• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dennie Dee

Oct 26, 2017
Bruges, Belgium
Yes. All mainline and promo DLC is included.
Thanks!

I'd say the odds are very big that yes. If I'm not mistaken that's what they did with the Wii U version of ME3.

I still hope they might rework the endings beyond that though.
I don't expect they will.

I preferred the extended cut ending above the ending it launched with, but it did screw with the pacing and tension in one of the last playable scenes in ME3's OG finale IMO.

shodgson8

Aug 22, 2018
ME1 remains my favourite, I think I have gone though it on 6 different occasions & I rarely replay games. I am kind of worried what they might do with it though.

While it could definitely do with QOL improvements I am worried they will strip out some of the parts that made me like it so much. The 2nd and 3rd game improved a lot in terms of combat and visuals but it would be a shame if some of the RPG mechanics were watered down in the first with this remaster.

Deleted member 21431

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
As someone who spent Christmas completing and thoroughly enjoying Andromeda and is now currently half way through Dragon Age : Inquisition (having failed to finish the game 6 years ago on PC), it's great news they are showing us how this trilogy is shaping up.

logash

Oct 27, 2017
I am pretty excited about this. I am curious what kinds of changes they made to the first game since I hear that one hasn't aged well. I only played 2 on my PS3 long ago and I'm really excited to jump into the series from the first one.

EatChildren

Wonder from Down Under
Oct 27, 2017
That wording would also imply they are not changing ME1's gameplay...

I mean, maybe. But polishing up facets of gameplay that is still largely retained in its core essence but just so happens to play better is a lot easier to assess and implement than rewriting entirely new content that requires extensive production scope. One is making a game more playable, but not fundamentally redesigning it, the other is creating entirely new content.

This is why I was hoping Bioware would have taken the Kiwami approach to Mass Effect. Remaking each game from the ground up would give the series a true new gen presentation, and give them a chance to fully retcon the third installment with their own new creative direction.

While nice, remaking three enormous, content rich and high production AAA games from only a smidge over a generation ago would be an enormous undertaking and extremely expensive project that'd require a budget and team on a scale of an original AAA property. Not saying I wouldn't love it, but that's dream scenario and very unlikely.

Maybe in another couple of decades.

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
SĂŁo Paulo - Brazil
I mean, maybe. But polishing up facets of gameplay that is still largely retained in its core essence but just so happens to play better is a lot easier to assess and implement than rewriting entirely new content that requires extensive production scope. One is making a game more playable, but not fundamentally redesigning it, the other is creating entirely new content.

That depends how much they will change ME1... if it's just a superficial change, then yes, it's easier than reworking the ending. Yet that's not going to fix ME1. You do need a fundamental redesigning of its gameplay. And if they are doing that, I'd say it's possibly even more work than simply changing a few cutscenes here and there.

EatChildren

Wonder from Down Under
Oct 27, 2017
That depends how much they will change ME1... if it's just a superficial change, then yes, it's easier than reworking the ending. Yet that's not going to fix ME1. You do need a fundamental redesigning of its gameplay. And if they are doing that, I'd say it's possibly even more work than simply changing a few cutscenes here and there.

Then perhaps they are not fundamentally redesigning ME1's gameplay.

Astrates

Sep 13, 2020
Can't wait to learn more to see the actual changes.

I'm just hoping it looks a bit nicer, we get less texture pop-in and that'll pretty much do me just fine.

I adore ME1 so open for improvements but I wouldn't be disappointed if its systems hadn't changed.

Rangerx

Oct 25, 2017
Dangleberry
Can't wait for this. I'll be happy if the game looks prettier and there is a few QoL improvements. The games are great otherwise.

Mindwipe

Oct 25, 2017
London
I'm not holding out any hope, but I'd love it if at least they bring parity and give you the ME3 character creation options all the way to ME1. On the third game you could create better stuff to the point that I changed my face that I had been carrying through the first two.

I feel like if nothing else the graphics update might mean that characters designed in ME2 are portable to ME3 without looking completely wrong, as the original game totally ballsed that up. In a way how many bugs they fix might be one of the more interesting things. Will they make Conrad's quest actually work for example?

