• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Are you looking forward to the Remaster?

• Yes

Votes: 1,402 39.7%
  • No

Votes: 258 7.3%
  • Depends on the quality of the Remaster

Votes: 1,772 50.2%
  • I don't like Mass Effect

Votes: 101 2.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Also if the skip dialog button is still the same as the choose dialog button I'm gonna blow a gasket

Jul 1, 2020
I can already play the entire series start to finish on Xbox One/Series X. They would have to do one hell of a job to convince me to rebuy what I already own.

OP
OP
Hero_Select

Hero_Select

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hope it includes the ME3 multiplayer with all characters/weapons unlocked
Hmmm I'm not so sure about that. I definitely want the multiplayer but I also like unlocking all the weapons and characters. Maybe touch up the % and make everything unlock faster is the better option to still keep some longevity to the game?

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
Who are we expecting to get this from? Blind Squirrel? Virtuous?

I am already whincing in anticipation

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Hmmm I'm not so sure about that. I definitely want the multiplayer but I also like unlocking all the weapons and characters. Maybe touch up the % and make everything unlock faster is the better option to still keep some longevity to the game?
I just hated how you had to unlock all 10 tiers of a weapon and how it was completely random. 100+ hours in that MP and I was still missing a lot of the weapons entirely, let alone their upgraded variants.

PinkCrayon

Oct 25, 2017
There's no way this isn't releasing on November 7th at this point. Maybe the 6th since it's a Friday. But also it'll just be a shoddy port with more bugs than the originals so whatever.

Dany

Oct 29, 2017
seattle
they have to fix those fucking elevators in the first game...and at least the UI for the inventory menu

Sparks

Senior Games Artist
Verified
Dec 10, 2018
Los Angeles
Yes pleaseee. And I hope instead of making ME1 more like ME2/ME3, they do the reverse and make ME2/ME3 more like ME1.

Kasai

Jan 24, 2018
It doesnt matter how shit it is or how bad they ported Mass Effect 1, it's still a day one purchase for me.

OP
OP
Hero_Select

Hero_Select

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
they have to fix those fucking elevators in the first game...and at least the UI for the inventory menu
vyIq6L9.gif

Nikus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Not fake. Just not the release date.

Or what it's called.
Someone asked you if you thought people would be happy with that remaster or not, and I think you know like me that people will never be completely happy with what BioWare releases, sadly...
So, what I'm more interested to know is if you like what you've heard about it :)
(personally I think a pretty basic remaster but with every DLC thrown in is good enough)

PS: I miss the good days of the Mass Effect OT on the old site, when BioWare folks felt safe enough to come by :(

canderous

Prophet of Truth
Jun 12, 2020
There are PC mods that speed them up significantly since the load time is not needed anymore (they're basically just long enough for you to hear the squad banter), hopefully they do the same.

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil
The fear I have of EA screwing this up might as well be infinite, just like the universe. I'm already extremely disappointed with things that won't be done: improving ME1 gameplay or Reworking Priority: Earth, but they must deliver a quality remaster.

The Gold Hawk

Jan 30, 2019
Yorkshire
I hope it comes with some of the features that a lot of remasters have now, with the features that let you fast forward or tweak some things.

Like a "no reload" option for ME3. Or a "auto scan planet" option for ME2 Or a "Skip all fucking combat" button for ME1

Adryuu

Master of the Wind
Oct 27, 2017
I just feel that, if it's releasing this soon and hasn't been announced yet, it should be announced at Gamescom at the latest unless it is a crappy effort of up res and little more. I want this to be so good that whatever budget it has it will be too little. Whatever it ends up being like will probably be disappointing in one way or another... Or it would have been announced already probably. Gamescom is its last chance of hope I think. Unless it's on vga and doesn't release this year in the end.

John Harker

Knows things...
Oct 27, 2017
Santa Destroy
one thing I'll miss, surprisingly, is kinect functionality for 3.

I may be the only one, but I loved - and played the full game - barking audio commands to my AI squad, like a real squad leader.

ordering attacks and focusing on certain enemies by saying "Kaiden, overcharge!" and various other verbal cues felt really immersive to me.

Deleted member 11626

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm there on day one. I've played the trilogy countless times, and I've finished Mass Effect 2 more than I have any other game. Considering how close these are to the new consoles, I would have preferred a next-gen exclusive remaster...but I'm sure these will look fantastic regardless.

