• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Phellps

Oct 25, 2017
It's a huge package, so the size doesn't surprise me at all. Specially given the system requirements on PC say you need 120GB of storage space.

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
84 GB for 3 games and the DLCs is not that big.
Surprised it isn't bigger tbh

For reference the entire original trilogy fit on 5 xbox 360 dvds, roughly 6~8 GB per DVD, and a few more for the DLCs.

It's still 2x the size of the original lol. Guessing its a lot of new 4K video files replacing the old files taking up a bulk of the space.

That's huge. Does anyone know if it comes on two discs?

Good question, I'd imagine it does. ME 1 and 2 on disc 1, ME3 and all its DLC on disc 2.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
For reference the entire original trilogy fit on 5 xbox 360 dvds, roughly 6~8 GB per DVD, and a few more for the DLCs.

It's still 2x the size of the original lol. Guessing its a lot of new 4K video files replacing the old files taking up a bulk of the space.

Good question, I'd imagine it does. ME 1 and 2 on disc 1, ME3 and all its DLC on disc 2.
I thought 4k textures and videos would've made it post 100gb tbh with the 3 games and DLCs

Eamon

Prophet of Truth
Apr 22, 2020
So can I install this now? When I went to manage the game installation, I selected Internal Storage - but it still looks like it's just the 100 MB placeholder right now.

When do these pre-installs go into effect?

Montresor

Oct 27, 2017
Reminder for all Xbox fans buying this game, as not all people may be aware of this incredible feature: You can pre-load the game even if you haven't pre-ordered the game digitally. You can pre-load it right now, even if you plan to buy the game digitally later, or even if you plan to buy the disc. Use these steps:

1. Open Xbox mobile app on your phone.
  2. Go to the Search tab
  3. Search for Mass Effect Legendary Edition
  4. Click Download to Console
  5. Choose your console
  6. And voila. Your game will be pre-loaded, even if you don't own it yet.

OP
OP
Theorry

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
So can I install this now? When I went to manage the game installation, I selected Internal Storage - but it still looks like it's just the 100 MB placeholder right now.

When do these pre-installs go into effect?
Should be now on xbox. It works most of the time to delete game 100mb first and then install it again,

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Would be nice if you could install and uninstall different parts of it as you finish them (like Halo MCC, COD Cold War, Gears 5 etc support)

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Halo MCC allows that now? The last time I checked it was asking me to download ~100GB patch for physical.

Supported it for ages. You have to install an initial 17GB (I think?) and then you can boot the game and select which game you want to install and if you want the campaign or the multiplater (or both or neither) of any of them. It's amazing.

I've got campaigns for Halo 1, 2 and ODST installed and multiplayer for Halo 2 and Reach installed.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
Hopefully you can download individual games at a time to not have that much hard drive taken up by one collection.

Equanimity

Oct 27, 2017
London
Yeah you can choose what to install. Each campaign and I think even the MP.
Supported it for ages. You have to install an initial 17GB (I think?) and then you can boot the game and select which game you want to install and if you want the campaign or the multiplater (or both or neither) of any of them. It's amazing.

I've got campaigns for Halo 1, 2 and ODST installed and multiplayer for Halo 2 and Reach installed.

That's exactly what I wanted from this collection, I need to keep myself up to date.
I'm assuming modular downloads are not compatible for physical owners? Regardless, I'm also subbed to game pass so I'll most likely download MCC later tonight.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
That's exactly what I wanted from this collection, I need to keep myself up to date.
I'm assuming modular downloads are not compatible for physical owners? Regardless, I'm also subbed to game pass so I'll most likely download MCC later tonight.

Pretty sure either. It'll still need to download tons (because the disc has basically nothing on it that is any use now - they've updated and altered the package so much) but, yeah, should be able to open it up as soon as it says 'Ready to Play' or whatever and go to the settings and start ticking/unticking those assets.

I'd just download the Game Pass version. Even with a disc you'll be downloading the same stuff. Just cut out needing to stick the disc in.

Remeran

Nov 27, 2018
I'm 100% digital so I can't be sure, but I can't imagine why they wouldn't let you. At this point the disc is just for DRM the game is completely different from it's launch state.

OP
OP
Theorry

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
They confirmed a trial for this game? They sometimes dont do one for SP games

Akai

Oct 25, 2017
Every game out there needs modular installs to some degree. It starts with things like splitting off languages.

I really don't understand why games are not splitting those off, especially when you support like 7 localizations.

BreakAtmo

Nov 12, 2017
Australia
That's not bad for 3 games, but it's also another reason why I wish they'd made legit next-gen versions, since they could be made considerably smaller. A shame.

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
I just tried the app download thing, and it only downloaded a 100MB file, not the full game.

Wonder if its not live everywhere on Xbox yet.