• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Ralemont

Jan 3, 2018
Hmm, I'm pretty sure trailers and media coverage prior to original launch covered that.
In any case, it'd be hard to write up an ME2/ME3 summary without mentioning the Reapers lol.

Considering the amount of people who say that THAT moment blew their mind when playing ME1, I think it should be considered a spoiler. New players should have the same opportunity.

As for the ME2/3 summary, that's an excellent argument for why a spoiler-free thread shouldn't have extensive story information about anything further than the beginning of ME1.

No offense to Phelps who did an amazing job working up the OT or anything <3

Last edited:

unfashionable

Oct 29, 2017
Considering the amount of people who say that THAT moment blew their mind when playing ME1, I think it should be considered a spoiler. New players should have the same opportunity.

I think it spoils things personally as when it is revealed its very impactful the voice acting, the message, the seriousness. up to that point things were generic as a spectre. it sets a definitive tone for the rest of the series which isnt apparent from the beginning (hinted at but its basically a point where things get real)

Datrael

Oct 25, 2017
I'm getting my physical PS4 copy today, in about half an hour. I'm so happy to be playing this again.

Kaeden

Oct 25, 2017
US
Was a tad concerned when I only saw the open spoiler thread but luckily saw the link to this one. Phew!

Great OT!!

OP
OP
Phellps

Phellps

Oct 25, 2017

As for the ME2/3 summary, that's an excellent argument for why a spoiler-free thread shouldn't have extensive story information about anything further than the beginning of ME1.

No offense to Phelps who did an amazing job working up the OT or anything <3
None taken! It's a tricky balance between "This is a little bit of spoilery but useful information to decide if this is the game for me" and "ruining the story". I used EA's own official synopsis for each title, so I figured marketing material would be mostly common knowledge.

I put a warning that the rest of the OT would contain some information about the plot right before the titles, but I'm considering making that warning a bit more obvious so people don't wander into spoiler territory without knowing. Because even the second post talking about the remaster contains some stuff that could be considered spoiler.

KomandaHeck

Oct 26, 2017
I think people are mixing up that ME1 plot synopsis as being too spoilery with something that happens later on in the game.

It doesn't spoil anything significant at all, and doesn't tell you anything you don't learn in the first 2 hours of the main story.

Great OT, might not get the remaster straight away but I'm really curious to see ME1 with a new coat of paint. I know that game like the back of my hand. New players, enjoy!

NoWayOut

Oct 27, 2017
I've been waiting for this for years! I only played few hours on the original PC version back then, but did not enjoy the performance and overall user experience at the time. Looking forward to experience the full trilogy on XSX unless DF says otherwise.

GearDraxon

Oct 25, 2017
I can't wait to pop into this thread and see all the new people make their way through this - I'll echo the thoughts of others, and say that I'm jealous of all of you! I very rarely return to games once I've finished them, and I've played through ME1 more times than I can count...which is about the highest praise I can give it.

Deleted member 3190

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Avasarala is already in the game though (quarian)

made me love expanse even more
Hah! That was part of my thought process. I figured there was like at least a 80% chance she voiced a character at some point through the series, plus I don't have a lot of love for the Expanse character anyway.

Edit: Wait, she's only been in two video games/series? That's impossible. I swear I hear her voice in just about everything.

Annie85x

Mar 12, 2020
Always wanted to give ME a try in the past but never got round to it, really tempted to just pull the trigger and order it!

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
So as a heads up to those planning to buy it on Origin/EA Desktop app: they absolutely suck in regards to downloads/install and patches and other issues. Just go with Steam, I've been using Origin and EA Desktop App (because of Game Pass) and I've had constant, and really constant, issues such as games not launching but showing as launched, paused downloads unable to resume until you clear the cache, on Origin patches takes forever (maybe not as much as the "copying" on PS4) due to "checking files" of your already downloaded game (Checking 120gb of files will take a long time, believe me)

Wong Kar Why

Unshakable Resolve
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
OT's got me hyped! just noticed a typo on the last bullet of me1's additional improvements.

got my fingers crossed for me3 holster.

Beth Cyra

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I can be a bit spoiler so I'm gunna avoid this thread to make sure I don't drop any by accident.

That said I hope every person who plays the games love them, truly there is almost something for everyone in them.

Hope to see a bunch of new faces in the spoiler thread when y'all are ready go crazy on reactions!

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
Can't wait to try this out for the first time!

Just kidding, this will be my something like 10th+ playthrough of the trilogy. This was my fave thing to come out of the Xbox 360 gen, ME2 is one of my top 10 games, never forget the hype I had for each game.

Deleted member 17184

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So as a heads up to those planning to buy it on Origin/EA Desktop app: they absolutely suck in regards to downloads/install and patches and other issues. Just go with Steam, I've been using Origin and EA Desktop App (because of Game Pass) and I've had constant, and really constant, issues such as games not launching but showing as launched, paused downloads unable to resume until you clear the cache, on Origin patches takes forever (maybe not as much as the "copying" on PS4) due to "checking files" of your already downloaded game (Checking 120gb of files will take a long time, believe me)
That's weird. I didn't have any of these issues so far. Granted, I've never paused downloads. Everything else works fine, though.

Type VII

Oct 31, 2017
Just been charged by The Game Collection so hopefully going out tomorrow for Thursday arrival.

Really looking forward to getting back into this series. I remember taking a chance on the original on 360 when it came out, having never really gotten into a WRPG. Completely hooked after a couple of hours though, well once I'd removed that awful film grain.

I went with a male Shep first time around too, definitely going FemShep here.

Hero_Select

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm popping in here to curse you all lucky mf who get to experience this trilogy for the first time. Enjoy ye bastards. I look forward to seeing all the reactions.

Great OTs, OP!

Teddy

Oct 26, 2017
Congrats to everyone who gets to experience this amazing trilogy for the first time, enjoy the game!

LossAversion

The Merchant of ERA
Oct 28, 2017
I was just kidding, because most people choose the male version, so a small jab at them - especially since I think Jennifer Hale did such a great job with the VO.
Well I, on the other hand, was completely serious. My favorite romance option is the best option and if you don't agree, you are wrong and you should feel bad!

Hero_Select

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I was just kidding, because most people choose the male version, so a small jab at them - especially since I think Jennifer Hale did such a great job with the VO.
For sure Femshep has the better VO, Jennifer Hale is untouchable.

Mark Meer is a little weak in the first game but from 2 and onward he nails it.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
😂 👍

I'm glad to see so much support for femme Shep. Looking forward to starting with her.
I played Male Shep in the original, so I'm going FemShep this time. I was going to replay the trilogy as FemShep years ago, but three 30+ hour games is a tall order. At least now there are tons of improvements to see.

KefkaPalazzo

Oct 25, 2017
These games defined the 7th generation for me. Can't wait to dive back in, this time in 4K 60 FPS!

I did a Fem Shep play through last time I played the trilogy before Andromeda released, so I'll probably be Male Shepard this time around. Both are such fantastic performances.

OP
OP
Phellps

Phellps

Oct 25, 2017
PSA for our spoiler-free buddies, the PlayStation Store pre-load might be live in your region right now. Check your download lists!

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
My SimplyGames order has been despatched.

ClearWhiteIcelandgull-size_restricted.gif

Jacknapes

Oct 26, 2017
Newport, South Wales
For those getting to experience the trilogy for the first time, you are in for a treat. They've made improvements to the original, so at least it's a better experience for when you move onto Mass Effect 2

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Shame they didnt added FOV slider on consoles. I get it wasnt a option back in the day. But nowadays it really should be in games