• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which class will you choose?

• Soldier

Votes: 380 22.2%
  • Adept

Votes: 296 17.3%
  • Engineer

Votes: 126 7.4%
  • Vanguard

Votes: 724 42.2%
  • Sentinel

Votes: 172 10.0%
  • Infiltrator

Votes: 274 16.0%

• Total voters

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Reaper IFF installed. What an odd mission. Such a great setpiece ruined by dogshit combat.

But hey, Legion. ❤️

In a way this is where the trilogy truly starts for me. Where the standard organic vs synthetic debate takes a drastic turn and the gap starts to get bridged... depanding on your actions, of course.

I don't know if it was done on purpose outside of the awkward handshake, but it looked like Legion mimicked some of Shepard's minor body language during the conversation. Hand movements and the like. A nice touch.

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil
So, just a small comment. I decided to start a ME1 playthrough just because I wanted to see a few things. I'm playing as an Infiltrator but I got the Assault Rifle bonus power because I wanted to see how good that gun feels now.

And I'm just... mowing through everyone? I got one rifle that fire three rounds burst and basically I'm killing the enemies with a single one! I'm still at the Citadel so maybe future enemies will be at least slight tougher?

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Huh, I was able to complete Legion's loyalty mission before the Collector attack. I figured the attack would immediately trigger when accessing the galaxy map with everyone recruited being the 'flag' that triggers it. Especially since EDI notified me of using the shuttle even before initiating Legion's loyalty mission.

I assume the real flag is simply leaving the ship once, whether on a mission or visiting a hub.

Not that I am complaining. Now I can immediately initiate the Suicide Mission without having to worry whether Legion's mission counts against saving the crew or not. (I know it shouldn't, but you can never be too sure.)

So, just a small comment. I decided to start a ME1 playthrough just because I wanted to see a few things. I'm playing as an Infiltrator but I got the Assault Rifle bonus power because I wanted to see how good that gun feels now.

And I'm just... mowing through everyone? I got one rifle that fire three rounds burst and basically I'm killing the enemies with a single one! I'm still at the Citadel so maybe future enemies will be at least slight tougher?
What difficulty are you playing on? I played on Normal and it was a lot easier than I expected. I only used sniper rifles, but everything from start to finish was a OHK with the exception of krogan (but only in the beginning) and (mini-)bosses like crime lords, primes and colossi.

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil
What difficulty are you playing on? I played on Normal and it was a lot easier than I expected. I only used sniper rifles, but everything from start to finish was a OHK with the exception of krogan (but only in the beginning) and (mini-)bosses like crime lords, primes and colossi.

Insanity. I already finished it once with a Vanguard using shotgun and it was certainly way easier than the original ME1, which was a very good thing in context, but now it feels even easier. Maybe a little bit too much.

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
When the credits roll and the Suicide Mission theme kicks in.

giphy.gif

Still one of the best finales ever. It didn't have the impact it had the first time... but a decade of nostalgia is hard to top anyway.

I always feel so bad for the Collector General. Impressive how much humanity (for lack of a better word) they managed to give him the last few seconds of his existence. At least he died as himself... so far as that was still possible.

Now only LotSB and Arrival left. Gonna do the first one now and hopefully I will have enough time left to complete Arrival afterwards so I can start ME3 tomorrow and completely fresh.

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil
When the credits roll and the Suicide Mission theme kicks in.

giphy.gif

Still one of the best finales ever. It didn't have the impact it had the first time... but a decade of nostalgia is hard to top anyway.

I always feel so bad for the Collector General. Impressive how much humanity (for lack of a better word) they managed to give him the last few seconds of his existence. At least he died as himself... so far as that was still possible.

Now only LotSB and Arrival left. Gonna do the first one now and hopefully I will have enough time left to complete Arrival afterwards so I can start ME3 tomorrow and completely fresh.

YES! That slow turn of the head to look at the upcoming explosion...

And also YES to everything else. The Suicide Mission is just... absolutely incredible.

