: 101 2.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 18400

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
7oDDdog.gif

Don't you play with our emotions Shinobi!

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
I'm super feeling another full playthrough, so I'm excited, but lack of any footage is a worry, so will definitely wait and see (probably wait on a sale regardless though. ME1 being a full remake is probably the only way I don't).

Phellps

Oct 25, 2017
I think Multiplayer HAS to be included. They don't need to touch up anything with it other than a couple bug fixes. Honestly if MP is excluded I'm going to be extremely disappointed. It's a big reason why I want a remaster in the first place.
I can see them including the multiplayer. It made EA big bucks back then and would probably make even more now. I can see them doubling down on that.
I'm super feeling another full playthrough, so I'm excited, but lack of any footage is a worry, so will definitely wait and see (probably wait on a sale regardless though. ME1 being a full remake is probably the only way I don't).
I mean, the trilogy hasn't been announced yet, of course there is no footage.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
I can see them including the multiplayer. It made EA big bucks back then and would probably make even more now. I can see them doubling down on that.

I mean, the trilogy hasn't been announced yet, of course there is no footage.
It not even being announced yet despite releasing soon is a reason to wait and see in itself. Though was pleasantly surprised by Mafia, which is releasing soon too.

Resident4t.

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
They should add a fast forward button like all the Final Fantasy remasters.
For the first game at least.
Also do the consoles have enough ram now to let you holster your weapon.

Inugami

Oct 25, 2017
I know most people just hate on ME3's ending.... But I have far greater problems with the combat, level layout, dumbing down of secondary mechanics, etc that I have no faith that they'd ever fix in a remaster.

That coupled with the endings is enough for me to not bother.

Sotonian

Oct 25, 2017
a few people on the ME subreddit have said that their preorders have been updated to the 30th of October

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
They should add a fast forward button like all the Final Fantasy remasters.
For the first game at least.
Also do the consoles have enough ram now to let you holster your weapon.
Lol. While I expect the bare minimum, I went NUTS a few years ago here talking about all the tiny QoL things a loving remaster could do. It's such a simple thing, but holstering your weapon would be appreciated greatly.

Dog

Cat
Oct 25, 2017
If I can afford to do so I'll definitely cop it. Bloody love Mass Effect.

Phellps

Oct 25, 2017
It not even being announced yet despite releasing soon is a reason to wait and see in itself. Though was pleasantly surprised by Mafia, which is releasing soon too.
It makes sense, though. It's a remaster, they're not going to invest tons o money on marketing for it, so it's best to announce it closer to release.

Keith Stat

Oct 25, 2017
It certainly is a fascinating thing that people are apparently preordering a game that hasn't been announced and that apparently releases in roughly 2ish months from now. They've also certainly had all the opportunity in the world to reveal it with the slew of events this summer.

Whatever. I adore Mass Effect but totally expecting a half-assed remaster at this point.

Oct 27, 2017
1. Awesome.
2. I hope there is multiplayer.
3. If there is multiplayer I hope everything is unlocked because I can't imagine leveling everything up again and I'd want to get into platinum right away.
4. If everything isn't unlocked I hope previous inventories can transfer.
5. Cross-platform play would be great here.

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
I have the entire trilogy on the 360, PS3 and PC.

I will most likely quadruple-dip and buy on the PS4 (or if this comes out after PS5) as well, especially if they do meaningful remastering enhancements that aren't possible on PC via user modding.

Deleted member 2533

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If they bring back MP, they need dedicated servers. Too often I'd play and the host would dip after several rounds, costing me xp. I'd frequently sit for a two hour session, and come away with nothing because of constant host-quitting.

It was awesome for the first month or so, but later on the MP became completely unreliable.

It should have been a F2P standalone mode with cosmetics for ME3 owners.

SteveByDesign

Sep 11, 2019
I really don't like remasters being shadow dropped. It just makes me think that the game is a cash grab and not a good remaster.

I am hoping that is not the case here.

Barnak

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
If it really does come out this year, as shinobi seems to imply, I really expect the bare minimum for this remaster : resolution bump(but with the same blurry textures on everything but the faces), better framerates and an all-in-one package for DLC.

If they had put any sort of meaningful effort to improve the trilogy, they wouldn't just casually announce and release it within a month.

Might as well stick with the current games on my PC at this point since they already got all of that, and even better with the texture mods. I really hope I'm wrong though.

