• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 27, 2017
I'm happy to see this get finally announced. I'm not going to relive it but I'm glad that EA is still invested in the IP

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
Will you be able to have same sex romantic options for both male and female Shephard across all three games?

Tryphus

One Winged Slayer
Nov 2, 2018
I'm over the moon, definitely a lot of great updates. I can still actively play the multiplayer on PC finding matches easily, so I'm not too bummed on that front (but would've killed for crossplay).

I have such a love for this series. I remember buying ME1 used at Gamestop as something to get on a whim for my "new" 360 at the time, and honestly it was all of the science, lore, exploration, powers, and humor that I really loved. To have a more cohesive experience across the trilogy will be truly fantastic.

itsaziz

Nov 8, 2017
Can't wait! Really hope they sort out the inventory and menus in ME1, they were really slow.

Oct 29, 2017
looks like they didn't fix some of the poor animation sets they used in some of the cutscenes (if you look at the way they're holding the weapons)

8MQDjoH.jpg

but it's no biggie at all, it's only for a splitsecond we see them holding their weapons awkwardly at times

Makes sense that it would be Maya Brooks holding her gun like a dingus.

Barnak

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
looks like they didn't fix some of the poor animation sets they used in some of the cutscenes (if you look at the way they're holding the weapons)

8MQDjoH.jpg

but it's no biggie at all, it's only for a splitsecond we see them holding their weapons awkwardly at times
I love how everyone in this screenshot is aiming down, but James is like "fuck that I'm shooting at the walls" with that blank stare.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

It looks so gooooooooooooood

Gimme gimme gimme gimme

Tremorah

Dec 3, 2018
Over 40 DLCs, fucking hell thats a lot for three games

Might get just for the nostalgia of Bioware making good games

obeast

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
As I just mentioned in a separate thread, I think it's going to be, uh, interesting to see how players who started the franchise with ME2, or never played it at all, deal with ME1's mechanics.
I love ME1, but I anticipate a lot of "what is this shit"-type reactions from new players. Action RPGs have come a long way since it was released, and players are a lot less forgiving of bad gameplay loops.

I would implore anyone who tries the first mission and thinks "oh god, what am I in for" to try to persevere a bit, just to experience the game's absolutely incredible world building, which I think is probably literally the best mainstream sci-fi setting created in any medium in the last few decades. ME1 also has a physical sense of scale that the later games just lack entirely, and which I badly missed (the Citadel was never more interesting than in ME1). And it's pretty short - you can bomb through the main quests, with a sprinkling of side content, in a couple dozen hours at most.

Jarmel

The Jackrabbit Always Wins
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Yea those Eden Prime sky changes are real bad. They also way overdid it with the lens flare to the point I thought some of the images were photoshopped.

Weebos

Oct 25, 2017
Will you be able to have same sex romantic options for both male and female Shephard across all three games?
From what they've said today, I assume not. They could be saving it for a later press reveal, but they said they didn't add anything or change existing things beyond textures, models, UI, and controls.

Oct 31, 2017
yeah disappointed by only being a bc enhanced title on PS5/XSX. Lame as fuck, but time was probably a factor.

Will wait and see if there will be a next gen version eventually. Played the originals to death.

More of a budget thing than time I feel. No reason for third parties to go all the way for consoles that barely released a few months ago (and aren't even available).

And you should prepare yourself as cross gen could be even bigger this gen! :P

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Gotta imagine that Eden Prime got changed to bring it in line with the ME3 Reaper landings where the sky doesn't turn bright red and shit.

blizzardjesus

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Did you try ME2 and ME3 as well? I don't mean that as a gotcha. But they're very different games compared to ME1. ME3 in particular is one of the best gameplay experiences in my life and I'm saying that as someone who stopped playing ME1 after the intro mission because I thought it sucked. The only reason I completed it eventually was because ME2 would give you an awful default save state if you didn't transfer your own.