Mr X

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Virginia / US
Finished up ME 3, was struggling toward the end due to the will to push forward, but managed to finish up. I had forgotten but it was quite humorous on the last run up to the reaper transport beam and my renegade "defeat the reapers at all costs" Shepard decided to take a break from the suicide run to help…EDIs mobile platform who was also being assisted by the "I hate all AIs" Javik. Oof.

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Jack was banned from an online poker room 15 minutes after signing up.

She's so great when the game stops treating her like an all out psychopath. Still wish she was romanceable regardless of gender. Not sure how I feel about the whole "fix her" angle ME2 takes, but I would put up with it just for ME3 where the power balance between them is a lot healthier.

Speaking of romance, I completed LotSB and deliberately didn't choose to hug Liara despite our previous romance. I think I'm gonna break up in ME3. To be honest, I regretted romancing her even in ME1 after I remembered Traynor exists in ME3. Really wish I had access to that save file editor now so I could just remove the flag and be done with it, haha.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Jack was banned from an online poker room 15 minutes after signing up.

She's so great when the game stops treating her like an all out psychopath. Still wish she was romanceable regardless of gender. Not sure how I feel about the whole "fix her" angle ME2 takes, but I would put up with it just for ME3 where the power balance between them is a lot healthier.

Speaking of romance, I completed LotSB and deliberately didn't choose to hug Liara despite our previous romance. I think I'm gonna break up in ME3. To be honest, I regretted romancing her even in ME1 after I remembered Traynor exists in ME3. Really wish I had access to that save file editor now so I could just remove the flag and be done with it, haha.
The "fix her" angle is why I passed pretty hard on the romance. Don't think that's a healthy angle.

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil
I just finished the Shadow Broker DLC and Jesus Christ, it's even better than I remember. It's outstanding how every single aspect of it is great. This is probably the pinnacle of Bioware in terms of narrative. Dialogue in this DLC is smooth as silk, and the opportunities to roleplay are fantastic. And I would also add the superb cinematic quality of the cutscenes, which feels like a natural next step when compared to ME2. Then you have the firefights, which are some of the most intense in the trilogy, the best two boss fights, possibly the best scenery with the Shadow Broker ship - it's certainly among the highest tier of Sci-Fi places -, the set piece moments like the flying car chase (which I think was tweaked in this DLC? Just like the Shadow Broker fight itself, if only slighly). It's all perfect. I've mentioned a few times how I dislike how they rewritten Liara for ME2/ME3, but if you ignore that rupture, her character is superb in this chapter of ME's story.

My only but in the last scene with Liara aboard the Normandy, which might be the only piece of content I always ignore in my playthroughs. There are this moments where Liara becomes too much a... mouthpiece? for the writers, and that have a negative effect on my experience, in ME2 that's the only one, but there are quite of few of those in ME3. I don't know quite know how to put it. But it is as if she "concentrated" a lot of different roles on account of she being the only LI from ME1 that couldn't die, and so there are a lot of times that her relationship with Shepard is overplayed.

Anyway: Shadow Broker, Suicide Mission, Tuchanka. This is the trifecta of Mass Effect for me. Citadel coming in a very close 4th.

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
And that's the end of Arrival and by extension ME2 with exactly 40 hours on the clock.

The Normandy was conveniently located in the Sol system so I said goodbye to the game by probing Uranus.

Now ME3. But will I go Vanguard or swap to Engineer? Hmm...

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Combat rolls, instant and smooth vaulting, low power cooldowns, fast reloading, Shepard's back is no longer obscured by heavy weapons I never use...

giphy.gif

God, ME3 feels so good to play. This is what I have been looking forward to all this time.

And this is even before getting full access to all weapons, mods and armor.

Everything looks better, too. Outfits, armor, weapons, powers. Look at my precious drone. It's beautiful:

ASokb6m.jpg

Compared to this the drones in ME2 looked like balls of harsh static.

Gonna do the Mars mission on hardcore difficulty. Depending on how well it goes, I will restart this playthrough and play on Insanity from the start.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Combat rolls, instant and smooth vaulting, low power cooldowns, fast reloading, Shepard's back is no longer obscured by heavy weapons I never use...

giphy.gif

God, ME3 feels so good to play. This is what I have been looking forward to all this time.