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
Here is hoping that once their confidence is bolstered by commercial success of the trilogy, the next mainline entry visually impresses and takes us one step closer to:

And because EA is not Ubisoft, perhaps they can lead with women/WoC for marketing and protagonist (even if the character is customizable).

RedSwirl

Oct 25, 2017
It's just gonna be a question of whether this'll be worth getting if you already have the PC versions.

EatChildren

Wonder from Down Under
Oct 27, 2017
It's just gonna be a question of whether this'll be worth getting if you already have the PC versions.

Bingo.

Best case scenario = BioWare or whatever is working on the port has combed over UE3, updated it to more modern builds, and spruced up as many assets as reasonable to result in a trilogy built on the original's foundations but does look inherently better (as a remaster, rather than a remake) beyond just framerate and resolution.
Worst case scenario = It's a more-or-less quick and dirty warts and all trilogy port marketed with high framerate and resolution on Xbox One / PlayStation 4 with little in the ways of enhancements or features that are of any significance to PC gamers.

"Supports 4K and locked 60fps" or whatever is literally meaningless for the PC crowd. I can already do that with the trilogy and force a bunch of features (like ambient occlusions, customer HD texture packs) that they don't have.

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil
Bingo.

Best case scenario = BioWare or whatever is working on the port has combed over UE3, updated it to more modern builds, and spruced up as many assets as reasonable to result in a trilogy built on the original's foundations but does look inherently better (as a remaster, rather than a remake) beyond just framerate and resolution.
Worst case scenario = It's a more-or-less quick and dirty warts and all trilogy port marketed with high framerate and resolution on Xbox One / PlayStation 4 with little in the ways of enhancements or features that are of any significance to PC gamers.

"Supports 4K and locked 60fps" or whatever is literally meaningless for the PC crowd. I can already do that with the trilogy and force a bunch of features (like ambient occlusions, customer HD texture packs) that they don't have.

That's not the worst case scenario at all I'd say! Worst case scenario is a remaster that looks worse than the original games and has more bugs. We've seen plenty of remasters like that.

I just want something beyond what you can get with mods. As awesome as the mods for PC are, they have their limitations, and that's where the remaster has to deliver. I wouldn't mind if someone made a 40gb texture pack that are more high res than the remaster, as long as it deliver in other areas.

Wrexis

Nov 4, 2017
Honestly just give me all DLC, controller support and Steam save backups and I'm happy.

RedSwirl

Oct 25, 2017
Bingo.

This is kinda what that outsource studio did with Burnout Paradise.

A more dramatic example would be Saints Row The Third which got new PBR lighting and everything.

EatChildren

Wonder from Down Under
Oct 27, 2017
That's not the worst case scenario at all I'd say! Worst case scenario is a remaster that looks worse than the original games and has more bugs. We've seen plenty of remasters like that.

I just want something beyond what you can get with mods. As awesome as the mods for PC are, they have their limitations, and that's where the remaster has to deliver. I wouldn't mind if someone made a 40gb texture pack that are more high res than the remaster, as long as it deliver in other areas.

I have a new worst case scenario now. Thanks for seeding that thought.

But yes, that's what I want too. It's not going to be a total remake. That's just silly and anybody expecting three AAA last gen games to be remade top to bottom is out of their fucking mind. What you're suggesting is what I meant; I want to see some of the improvements made to UE3 over the years transitioned across to the trilogy where possible. I want asset and rendering improvements, where reasonable, that haven't been accomplished via mods.

This is kinda what that outsource studio did with Burnout Paradise.

A more dramatic example would be Saints Row The Third which got new PBR lighting and everything.

Yep. Hopefully it leans more towards SR3 over Burnout.

Arebours

Oct 27, 2017
I hope they do it good. I was wondering the other day how come nothing like Mass Effect has been released since, and I felt like I wanted to play the series again.

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Based on Jeff Grubb's tweet to Shinobi, I think this will be called Mass Effect Legends.
Absolute worst case scenario: they decide porting ME1 isn't worth the effort and just include the Genesis comic thing.

Keith Stat

Oct 25, 2017
It's very telling that the Mass Effect Community (myself included) are all just brainstorming the ways that they can hurt us again after the way they've treated such a beloved franchise since Mass Effect 3.

I just want to feel good about Mass Effect again.

Mindfreak191

Dec 2, 2017
The possible announcement of this is the only thing holding me back from replaying it, I wanna see a trailer for the remaster, if it's just a slight upgrade I'll most likely just stick with my PC versions, I'm at that sweet spot where enough time has passed that I can comfortably replay the whole trilogy.

Status
Not open for further replies.