I did not, and I do not plan to. I gave the first one a chance, and it killed any interest going forward.

Kain

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I did not, and I do not plan to. I gave the first one a chance, and it killed any interest going forward.

Don't mean to convince you but as someone who hated every single moment of 1, and only finished because I spent money on it, I had an amazing time with 2 and 3.

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
From what they've said today, I assume not. They could be saving it for a later press reveal, but they said they didn't add anything or change existing things beyond textures, models, UI, and controls.
That would be extremely disappointing, particularly for queer men. It needs to be addressed.

Labyrinthe

Mar 12, 2018
Most ME1 environments looked terrible, so while we may lose something on Eden Prime, I imagine in aggregate the changes are overwhelmingly for the better.

The brutalism was part of the charm thought. While i would have loved to see Eden Prime with the original art style, i really hope they didn't mess with Virmire's beautiful stormy purple sky.

AWizardDidIt

Oct 28, 2017

I'm doubting it, but they really should. Kaidan and mShep had S/S recorded lines for ME1 & 2 before he became a 'canon' s/s romance for 3. They should just enable the route at least to make that romance consistent.

AfropunkNyc

Nov 15, 2017
Hdr ultrawide 1440p hopefully unlocked fps so I can go beyond 60fps. I can't do 60fps gaming anymore.

oneils

Oct 25, 2017
Ottawa Canada
All sounds cool to me.

I only wish that some of these previews were super clear on what they saw vs what they were told. I find that most sites need to do a better job at this.

Last edited:

Barnak

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
The brutalism was part of the charm thought. While i would have loved to see Eden Prime with the original art style, i really hope they didn't mess with Virmire's beautiful stormy purple sky.

That "Video 1" on the official site gives a short look at Virmire. Seems like the clouds are more grey than purple.
www.ea.com

Mass Effect™ Legendary Edition - EA Official Site

Relive the legend of Commander Shepard in the highly acclaimed Mass Effect trilogy with the Mass Effect Legendary Edition.

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
I hope they have added a holster weapon option in ME3. It would look super weird if they didn't.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
These are my most hated games, next to destiny. Abysmally clunky and unfun to play. ME1 is one of the few games where in the middle of playing it I said fuck this, took the disk out and played something else instead.
As I just mentioned in a separate thread, I think it's going to be, uh, interesting to see how players who started the franchise with ME2, or never played it at all, deal with ME1's mechanics.
I love ME1, but I anticipate a lot of "what is this shit"-type reactions from new players. Action RPGs have come a long way since it was released, and players are a lot less forgiving of bad gameplay loops.

I would implore anyone who tries the first mission and thinks "oh god, what am I in for" to try to persevere a bit, just to experience the game's absolutely incredible world building, which I think is probably literally the best mainstream sci-fi setting created in any medium in the last few decades. ME1 also has a physical sense of scale that the later games just lack entirely, and which I badly missed (the Citadel was never more interesting than in ME1). And it's pretty short - you can bomb through the main quests, with a sprinkling of side content, in a couple dozen hours at most.
I mean, they say in the description for this collection that weapon balance, aiming, cover, and the camera have all been improved in ME1, so hopefully that'll make the first few hours a lot better.

In vanilla ME1 it's pretty much not until after you get Liara that you get leveled up enough for the combat to stop being straight-up bad.
Just saw this on twitter:

Haha, maybe if Square would announce literally anything regarding the next FFVII game people would talk about their game again.

Slim Action

Jul 4, 2018
Illusive Man looks way worse in the remaster screenshot there. The oppressive, harsh mood lighting of original ME2 is the entire point.

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
I'm doubting it, but they really should. Kaidan and mShep had S/S recorded lines for ME1 & 2 before he became a 'canon' s/s romance for 3. They should just enable the route at least to make that romance consistent.
100%

Kaidan should be an option for MaleShep in all three games. To leave that unchanged from the original would be pretty insulting.

Status
Not open for further replies.