• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Are you looking forward to the Remaster?

• Yes

Votes: 1,402 39.7%
  • No

Votes: 258 7.3%
  • Depends on the quality of the Remaster

Votes: 1,772 50.2%
  • I don't like Mass Effect

Votes: 101 2.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Phellps

Oct 25, 2017
I think the chances of this launching on Game Pass are slim. EA never puts their new releases on EA Play, and for Microsoft to score this deal, they would have to spend a lot more money than it would be worth for them just to have the trilogy on Game Pass. They're probably already paying tons to include EA Play.

Adrifi

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jan 5, 2019
the Spanish Basque Country
I think the chances of this launching on Game Pass are slim. EA never puts their new releases on EA Play, and for Microsoft to score this deal, they would have to spend a lot more money than it would be worth for them just to have the trilogy on Game Pass. They're probably already paying tons to include EA Play.
I doubt Microsoft is paying a lot of money, Game Pass absolutely killed EA Play on Xbox. All my friends who had EA Play dropped it when Game Pass launched, so I think that EA was in a weak position to negotiate with Microsoft.

Schlorgan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Salt Lake City, Utah
I've played so many times going into it thinking I should do a renegade playthrough, only to abandon it early on.
I just can't do it

The last time I tried to play ME3 full Renegade, I got to this part and just couldn't pull the trigger.

giphy.gif

Landy828

Oct 26, 2017
Clemson, SC
I'm annoyed that this would be a current-gen remaster at this point.

So dumb. I've been able to play this on my One X for forever..I'd much prefer a Series X level remaster.

Asbsand

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Denmark
No-show at the PS5 event even after that EA wink.

If it shows up at the Nintendo Direct tomorrow I'll be extremely baffled.

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Not sure why anyone was expecting this to be announced today.

We've heard from reliable sources the internal plan at EA is announce and release in October, with the potential of a delay.

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil
It was never going to be at the PS5 event. They were focusing on new PS5 games, not collections of older ones.

*shrug* We'll see tomorrow.

I thought it could have been in the Xbox one, but I never suspect it would be announced today. Although I must say that technically a moment of this presentation was literally a collection of older games. Including a remaster from the PS3!

Slighly joke aside, I feel the odds of it being announced in a Nintendo direct to be... inexistent.

Obsonet

Nov 26, 2019
I thought it could have been in the Xbox one, but I never suspect it would be announced today. Although I must say that technically a moment of this presentation was literally a collection of older games. Including a remaster from the PS3!

Slighly joke aside, I feel the odds of it being announced in a Nintendo direct to be... inexistent.

Yeah I really doubt it's gonna be there.
Would be cool if it was but I really wouldn't expect it

Tunesmith

Fraud & Player Security
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Got it. Still, even grabbing that from the PC trilogy box art (and masking out the background of that box) is more work than your inventory database drone would put into it if they were just inputting placeholders.
It's no work at all when the logo has been available without a background for years a google search away. (on Origin.com) :)

mass-effect-trilogy_gdp-logo.png

OP
OP
Hero_Select

Hero_Select

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

I cant see it being announced in the direct at all.

EA isn't buddy buddy with Nintendo. Would be super weird.

RedSwirl

Oct 25, 2017
If these end up having no improvements over the PC version then I'll consider getting the collection on Switch.

If these get enhanced for next-gen, you think they could ray trace this shit? Last-gen remasters would theoretically leave a lot more elbow room for more extensive ray tracing you'd think.

CarthOhNoes

Someone is plagiarizing this post
Oct 25, 2017
I just really hope they do a proper remaster. The Kingdoms of Amalur one was so disappointing to me as someone who already owns it on PC.
I already have all 3 + DLC on PC, I'd be very unlikely to buy it again if it is just adding support for higher resolutions.

IF they drop a full blown, clearly high-effort remaster on us, with raytracing, high resolution textures etc, then I MIGHT be willing to part with cash for it, as they are my favourite games ever.

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
Yeah there were certain times where Renegade overstepped the boundary from a cold and calculated Shepard to Shepard just being a jerk for very little reason. They're still funny/interesting to watch, and god I appreciate that Bioware gave us the choice (*stares at Bethesda for the sarcastic trash "choices" in Fallout 4*), but I think reasonably very few players pick that route.

Because why, on earth, would you slaughter pure baby Mordin after this?

Schlorgan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Salt Lake City, Utah
If these end up having no improvements over the PC version then I'll consider getting the collection on Switch.

If these get enhanced for next-gen, you think they could ray trace this shit? Last-gen remasters would theoretically leave a lot more elbow room for more extensive ray tracing you'd think.
Ray tracing in 2 and 3 would look amazing.

Especially on the Normandy with all of the shiny surfaces.

Phellps

Oct 25, 2017
too good of a chance to miss. only weird thing is that is a saturday.

also, i'm fully expecting to see this on the Nintendo Partner Direct today.
That would be great. Rumors said the announcement and launch were in October, but I also could see the announcement getting moved forward to be in a presentation that would get much more exposure than a random video drop. However, this being EA and Nintendo, I'm not too confident.

Rover_

Jun 2, 2020
That would be great. Rumors said the announcement and launch were in October, but I also could see the announcement getting moved forward to be in a presentation that would get much more exposure than a random video drop. However, this being EA and Nintendo, I'm not too confident.

we are destined to suffer.

Status
Not open for further replies.