And this is even before getting full access to all weapons, mods and armor.

Everything looks better, too. Outfits, armor, weapons, powers. Look at my precious drone. It's beautiful:

ASokb6m.jpg

Compared to this the drones in ME2 looked like balls of harsh static.

Gonna do the Mars mission on hardcore difficulty. Depending on how well it goes, I will restart this playthrough and play on Insanity from the start.
Insanity is reasonable imo (as long you keep up with your weapons and skills obv) except for certain levels where it becomes hair pulling

Oct 25, 2017
replayed like the first 4 hrs of andromeda... and man while i think the game looks gorgeous and gameplay feels great... but man once i landed on the first planet... the structure ive instantly lost interest. Mass Effect 4/5 really should not be ubisofty...Just be some 10-20min crafted maps.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
replayed like the first 4 hrs of andromeda... and man while i think the game looks gorgeous and gameplay feels great... but man once i landed on the first planet... the structure ive instantly lost interest. Mass Effect 4/5 really should not be ubisofty...Just be some 10-20min crafted maps.
it suffered from the same problem as DA Inquisition

i will i actually really likeinquisition and definitely, way more than andromeda which definitely suffered because of Anthem but Inquisition was good game diluted by the open world bullshit that didn't need to be in and you ended u with maps that are too big and tons of mmo style sidequests (which the game kinda forces you to do at times) and such, it just really bloats the game

Andromeda for example didn't need you to do fetch quests to raise viability (even though it sometimes completely iirelevant to how viable a planet would be and a lot of them are dull)

but hey open worlds were big

Oct 25, 2017
it suffered from the same problem as DA Inquisition

i will i actually really likeinquisition and definitely, way more than andromeda which definitely suffered because of Anthem but Inquisition was good game diluted by the open world bullshit that didn't need to be in and you ended u with maps that are too big and tons of mmo style sidequests (which the game kinda forces you to do at times) and such, it just really bloats the game

Andromeda for example didn't need you to do fetch quests to raise viability (even though it sometimes completely iirelevant to how viable a planet would be and a lot of them are dull)

but hey open worlds were big

Yeah tbf playing the me legendary trilogy you can easily tell what era each game came from. These games really weren't shy about borrowing what was successful of the era to various degrees of success.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah tbf playing the me legendary trilogy you can easily tell what era each game came from. These games really weren't shy about borrowing what was successful of the era to various degrees of success.
2 and 3 were definatly made when cover shooters were big

though after finally playing 1, i'm not exactly enamored by its combat or its rpg elements and inventory sysem even if 2 went too far in some cases so whatever

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
I still think ME2 and ME3 are what the entire trilogy was meant to be in terms of combat. All the components are there in ME1; BioWare simply couldn't combine them properly. I understand why ME1's combat has its fans. But in my opinion ME1's combat works despite its design, not because of it.

As for Inquisition... I actually like it a lot. But yeah, the areas were a bit much. It's one thing to have one or two bigger zones where you can explore and help the locals with pointless fetch quests if you so like. But it shouldn't dominate the game. That said, I really, really loved the art direction. Each area had a distinct look and environments were full of color. Nothing like DAO's Ferelden which looked like shit... literally. Here's hoping they keep the colors for DA4 but streamline the levels into tighter, more focused experiences.

Insanity is reasonable imo (as long you keep up with your weapons and skills obv) except for certain levels where it becomes hair pulling
I also start at level 30 which gives me a big headstart. Especially for a power based class like Engineer where lack of good weapons/mods isn't that big of a deal.

I might as wel try it. I played nothing but Insanity back in the day and from what I remember most levels should be doable even though I'm rusty. Grissom Academy is really the only early-game exception I can think of. The Atrium section... there will be salt.

SilentMike03

Oct 27, 2017
Just did the monastery mission and I had forgotten just how tank-y Banshees are.

