• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Even a late-entry character like Javik looks noticeably better. It's like putting glasses on and seeing the details pop.
mejavik-comparison.jpg
Just makes me even more excited to see what all of the other characters look like.

Lumination

Oct 26, 2017
Maybe my memory deceives me, but I got a little bummed out thinking about how shoehorned the DLC characters felt.

Deleted member 2533

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Maybe my memory deceives me, but I got a little bummed out thinking about how shoehorned the DLC characters felt.

I can't speak to Kasumi and whatshisface because I only got them later after I beat the game, so it was just their missions and then I was done with them, but Javik brought a lot of lore to ME3 throughout and seemed more like a character that was gated behind a paywall than one added-in after the fact.

AWizardDidIt

Oct 28, 2017

Zaeed and Kasumi were pretty shoehorned and unfortunately *feel* like DLC since they don't have proper conversations on the Normandy.

Javik though was like, literally cut out of the game and feels more a part of ME3 squad than several of the crew members that are in the base game. It's fucking insane that a character like Javik was sold seperately as dlc.

Firefly

Jul 10, 2018
May feels so far away.

Loaded up Mass effect 2 and Ampere chews it up at 4K 120hz. Wonder how much hit the Remaster will incur.

warcrow

Oct 30, 2017
Are we all once again ready to hear the absolute best menu music ever created?

Years ago I use to put this on in the background when working. Now's a good time to start that back up...

Phellps

Oct 25, 2017
Even a late-entry character like Javik looks noticeably better. It's like putting glasses on and seeing the details pop.
mejavik-comparison.jpg
This was the first moment in the trailer where I immediately noticed it looked better. The texture looks really crisp and really brings out all the details.

Thanks for posting these comparisons, btw! They're quite handy to notice where these remasters are improving on the originals.

NotSoren

Jul 15, 2020
Queer people getting the shaft seems to be a ongoing Mass Effect tradition haha. I should have expected it but oh well. Let's hope the modders can do the same thing they did for Kaiden/Ashley in the original trilogy.

Last edited:

shinobi602

Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Tried to grab as high res as I could from the trailer and 4K playthroughs of the original games. OG ME has heavy motion blur in cutscenes so it's super hard to get a perfect still shot.

4xmk2h.png

1uik44.png

2nnk32.jpg

34okwx.jpg

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
Any confirmation that you can holster your gun in ME3?
I highly doubt they'll do it. Unlike ME1 and ME2 where combat and non-combat zones were grouped together, ME3's have hard transitions with cutscenes and fade ins and fade outs; there'd be no point. Even though RAM limitations aren't there for the consoles, it probably won't be addressed.

A good chunk of sections in ME2 prevented you from holstering, too, btw.

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
Should we need to favor on current-gen consoles or will we get a patch like today's GOW one with both 4K and 60 FPS?

KrAzY

Sep 2, 2018
Overall Happy with all the comparison shots, now the most important next thing is optimization, hope it runs well

canderous

Prophet of Truth
Jun 12, 2020
Definitely looks like they're attempting to bring the aesthetic more in to line with ME3's here:

mass-effect-3-normandy-citadel-mass-effekt-3-normandiia-tsit.jpg
They said they worked backwards from ME3 for this project. Probably similar reasons for the changes to Eden Prime's environment. They even took some of the buildings and assets from Eden Prime in ME3 and put them into ME1 apparently.

Galava

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
They said they worked backwards from ME3 for this project. Probably similar reasons for the changes to Eden Prime's environment. They even took some of the buildings and assets from Eden Prime in ME3 and put them into ME1 apparently.
I welcome this change. When we went back to Eden Prime I was like "wait, is this the same planet from ME1? looks so different"

Phellps

Oct 25, 2017
And you would be right preferring that version. If you played the original, that sky doesn't make any sense.
It didn't even make sense in the first Mass Effect. This is Eden Prime as seen in the Galaxy Map:

Xe67Pws.png

And this is Eden Prime in concept art:

5Lek4SV.png

No red skies.It looks a lot better with a regular-looking sky on a world that is supposed to be habitable for humans. Also, it isn't red in ME3 either, so it's clear they wanted consistency.

Yeah. Seems like it doesn't have a current-gen SKU for any platform, but it's supposed to be optimized for the new consoles still.

Barnak

Oct 25, 2017
Canada

Since ME1 is the one that needed the biggest upgrade, I guess it make sense to put it more in line aesthetically(well, Eden Prime and the Citadel so far at least) to the sequels than the other way around.

I just hope they don't screw up Noveria. I really liked driving around the blizzard with the below soundtrack and the dark creepy tunnels with the Rachni. Here's hoping they keep the same atmosphere even with the upgrades.

Crushed

Oct 25, 2017
The red sky on Eden Prime always came off as if it was a direct consequence of Saren's attack (ie, Sovereign's presence and the geth attacking the colony caused a smoky red sky as things burned), so saying it was changed to bring consistency with the Codex image and ME3 doesn't really line up.

Ushojax

Oct 30, 2017
I'm tempted to get this just to replay the first game but I still hate what happened to this series.

ME1: Denis Villeneuve
ME2: JJ Abrams
ME3: Michael Bay

Why did it all have to go so wrong?

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
If we're being honest short of a complete teardown and reboot of ME3 from start to finish you aren't "fixing" it. Even though I didn't like the revamped ending they made at least did make it a little more acceptable.

Honestly you'd need to rewrite chunks of ME2 as well to get anywhere close to a good ending. That's where the death spiral for the plot started.

AzorAhai

Oct 29, 2017
I did't like Mass Effect 2. I have nothing against the setting but I found the story and the gameplay simply boring.
Is 1 really different ?
Is 3 more fun to play ?

Status
Not open for further replies.