Lucreto

Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully they reworked ME1 at the gameplay is horrible. I wish it was a remake like Mafia 1 and remaster the other 2.

I played ME1 twice doing a perfect good and evil playthough so I would not have to play that game again and just start with ME2.

Lego

Nov 14, 2017
I love the first Mass Effect exactly as it is, but this remaster doesn't mean the first one ceases to exist, so they can go wild.

nitewulf

Nov 29, 2017
Might be good as I never finished the original game. To what extent will this be a remaster, do we know?

FisherTea

May 24, 2020
Honestly I hope it's simple and streamlined, I like these games but I don't want to have to mess around with NG+/Insanity again, once back in the day was enough

Same here, I'd just be happy with a trophy list like with a lot of recent Sony first party games that aren't tied to the highest difficulty.

Ascenion

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Mecklenburg-Strelitz
Honestly I hope it's simple and streamlined, I like these games but I don't want to have to mess around with NG+/Insanity again, once back in the day was enough
Insanity is honestly fine. There's only like few trouble spots and the worse offender is ME1. ME2 with a soldier, adrenaline rush and the Mattock is 100% a joke on insanity.

Makoto Yuki

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
I can't wait to play ME1 and ME3 again. I never beat 1. Or played ME3 after all the DLC, I hear it's much improved.

LOVED LOVED LOVED ME3 multiplayer.

A shame I can't use those classes and abilities again, at least I can use the weapons in the main game.

N7 Slayer Shep would be a dream to play.

blacklotus

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
What if they announce today that Mass Effect 3's ending has been revamped and now feature a huge final battle that makes sense story-wise and makes use of all the decisions and allies you gathered from the 3 games up until that moment?

My head would release such an amount of force that would probably cure Covid in the world.

RR30

Oct 22, 2018
This is why I was hoping Bioware would have taken the Kiwami approach to Mass Effect. Remaking each game from the ground up would give the series a true new gen presentation, and give them a chance to fully retcon the third installment with their own new creative direction.

Wouldn't get those games for a decade if they had to remake the entire trilogy from the ground up.

Personally I'll be happy just to play again with updated graphics/better loading times. There are a lot of things that could be improved (some vastly) but it won't be the same Mass Effect. Going through the trilogy again, warts and all, will be awesome.

jimbosimbo

Nov 9, 2020
Are they doing a "Mafia 1" style remake for ME1 + a re-master for 2 and 3? (or do we not know this yet)

EatChildren

Wonder from Down Under
Oct 27, 2017
1.5 hours

EtOm8mHWYAAAAjc

Oct 27, 2017
Bare minimum I expect from this remaster:

- 4k 60fps
- Reworked UI
- Better AI (less "I will destroy you", "I will destroy you", "I will destroy you", "I will destroy you", "I will destroy you")
- More detailed environments
- Some planets are obnoxiously mountainous. I hope they rework that.

FisherTea

May 24, 2020

yumms

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hopefully they reworked ME1 at the gameplay is horrible. I wish it was a remake like Mafia 1 and remaster the other 2.

I played ME1 twice doing a perfect good and evil playthough so I would not have to play that game again and just start with ME2.
Horrible gameplay in ME1?

I loved the gameplay in ME1, solving conflicts with dialog options, exploring large environments, hunting for artifacts...unless you are saying that gameplay = shooting things.

TheHunter

Bold Bur3n Wrangler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nothing like ME1 Insanity runs being room after room of immunity + barrier + self heal.

Every fight as a soldier was just seeing who could out heal the other.

RocknRola

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
Horrible gameplay in ME1?

I loved the gameplay in ME1, solving conflicts with dialog options, exploring large environments, hunting for artifacts...unless you are saying that gameplay = shooting things.
The combat was beyond awful. Shame that in order for that to improve in ME2 and ME3, we lost the more "exploration" side of things which was quite fun (and honestly one fo the few things Andromeda got somewhat right IMO).

Status
Not open for further replies.