Liara is so great. Singularity trivializes so many encounters in the game. There's generally a point from which Cerberus or husks or whatever are jumping down into the arena from a ledge. You just drop a singularity right at the landing spot and just wreck fools.

Witness

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Hartford, CT
Oh so that's why the black widow sniper rifle is the best in ME3, like holy shit it's nuts. Can't believe I never played an infiltrator in 3 before.

How is the Traynor romance in ME3? Just completed Citadel II so now is the time to choose a romance. I went with Liara in 1 and 2, but she was also my LI in my last cannon run prior to the LE coming out so I'm feeling to try someone different.

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017
Just did the monastery mission and I had forgotten just how tank-y Banshees are.

Liara is so great. Singularity trivializes so many encounters in the game. There's generally a point from which Cerberus or husks or whatever are jumping down into the arena from a ledge. You just drop a singularity right at the landing spot and just wreck fools.

Her singularity on like a 3 second cooldown in the third game, is ridiculous. More so if you constantly detonate it yourself at max cooldown reduction. Combine that with flare so you get the biotic explosion and flare explosion damage and you can clear fields in seconds, shield or barriers be damned.

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
I wish you were at least given some time aboard the Normandy to fix your armor and casual outfit after leaving Mars. I suppose it doesn't matter much. I remember doing all these small Citadel quests in one go at the start of the game, just to get them over with. The available ones at least. Might as well smear them out this time.

Nevermind, I should have played a bit longer. Turns out you can only visit the hospital and embassies on your first visit.

Oh man, Femshep's casual run... I don't remember it looking that goofy. I appreciate the head not bending at weird angles anymore, though! I don't think I ever got her to look straight ahead in ME2.

Mars on Insanity was a bit rough, but ultimately manageable. Really my biggest problem right now is awful weapon damage and rusty power combo skills. Engineer Shepard is fun, but in terms of party balance and combo potential an Adept or Vanguard would have been a better choice. Doesn't help that Kaidan is dead and I'd rather avoid Javik. I'm afraid Liara will mostly serve as crowd control master and occasional detonator, rather than a source of infinite explosions.

How is the Traynor romance in ME3? Just completed Citadel II so now is the time to choose a romance. I went with Liara in 1 and 2, but she was also my LI in my last cannon run prior to the LE coming out so I'm feeling to try someone different.
It's OK from what I remember. Pleasant but somewhat unremarkable I think? Though I have only romanced her once when the Citadel DLC wasn't out yet. From what I've seen she has more dialogue there, which changes when you romanced her.

I suppose the problem with a non squad member romance is that you only talk with them on the Normandy—or in case of Miranda, Jack, etc. only during their missions and in the Citadel DLC. The less said about Jacob the better. A romance with a squad member like Liara will always feel more involved since you can spend so much time together.

Last edited:

SlickVic

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Think I'm finally getting close to finishing ME1. Mostly wanted to finish up most of the side quests before heading to Virmire and just have the Garrus mission and Bring Down The Sky (technically DLC rather than a pure side quest I suppose) left. Technically also have a couple collectable quests left like collecting the League of One stuff and the minerals, but I'm ok with not finishing those.

I think my impressions of ME1 in the Legendary Edition fall in line of what I remember of first playing the game over a decade ago. Not terribly surprising I know, but I suppose it's been nice to see the game hold up for me for the most part. I love going through the main story quests again, and even doing side stuff on the Citadel. It's really cool to meet folks like Garrus for the first time 'again', especially knowing they'll continue to play a big role in the other games.

Also, reading the planet descriptions in each new system is really awesome, and I don't remember if I paid as much attention to them in my first playthrough. While many of them are technical data about a planet, the ones that give some lore about prior events/history are really cool. Between that and the codex entries, I really love how much they fleshed out the backstory of the ME universe. A lot of it may not be essential to understand and appreciate the main narrative, but I really love to see that level of detail.

