• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

texhnolyze

Shinra Employee
Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
With absolutely tragical regional pricings.

unknown.png

But at least there's some good news too, there's a bundle/discount for ME3 owners:

header_586x192.jpg

store.steampowered.com

Steam Store

Steam is the ultimate destination for playing, discussing, and creating games.

Please lock if unnecessary. Thought it may be useful since the main thread is moving so fast and this might be missed.

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
No discount on Origin, I own all three games there and all of the DLC. No surprise with EA.

Deleted member 2317

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
TIL my version of Mass Effect on Steam isn't sold on Steam anymore 🤣 I guess that happened a long time ago huh.

Miker

Oct 25, 2017
A 1070 recommended? It's still running on UE3, unless the new visuals are that much more taxing, a 960 could probably do 4K/120 for the original games.

membran

Oct 27, 2017
So the store page states "full controller support", does this mean full controller support on all games? I remember that the PC versions of part 1 and 2 couldn't be played with an controller unless you used community-made mods.

Cross-Section

Oct 27, 2017
So the store page states "full controller support", does this mean full controller support on all games? I remember that the PC versions of part 1 and 2 couldn't be played with an controller unless you used community-made mods.

This was also the case with 3. Yes, none of these game had controller support on PC.

HarryDemeanor

Oct 25, 2017
They added controller support for the remaster. Don't know quite the extent of it though in regards to actual specific button prompts if you're using a Xbox or PlayStation controller.

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
Holy shit that's an awful regional pricing. Kinda makes me want to just replay the old games lol

ConfusedOwl

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Not giving a discount on your own platform? I already triple dipped on the PC versions on origin not too long ago so I'll wait for a steep sale. Not paying $80 CAD.

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
No discount on Origin, I own all three games there and all of the DLC. No surprise with EA.

Yeah, same here. I didn't expect a discount at all, but the fact Steam gets one and not Origin is honestly funny - such a cheapskate move.

Not something I was planning on buying anywhere near full price either way, though.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, same here. I didn't expect a discount at all, but the fact Steam gets one and not Origin is honestly funny - such a cheapskate move.

It's likely because ME3 only came out on Steam last year and they don't want people mad they just bought it there and now have a remaster to buy

Madjoki

Oct 25, 2017
That's a decent chunk off. It went from €59.99 to €49.79 for me.

About extra 5€ off if you sub to EA Play

unknown.png

Not something I was planning on buying anywhere near full price either way, though.

Origin probably doesn't support such discounts. It's same for The Sims 4, which has DLCs bundles on Steam that end up costing less than on Origin.

Ra

Rap Genius
Oct 27, 2017
Dark Space
Have to own ME3 on Steam and no discount on Origin.

EA stays on that bullshit. I bought the Digital Deluxe Edition at launch, have never had a reason to re-buy on Steam.

Deleted member 79058

Account closed at user request
Banned
Aug 25, 2020
R$299 hahahahaha
I'll just wait for it to drop on EA Play or play the originals through the same service.

Enduin

You look 40
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Should get a double discount on Origin for owning deluxe editions of ME3 and Andromeda on there.

secretanchitman

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Chicago, IL
I wonder if buying it on Steam will require the actual Origin client? Apex and C&C Remastered don't require it (though Jedi Fallen Order does).

Cloud-Strife

Alt-Account
Banned
Sep 27, 2019
A Remake like RE2 would have been better.. some animations will look really dated even at 4k. Also the regional price is a big no for me.

Samiya

Alt Account
Banned
Nov 30, 2019
Do thirdparty key sellers like GMG and so on ever sell Steam keys for the new EA games?

scitek

Oct 27, 2017
Do these have full controller support?

EDIT: I see it says it does. I hope they left both interfaces in.