• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 52442

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 24, 2019
I am excited to experience this series for the first time

eventually

Will buy and download the day it's out, but probably won't get to it for a while

shinobi602

Verified
Oct 24, 2017
The 50000 year Reaper loop.

Well, in general the existence of the reapers, at the beginning of the game you only know of Saren, the Geth and that they might have a huge black squid like ship.
Hmm, I'm pretty sure trailers and media coverage prior to original launch covered that.
In any case, it'd be hard to write up an ME2/ME3 summary without mentioning the Reapers lol.

Patitoloco

Oct 27, 2017
Hmm, I'm pretty sure trailers and media coverage prior to original launch covered that.
In any case, it'd be hard to write up an ME2/ME3 summary without mentioning the Reapers lol.
Fair, but I don't think many people that haven't played the games and are going to do it now remember the 2007 trailers lol

They have named them during most of their blog posts for this version as well yeah, but I mean, it's still formed as one of the twists of the original game.

PS9

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
How's the ending to the trilogy these days? I remember the shit storm around it when 3 released but does the patched ending make it good or just less bad? No spoilers obvs PLS, just wanna set my expectations for the ending appropriately.

Menchin

Apr 1, 2019
How's the ending to the trilogy these days? I remember the shit storm around it when 3 released but does the patched ending make it good or just less bad? No spoilers obvs PLS, just wanna set my expectations for the ending appropriately.

It's far better than the original, shitstorm-causing ending. Still isn't what it could've been but it's not quite so godawful anymore.

Patitoloco

Oct 27, 2017
Why is EU download 20GB more than USA?
Italian, French, German

The Extended ending is quite better. If it's good or not depends on what part people didn't like of it, but it's definitely better overall.

BFIB

Oct 25, 2017
I keep going back and forth between my PC and my PS5. I'm leaning on PS5 because it gives me something to play on it, but I get a discount since I have the games on Steam on PC........

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Very excited for this. Haven't played through the whole trilogy before and it looks great.

Deleted member 3190

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm thinking about playing this mostly through in-home streaming. For those familiar with the games, how much will lag really impact the gameplay?

Raxious

Oct 27, 2017
I really want to get this, but seeing as they haven't really shown anything and there's still no previews/reviews available, i'll wait a few more days to see if it's an actual remaster worth playing.

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Is there any point in my putting hope in there being a Switch port by the end of the year or should I just cop the PS4/PS5 version?

Labyrinthe

Mar 12, 2018
I really want to get this, but seeing as they haven't really shown anything and there's still no previews/reviews available, i'll wait a few more days to see if it's an actual remaster worth playing.

Same here, even if the games were good in their days, having replayed them a year ago, some stuff needed some adjustements and i hope this release is solid and updated. We saw some stuff around Mass Effect 1 and i'm eager to play it again but 2 and 3 also need some changes.

MegaSackman

Oct 27, 2017
Argentina

I'm on the fence as well, I fear these could have aged really bad, and considering I had a hard time enjoying Monster Hunter Rise on a visual level, I wonder if ME would impact me in a similar manner.

I'll wait until people start streaming so I can judge if I want to jump in right now or wait for sales.

Empyrean Cocytus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Upstate NY
Coming in as someone who only played through the first game, had someone die, and didn't want to continue past that and didn't want to restart, what is the best way to go though the game ENSURING that nobody dies, without spoilers?

Shiftymorgan

Nov 2, 2017
Coming in as someone who only played through the first game, had someone die, and didn't want to continue past that and didn't want to restart, what is the best way to go though the game ENSURING that nobody dies, without spoilers?

Stick to one of the alignments. Paragon or Renegade.

You can't be grey if you want people to live

Edit If its
Kaiden or Ashley, one of them has to go.

Double edit
Dont read the spoiler sorry I read again.

SunBroDave

Oct 25, 2017
The ending is still a bit out of left field, but it was improved in two ways after the original ME3 release:
  • They patched in more "epilogue" scenes (which are included in the Legendary Edition) that make the ending feel less abrupt and a little more of a satisfying send off for everyone.
  • The "Leviathan" DLC for ME3 (also included in the Legendary Edition) adds context to the events of the ending that make It feel less out of left field. This DLC is a must play for this reason.

Zephy

Oct 27, 2017
Just want to say, anyone who will be discovering the trilogy with this, enjoy the greatest saga in gaming !