I suppose my least favorite part of the game is the UNC side quests. To be fair, I think a lot of the optional planets you land on have some amazing skyboxes (which I think I appreciate even more with the graphics bump in LE), but the act of exploring those worlds with the Mako just hasn't felt particularly engaging to me otherwise.
I do think some of the story beats in some of the side quests are pretty cool (like running into Cerberus 'experiments' knowing their role in the later games, or even some of the more mysterious quests like finding Husks while looking for the missing survey team), but I do feel some of the slog of traveling with the Mako, or shooting through a swarm of enemies in identical looking warehouses/bases, does take away some of the charm of the story beats when they do happen.

Lunchbox

ƃuoɹʍ ʇᴉ ƃuᴉop ǝɹ,noʎ 'ʇɥƃᴉɹ sᴉɥʇ pɐǝɹ noʎ ɟI
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Rip City
LMFAO when Mordin just sings.
Baffled 😂
& then after I was sitting there just utterly laughing he coughs. Perfect man

I'm wrapping up ME2 & gonna play 3 for the first time :-)

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Keep talking to him when you exhausted his dialogue. He has hilarious lines.

"Having trouble working between your interruptions and EDI's insistence that 'insane' experiments endanger entire crew. Hard to concentrate. Affecting morale."

What is that man doing there?

N64Controller

Nov 2, 2017
Man, the fact that the Specialist achievements don't update in your face live is so fucking annoying. Like sometimes it's not clear if I really destroyed the armor with incinerate because some fucking idiot AI was shooting at the same target.

anexanhume

Oct 25, 2017
Maryland
I just have paramour (Ashley), Atlas (insanity), insanity III, and gunsmith to go. Looks like I'll need to replay every entry to get that.

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Decided to do the Mars mission with a Vanguard and Adept as well, just to see which class I like best. Luckily the trick to reset my skills in ME2 worked; now I don't start with level 4 incendiary and cryo ammo meaning I can immediately max Charge and Nova.

I didn't remember the journal in ME3 being that bad, so I was surprised by so many people complaining about it. But now I see what they were talking about. Merging the journal and codex is one of those "good on paper" decisions, but in this case you end up with a half baked journal. It wasn't necessary either because who is going to use the new return button to exit the menu?

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Decided to do the Mars mission with a Vanguard and Adept as well, just to see which class I like best. Luckily the trick to reset my skills in ME2 worked; now I don't start with level 4 incendiary and cryo ammo meaning I can immediately max Charge and Nova.

I didn't remember the journal in ME3 being that bad, so I was surprised by so many people complaining about it. But now I see what they were talking about. Merging the journal and codex is one of those "good on paper" decisions, but in this case you end up with a half baked journal. It wasn't necessary either because who is going to use the new return button to exit the menu?
Journal is also annoying when it comes to side quests
For some it doesn't update your actions which makes annoying while scanning planets for artifacts or you forgot stuff or if you took a break
It's not game breaking but it's weird when 1 and 2 keeps you update on what to do

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Why is Shepard reinstated as Spectre in the beginning of ME3? It makes sense in ME2 since Shepard has been, well, dead. But ME3 doesn't explain it. I assume it's because the whole destroyed relay/300.000 dead batarians thing which seems excessive collateral damage even for a Spectre. Especially since the Council outwardly pretends to not believe in, ah yes, "Reapers." But in that case they could have said so.

The cynic in me thinks the writers couldn't be arsed to come up with an alternative reason if you didn't complete Arrival. But they somehow had to clue new players in that Shepard is a Spectre, so they went with this.

Journal is also annoying when it comes to side quests
For some it doesn't update your actions which makes annoying while scanning planets for artifacts or you forgot stuff or if you took a break
It's not game breaking but it's weird when 1 and 2 keeps you update on what to do
I assume the assignments tab was removed because of the codex integration and they wanted to avoid cluttering. But like I said, making the codex part of the journal is so unnecessary in the first place. There's no need for a "Return" option when they could have just placed a "[button] Exit" command in the lower right corner. And the assignments tab is way too valuable to miss when there are so many fetch quests and other minor things to keep track of.

Alternatively, it's another cut corner and they decided writing minute descriptions for a bunch of fetch quests wasn't worth the effort.

Either way, it was a bad call.

