• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Phellps

Oct 25, 2017
cBAJI07.jpg

8hbcuOU.jpg

Jump to discussion | Digital stores: PSN / Xbox / Steam / Origin

oC6gQxN.jpg

pJ6H0iw.jpg

SfZSxZd.jpg

Og1omj0.jpg

Ptv4jrg.jpg

zKpAsYR.jpg

1wejjR4.jpg

wFoZVxJ.jpg

ecOiIE9.jpg

tkkCIWc.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Phellps

Phellps

Oct 25, 2017
EXYY3St.jpg

jNXrnZp.jpg

SrQpVwP.jpg

xTOwRf4.jpg

When does my digital copy unlock?
  • PlayStation Store: Midnight, May 14th (local time of the store region)
  • Xbox Store: Midnight, May 14th (local time of the store region)
  • Origin/Steam: 5PM CEST, May 14th ( May 14, 2021 at 11:00 AM )

Can we finally holster in ME3?
Nope.

What are the system requirements for the PC version?

Minimum requirements:
  • Operating System: 64-bit Windows 10
  • CPU: Intel Core i5 3570 or AMD FX-8350
  • RAM: 8 GB System Memory
  • GPU: NVIDIA GTX 760/ AMD Radeon 7970 / R9280X
  • GPU RAM: 2 GB Video Memory
  • Hard drive: At least 120 GB of free space
  • DirectX version: DirectX 11
Recommended:
  • Operating System: 64-bit Windows 10.
  • CPU: Intel Core i7-7700 or AMD Ryzen 7 3700X .
  • RAM: 16 GB System Memory.
  • GPU: NVIDIA GTX 1070/AMD Radeon Vega 56.
  • GPU RAM: 4 GB Video Memory.
  • Hard drive: At least 120 GB of free space
  • DirectX version: DirectX 11.

Does the PC version support mods?
BioWare has confirmed to be talking to members of the modding community to ensure a smooth transition, and more details on this are supposed to be revealed near launch.

Can my two RTX 3090 on SLI run this at 4K and 60fps?
Yes, but you might want to set shadows to medium. /s

Last edited:

Snarfington

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I have been so excited for this but it's really crept up on me! Always meant to get into Mass Effect but never got around to it, this is the perfect time though. Look forward to discussing it & glad to have a thread for doing that without spoilers!

PS9

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I've never played Mass Effect and I'm mainly a shooter guy with the occasional RPG and I dunno if I'm gonna like it or not.

Mattmo831

Featuring Mattmo831 from the Apple v Epic case
Oct 26, 2020
Can't wait to revisit this trilogy and play all the DLC for the first time

NeoBob688

Oct 27, 2017
Awesome OT.

Is it known why the PC version has bigger file size than XB/PS version? Is there a difference in core assets?

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
This is awesome, thank you for posting a spoiler-free one Phellps! Absolutely drop-dead gorgeous OT.
Very much looking forward to playing these for the first time, have heard so many good things over the years.

OP
OP
Phellps

Phellps

Oct 25, 2017
Thank you for the kind words, guys! I hope you all enjoy this trilogy as much as I have. Which is a lot.
I've never played Mass Effect and I'm mainly a shooter guy with the occasional RPG and I dunno if I'm gonna like it or not.
It's very RPG-lite, actually, it's not like Dragon Age, for instance. I think most fans of third-person shooters would enjoy this.

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
To anyone playing this trilogy for the first time.

Buckle up ! You're in for one hell of a ride !!

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Is there any reason to not go femme Shephard?
I plan to but know some games have weird differences between choices sometimes.

To anyone playing this trilogy for the first time.
Buckle up ! You're in for one hell of a ride !!
🙌 Can't wait and this OT is pushing up those hype thrusters.

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
Nice job with the thread! Too many games on my plate at the moment for me to jump into this set at launch, but I'm looking forward to seeing folk experience this trilogy for the first time!

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017

Some of the love interests are locked behind whether you play Male or Female Shepard.

The Male Shepard's default face model is 100x more detailed than anything else you can create in the game cause they face-scanned an actual person, the default female Shepard looks decent but nowhere near as detailed.

Other than that, there are no game play differences and no major story decisions will get locked behind it.

PS9

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Is the original game that hard to get through? I've heard it's really outdated compared to 2/3 and they didn't update the combat system in this remaster to match the other two games.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Some romance options are only available for male or female Shepard.
Some of the love interests are locked behind whether you play Male or Female Shepard.

The Male Shepard's default face model is 100x more detailed than anything else you can create in the game cause they face-scanned an actual person, the default female Shepard looks decent but nowhere near as detailed.

Other than that, there are no game play differences and no major story decisions will get locked behind it.
Got you, thanks for the pointers both 👍
Can someone spoiler tag if there are same-sex romance options (not the names, just a y/n please).

Mar 8, 2018
Even the first game is more shooter than straight RPG. It's still largely real time, just with some numbers. After that, the next two games are more like the traditional cover shooters of that era.

The series as a whole is probably closer to 50% Gears + 50% Visual Novel than it is to an RPG.

cmdrshepard

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Wish I had the time off to play but will be jumping in hard on the weekend. Can not wait!
I would say this is for you. The first game is has the most traditional RPG aspects, however 2+3 absolutely favour the third person shooter aspect and gameplay. And the first game is still RPG-lite despite it being the heaviest on that aspect, of the trilogy.