I recently replayed on PC with mods so it will be some years before I give this a try. Hopefully by then, they will have ported the mods that are still relevant, the expanded mods in ME2 and especially 3 had some really cool stuff.

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
Only ever played a couple hours of 2 and beginning of 3, so really excited to experience the full journey

theSoularian

Oct 25, 2017
Looking forward to revisiting this trilogy. Hopefully it will be a solid remaster.
And finally official controller support on PC!!!!

Tahnit

Oct 25, 2017
I keep going back and forth between my PC and my PS5. I'm leaning on PS5 because it gives me something to play on it, but I get a discount since I have the games on Steam on PC........

It is NOT a native ps5 app. It is ps4 with backwards compatibility. You will not be able to take advantage of the hardware of the ps5 in full.

The Artisan

"Angels are singing in monasteries..."
Oct 27, 2017
Mass Effect 2 was the first platinum trophy I ever got. Not counting the TellTale games, it is still the only platinum I got. Looking forward to getting the Ps4 version!

JoeBoy101

Oct 25, 2017

Running through the full series it is impossible to ensure nobody dies. Some people will die due to story requirements.

Ewaan

May 29, 2020
Motherwell, Scotland
Got this on pre-order and it should be arriving Friday. I'm going in completely blind and not got a clue what I'm in for.

When do reviews drop for this? It makes no difference as to whether I get the game or not, just looking for some impressions.

Fachasaurus

Oct 27, 2017
Envious of anyone that's getting to go into this completely fresh. I remember spending a whole year playing and replaying the very first game and waiting for more and more as the story unfolded.

This shit is honestly better than Star Wars for me at this point! Can't wait to dig in once I get some of my current backlog cleared away!

Carian Knight

Oct 27, 2017
Turkey
One of the best OTs I've seen in a while, great job!

Also, it's 2021 there should be an option to download English only version of the games. Forced localization files stupid as hell.

dm101

Nov 13, 2018
I played the first one very briefly when it came out, so I think of myself as a first timer. I have it preloaded on my series x and lg cx for 4k at 60fps. Should be beautiful.

KamenRiderEra

Oct 25, 2017
It is one of my most beloved game series! Unfortunately is disapointing the lack of PT-BR subs in this release. I have friends that till this day don't know the franchise and need the subs to fully appreciate the game.

Breqesk

Oct 28, 2017
For what it's worth, I'd like to offer a dissenting opinion re: the whole 'you have to go pure Paragon/Renegade to get everyone through alive' thing. I always play some kinda mixed-alignment character these days - I prefer to roleplay specific character traits, rather than sticking to auto-selecting blue or red - and I never lose anyone. You just have to make sure you choose the skill branches that maximise your Paragon/Renegade persuasion bonus, and pursue every opportunity to earn extra exp through the first two games.

Roleplay how you wanna roleplay; you'll be fine!

(And if you're still not convinced, I believe that one of the specific changes they're making is to reduce the difficulty of the persuasion checks that determine your crew's fate.)

DoctorDake

Development Director
Verified
Mar 28, 2018
Austin, TX
After all these years, I'm finally ready to admit this (especially since I....work there now.)

I didn't know Wrex wasn't supposed to die. I murdered him in my first playthrough and always assumed that was a forced moment.

Excited to finally play it again and fix my mistake.

unfashionable

Oct 29, 2017
Going to be playing through these games for the first time. Was about to try and play last year, but the rumors about the remaster just kept me from diving into it. Still haven't decided who I'm creating for my character.

1*Za0Hu3ZRKutyWh3jBjv4xQ.jpeg

Avasarala isn't really in the running, it's just the best image I could find. I'm leaning towards Bobbie though.

Avasarala is already in the game though (quarian)

made me love expanse even more

Deleted member 17184

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Is there any reason to not go femme Shephard?
I plan to but know some games have weird differences between choices sometimes.

🙌 Can't wait and this OT is pushing up those hype thrusters.
Some of the love interests are locked behind whether you play Male or Female Shepard.

The Male Shepard's default face model is 100x more detailed than anything else you can create in the game cause they face-scanned an actual person, the default female Shepard looks decent but nowhere near as detailed.

Other than that, there are no game play differences and no major story decisions will get locked behind it.
Just a correction about this: the default FemShep is now the same across all three games, and has face model is also unique and very detailed.

Additionally, the updated character creator has some fantastic new options to create the Shepard you want.

Please share your thoughts as you play, Kyuuji! I'm curious to know what you think.