Yes pleaseee. And I hope instead of making ME1 more like ME2/ME3, they do the reverse and make ME2/ME3 more like ME1.

That's gonna be a no from me dawg

RowdyReverb

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
I'm guessing they are working on another Mass Effect sequel and want to remove the bad taste of Andromeda with the ME Trilogy, so they are going to release it strategically to restore hype in the franchise beforehand. That is the only reason they would hold off for so long on such a clearly desired remaster.

OP
OP
Hero_Select

Hero_Select

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
one thing I'll miss, surprisingly, is kinect functionality for 3.

I may be the only one, but I loved - and played the full game - barking audio commands to my AI squad, like a real squad leader.

ordering attacks and focusing on certain enemies by saying "Kaiden, overcharge!" and various other verbal cues felt really immersive to me.
I completely forgot that was a thing!

thepenguin55

Oct 28, 2017
Anyways! I hope people are looking forward to playing (or replaying) through the games as much as I am, I love the trilogy and I can't wait dump hundreds of hours into the story AND multiplayer.

I just hope it has the multiplayer. Many remasters of single player focused games drop the multiplayer.
Not fake. Just not the release date.

Or what it's called.

Is it coming before or after that date?
It's going to be 30 fps on console isn't it?

I would be surprised. We know most of the animations aren't tied to the frame rate thanks to the PC version and I could run the PC versions of ME 1&2 at 1080p 60fps on a PC from a decade ago so I would be very surprised if they were locked at 30fps.
The first Mass Effect deserves a top-to-bottom remake in the style of Mafia Definitive Edition.

We all have dreams.
I hope they actually put effort into this remaster, especially of ME1... but I have a feeling it's going to be a fairly low effort "remaster" with just some texture upgrades, loading updates (to reduce pop in) and such but hoping to be proven wrong when we finally see this.

Could we get the ME Trilogy Remaster and Metroid Trilogy on Switch in the same year?

I just hope the games don't launch with more bugs than they originally had as I don't trust EA to fix them all.
It would be a tragedy if the fan work done on the PC mod side looks better than whatever they put out.

I hope it's popular enough for the modding community to take to it.

Siggy-P

Avenger
Mar 18, 2018
Out of curiosity has there ever been a remaster and/or remake that didn't include all the DLC in the base package? That just seems kind of standard

Not really a remake but the last "Mass Effect Trilogy", that came out in 2012 didnt have all the DLC.

The fear I have of EA screwing this up might as well be infinite, just like the universe. I'm already extremely disappointed with things that won't be done: improving ME1 gameplay or Reworking Priority: Earth, but they must deliver a quality remaster.

I'm genuinely half expecting to turn the game on and be given a prompt for the Bioware Social Network.

Eamon

Prophet of Truth
Apr 22, 2020
I hope that this is more than just a straight port to current gen consoles - we already have the game available via BC, so I'd expect to see texture enhancements and more.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
ME1 needs

- Graphic Bump (Moreso the models)
- Fix elevators
- QoL on a lot of things (Mostly the stiffness)

Like ME1-3 are all stiff to a point, but ME1 compared to the others is something else (Which makes sense considering it was the first).

Cornbread78

Oct 25, 2017
Northeast USA
I reallty want to play it, but if they didn;t remaster all three into 1 cohesive experience with the same graphics/physics engine then it's a big shame. They should update all three story and games to feel like Andromeda did for gameplay.

Anything less is a wasterd effort IMO.

OP
OP
Hero_Select

Hero_Select

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm there on day one. I've played the trilogy countless times, and I've finished Mass Effect 2 more than I have any other game. Considering how close these are to the new consoles, I would have preferred a next-gen exclusive remaster...but I'm sure these will look fantastic regardless.

That's gonna be a no from me dawg
I would have preferred these to be on next-gen as well for the fidelity but I'm sure they'll be BC anyway. Mass Effect 2 is the one I have replayed the most as well, I go through one or two of them every few years and they dont have to do much to get me to jump in again. The universe it creates is - in my opinion, unmatched.

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
It'd have to be better than the modded PC versions. I was quite surprised when I saw how look ME1 looks with mods

Status
Not open for further replies.