Can someone spoiler tag if there are same-sex romance options (not the names, just a y/n please).

Yes - more options as the trilogy progresses too FYI

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK

No, other than some romance options. I've grown to enjoy Mark Meer's performance as Male Shep, but Jennifer Hale's is the superior one.

Yes for Femme Shep in ME1/2, Yes for Male and Femme Shep in ME3

krpiper

Oct 28, 2017
Hmmm I'm definitely in. I inky dabbled with ME 1 back in the day but I've been watching TNG for the first time recently and this looks to scratch that itch as well

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
No, other than some romance options. I've grown to enjoy Mark Meer's performance as Male Shep, but Jennifer Hale's is the superior one.

Yes for Femme Shep in ME1/2, Yes for Male and Femme Shep in ME3
Yes - more options as the trilogy progresses too FYI
Beautiful, thanks for that all.
Looks like I'll be running femme Shep then 🙌

Hoggle

Mar 25, 2021

🙌 Can't wait and this OT is pushing up those hype thrusters.

Every time I see the male Shepard I wonder who it is. Redhead fem Shepard is the way to go. Although mine looks less like a model than the new default one.

Mindwipe

Oct 25, 2017
London
That plot summary of ME1 is a pretty flaming big spoiler and you really shouldn't read it if you're going in fresh.

Tmespe

Oct 27, 2017
Thought this was 14 for some reason. No early unlock for us New Zealand frequent flyers, right?

Edit: Shame on me for not reading the OT properly. I see 12. is for pre-load, not release.

hwalker84

Oct 29, 2017
Pittsburgh
You can't release Andromeda and Anthem and expect me to pre-order this game when we're 2.5 days from launch without a single video from outside of Bioware. I was about to checkout on Xbox until i realized this.

OP
OP
Phellps

Phellps

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, for the spoiler free thread that OT is quite spoilery Phellps lol

I mean, it's one of the main plot twists of ME1.
Hah, yeah, I know! And those are the official summaries too. But I also didn't want people to use the open spoilers OT to have some general information about the series, even if some of it is spoilery. That's why I decided to have the plot summary of each game after a warning that anyone who wanted the stay as much spoiler-free as possible should stop reading at that point.

Patitoloco

Oct 27, 2017
Hah, yeah, I know! But I also didn't want people to use the open spoilers OT to have some general information about the series, even if some of it is spoilery. That's why I decided to have the plot summary of each game after a warning that anyone who wanted the stay as much spoiler-free as possible should stop reading at that point.
Fair enough! haha

It's a fantastic OT

Deleted member 3190

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Going to be playing through these games for the first time. Was about to try and play last year, but the rumors about the remaster just kept me from diving into it. Still haven't decided who I'm creating for my character.

1*Za0Hu3ZRKutyWh3jBjv4xQ.jpeg

Avasarala isn't really in the running, it's just the best image I could find. I'm leaning towards Bobbie though.

Last edited:

impingu1984

Oct 31, 2017
UK
Any idea on what the Origin DRM on steam is. Like.

Basically I'd like to get it on Steam as all the original I have on Origin so the chance to have it now on steam is tempting... But of it's basically steam launching the origin client to launch the game I may as well get it on origin.

Wallach

Oct 26, 2017
Hah, yeah, I know! And those are the official summaries too. But I also didn't want people to use the open spoilers OT to have some general information about the series, even if some of it is spoilery. That's why I decided to have the plot summary of each game after a warning that anyone who wanted the stay as much spoiler-free as possible should stop reading at that point.

Not sure I understand, why is it good for those coming into a spoiler-free thread to have that information...?

Patitoloco

Oct 27, 2017
Any idea on what the Origin DRM on steam is. Like.

Basically I'd like to get it on Steam as all the original I have on Origin so the chance to have it now on steam is tempting... But of it's basically steam launching the origin client to launch the game I may as well get it on origin.
It's Steam launching Origin each time you click play.

shinobi602

Verified
Oct 24, 2017

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
Going to be playing through these games for the first time. Was about to try and play last year, but the rumors about the remaster just kept me from diving into it. Still haven't decided who I'm creating for my character.

1*Za0Hu3ZRKutyWh3jBjv4xQ.jpeg

Avasarala isn't really in the running, it's just the best image I could find. I'm leaning towards Bobbie though.

Bobbie Draper is a very good choice.

Patitoloco

Oct 27, 2017
Nice OT!

Also not super jelly of everyone experiencing these for the first time.

Huh? What's spoilery about it?
The 50000 year Reaper loop.

Well, in general the existence of the reapers, at the beginning of the game you only know of Saren, the Geth and that they might have a huge black squid like ship.

Jiraiya

Oct 27, 2017
My playtime is wide open for this. Really excited to experience the dlc for the first time. So much ish i don't remember too. All at 120 frames. Whew

Kratos2013

Jan 25, 2018
Phellps Extraordinary work "on both" OT. Seriously, thank you so much.

I love the series. I am so pumped for this Legendary edition. Is it Friday yet?