• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Raigor

May 14, 2020
www.ea.com

Mass Effect™ Legendary Edition Performance Details

Get the full breakdown on the output resolution and expected framerate targets for the game, which vary between platforms.

Mass Effect Legendary Edition offers a number of options to prioritize visual fidelity and/or framerate, depending on platform.

Players on PC can play up to 240 fps and supporting refresh rates up to 240 Hz. Additionally, players can tweak several graphics options at any time to finetune the preferred balance of graphics and performance.

Console players can toggle between two gameplay modes at any time on all platforms:

• Favor Quality prioritizes achieving the highest visual fidelity possible in exchange for a lower target framerate.
  • Favor Framerate prioritizes the highest framerate possible by scaling native resolution and reducing some graphical features.
The target resolution and framerate, as well as the consistency with which those targets are achieved, are highly dependent on the console. Please refer to the table below for more details.

rtNloQk.png

Eamon

Prophet of Truth
Apr 22, 2020
Holy shit lets fucking go. Can't wait to play this on Series X.

thepenguin55

Oct 28, 2017
Wait, was this game optimized for Xbox Series consoles and not PS5? 120hz on Series X would require some amount of optimization work. Could they not get 120hz running well on PS5? Even as someone who doesn't own a Series S it's good to see they've optimized the game so well for that weird little console.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
I getting more mad i didnt went with a 120hz tv last year. I wasnt expecting so many games getting 120hz support..

Nov 2, 2019
Hmm 4k Mass Effect or 60 fps Mass Effect on my Series S. Even though I now have a 4k TV, I think I gotta experience a smooth 60 fps experience.

Fuck I can't wait for this. Please please please don't be completely fucked up with bugs!

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
If I remember right my aging gtx 1070 is listed in the "recommended" PC specs for the game, so hopefully I can run this game at a smooth 60 at 1080p.

RedHeat

Oct 25, 2017
It is? But that makes no sense. They could totally make a separate SKU for the PS5 since so much work went into the Legendary Edition anyway. I guess that was a bridge too far for them?
There's no current-gen version, at all. Probably not enough time, but I wouldn't be surprised if it came late though

Tribal24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
It is? But that makes no sense. They could totally make a separate SKU for the PS5 since so much work went into the Legendary Edition anyway. I guess that was a bridge too far for them?

Yeah may not be worth it for them in the long-run to make a native version. Or they would try to resell it i would bet.

Nov 24, 2020
Tampa, Fl
I'm good with 4k@60, i'll double dip if it actually holds 120 on xbox tho. I've been burned by the "hey it runs at 120!" spiel before so i'll wait for some testing videos. Looking at you DMC5 Special Edition.

tabris

Oct 27, 2017
I think this just answered my question of whether I buy it on PS5 or XSX. Since I can't play it right on May 14th, I'll probably still wait for a digital foundry comparison to confirm though.

Lkr

Oct 28, 2017
more importantly IMO is "up to" on all of the fps and PS5 lacking VRR at the moment. seems kinda no brainer for me to pick up on xbox

FantaSoda

Oct 28, 2017
Oh shit, the first thing I've seen that makes me think about getting this on Xbox Series X rather than PS5

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Do our eyes honestly get any tangible benefit out of 240fps? That just seems insane.

Gero

Oct 28, 2017
What? quality mode 4k 60 and framerate is 1440p 60 on PS5? I dont understand.

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Great stuff.

120 FPS support at 1440p on Series X is awesome.

As I said in the other thread, ME1's performance has come a long way since it's original release in 2007.