Deleted member 91227

Feb 4, 2021
Finally got some solid gaming time this weekend and just finished up Mass Effect 2, ending with Arrival. Romanced Miranda, droppped her and tried to do the others to sleep around like I did back in the day, but was getting black screen errors with Tali and Jack and realized I didn't save any side quest missions to progress the relationships anyway. So just ended the save single with Liara's picture back displayed to just see that romance through the Trilogy like I did in my original playthroughs.

One thing I did different this time was save Tali's loyality mission for after reaper IFF so I could take Legion to the fleet and see some new dialogue etc. I hadn't before. That was pretty neat.

Anyway, had a blast with it and definitely confirmed that it's my personal all time favorite game. Looking forward to firing up ME3 in a bit as I've only done one playthrough of that game.

SilentMike03

Oct 27, 2017
Got through Omega and Leviathan DLC today. They're both fantastic. They do such a good job in Omega of making Aria feel powerful when she joins your team. Flare hits like a goddamn truck and I picked it for my bonus power even though I'm an infiltrator. Singularity + Flare is like a nuke going off, it's fantastic. Nyreen is really fun, I wish we got more time with her.

My favorite line from it is Aria basically saying how she only spent a couple hours with you and she's going soft. At least for me, I'm doing a Paragon playthrough. But it highlights something about Shepard that I love as a character. Shepard (at least as a Paragon, maybe a little less so as a Renegade) is just this force of nature that sweeps up everyone caught in her wake. It's never really touched on, but by the end of ME2, Shepard has flipped that entire Cerberus cell to her side, including TIM's 2nd in command (Miranda). It's great.

The Leviathan DLC is also really good, even if its purpose is ultimately to be a lore dump. And it also reinforces how dumb the human reaper was as a concept.

I'm about to go talk to the Quarians to kick off that part of the story and I'm wondering how I'm going to feel about the ending this time.

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Power combos are so OP. Singularity (Liara) --> Throw (Shep) --> biotic explosion --> Inferno Granade (Ashley) --> Warp (Liara) --> fire explosion --> Throw (Shep) --> biotic explosion --> everyone dead. All in the span of what, 10 seconds? Hard to believe Throw (and Pull) were such crappy powers on ME2 Insanity. Throw in particular is easily the most versatile power in the game.

Ultimately decided to roll a Sentinel because I wanted to keep the tech focus while also enjoying the benefits of access to Throw and Warp. Bonus points for being the only class I have never played before in ME3. And I played this game a lot.

Tech armor isn't that flashy of a unique power, but I like the look and the damage reduction can't hurt on Insanity. Because while power combos will be very much the name of the game, I do want to have the freedom to enjoy the occasional gunfight. I'm interested in experimenting with its detonation ability as well; at the very least it should help as a panic button against husks and the like.

KomandaHeck

Oct 26, 2017
Is there some kind of cheat or whatever to unlock all the achievements for this on PC? I just grabbed it but I want to be able to use bonus powers and all that from the start. I've already put so much time into this series over the years that I really just like to go back to it every couple of years and play mostly the same way with the Shepard I feel is right for the story, it's become more of a comfort story than anything else and I can't be bothered unlocking them all again when I've done it years ago when I had more time.

Oct 28, 2017
For anyone who played the original releases on PC, are the mods for ME3 worth visiting? I decided to read up on what was out there after finishing the LE and some of them seem pretty content-dense, namely the Expanded Galaxy mod and the add-ons that use it as a base. If they're as good as they sound I might run through ME3 on my copy of the original I have laying around somewhere.

Lunchbox

ƃuoɹʍ ʇᴉ ƃuᴉop ǝɹ,noʎ 'ʇɥƃᴉɹ sᴉɥʇ pɐǝɹ noʎ ɟI
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Rip City
Got my ME 2 platinum :-) what a fucking great game. One of the best RPG's of all time.

having never played 3 I'm a bit worried but excited.

Deleted member 91227

Feb 4, 2021
I didn't really dig Charge much in my vanguard playthrough of ME2, but having a blast with it and Nova in ME3. Combat is so much better in that game than the first 2.