• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Wulfram

Mar 3, 2018
No, you didn't. Because I got the game at launch, and I got the best ending.

Synthesis (perhaps intended as the best ending but hated by many) was available without MP. But the bonus scene to the Destroy ending that many people considered the best ending wasn't.

This was eventually fixed by patch or the extended cut or something.

GattsuSama

Mar 12, 2020
I wish this would've been something Like Halo Anniversary and at least one of the game, the first one, would get a remake treatment. Improve item management for sure but everything else leave as it is.

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
Synthesis (perhaps intended as the best ending but hated by many) was available without MP. But the bonus scene to the Destroy ending that many people considered the best ending wasn't.

This was eventually fixed by patch or the extended cut or something.

Right. I know they added additional ending after so many people complained about the default ones, but I got what was considered the best at launch, and the ending that people were stressing out over needing to do MP for at launch.

Blagtier

Jul 7, 2020
Right. I know they added additional ending after so many people complained about the default ones, but I got what was considered the best at launch, and the ending that people were stressing out over needing to do MP for at launch.

You needed 4000 EMS to get the "best ending" at launch(destroy with bonus scene) which at 50% readiness meant you had to get 8000 war assets. There were 8370 war assets in the game at launch but there was a hell of a lot of mutually exclusive war assets which meant there was less than 8000 war assets in a playthough. People datamined, they made spreadsheets, they run every possible combination. The "destroy with bonus scene" at launch without multiplayer/app was impossible. Synthesis as an ending unlocks at 2800 EMS/ 5600 Total war assets, is that the ending you meant?

Potterson

Oct 28, 2017
I wonder if EA will remove ME trilogy from PC stores before releasing this at higher price like they did with Hot Pursuit :P

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil
I have no doubt this will not be announced N7 day... there has never been anything meaningful in those days, it's just the same empty videos and a couple of artworks. I doubt anyone at EA even think it as an option.

Mr X

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Virginia / US
This might be a hot take, but multiplayer was far and away the best thing about ME3. In fact, I put more hours into the MP than I did into all trilogy replays combined. I am truly gutted that it is not being included.
Don't think it's a hot take at all. It was definitely the best part for me, I begrudgingly did it for the story progression at first, but ended up investing many more hours into the MP than SP. And I enjoyed the single player for the most part.

The loot boxes were some bullshit though. Constantly unlocking class/races over and over and over again (that you've already unlocked) with no tangible benefit was infuriating.

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I'm ridiculously excited about this.

I told EA years ago I had money reserved just for this trilogy remaster and I'll make good on that promise.
GenuineBackIlsamochadegu-size_restricted.gif

wollywinka

Feb 15, 2018
Don't think it's a hot take at all. It was definitely the best part for me, I begrudgingly did it for the story progression at first, but ended up investing many more hours into the MP than SP. And I enjoyed the single player for the most part.

The loot boxes were some bullshit though. Constantly unlocking class/races over and over and over again (that you've already unlocked) with no tangible benefit was infuriating.
Yes, the lootboxes were rather dubious. I thought giving you character cards when you had maxed everything was especially slimy.

shodgson8

Aug 22, 2018
Expecting (hoping for) a full on remaster of ME1 (please don't mess with it too much & leave in the RPG elements but tidy the visuals and menus/inventory). Not going to lie...they will have to tread a bit of a fine line for me to be happy with it, if they just make it ME3 gameplay in ME1 locations I feel like I would be a bit disappointed.

I would imagine 2 & 3 would get more of a visual overhaul leaving a lot of the systems the same.

Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
It's funny. The next generation of consoles is coming next month, I think it's gonna be amazing, but feel pretty peaceful about it. At the same time, this particular remaster gets me very fucking excited. Maybe it's because I replay the trilogy at least once a year, but the idea of playing these games with a range of improvements makes my mind go places.

Phellps

Oct 25, 2017
I have no doubt this will not be announced N7 day... there has never been anything meaningful in those days, it's just the same empty videos and a couple of artworks. I doubt anyone at EA even think it as an option.
I mean, not every N7 Day can be packed, but the last one we had before a big release was this:

So I don't think it's too unlikely.

nath999

May 7, 2018
Not very Legendary without ME3 Multiplayer.

I'll still buy it cause damn them ME Trilogy is so good.

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil
I mean, not every N7 Day can be packed, but the last one we had before a big release was this:

So I don't think it's too unlikely.

That supports my argument I think. This was for a game that would release in the next 5 months of which we knew basically nothing. I even believe I remember people saying this trailer was so lackluster because they were keeping the real deal for the Game Awards.

If the game was already announced, then I would expect to see something. But it's clear EA is handling this announcement with care, so I don't think they would choose a date that has value only to hardcore fans.

braisbr1

Oct 4, 2019
If I recall, you had to basically 100% the game if you wanted the best version of the destruction ending, including prior game carry overs, prior to the DLC if you didn't want to engage in multiplayer.
That's still a long shot away from having to play multiplayer to 100% the game. I think it's fair to ask for a perfect completion rate if you want the best ending, especially when doing so makes sense from the plot's point of view.