• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 27, 2017
UyrMHpm.jpg

Now in 4k

v2QZkWS.gif

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
and offers a choice between ""Favorite Quality"" for increased resolution or ""Favor Framerate"" to boost your FPS on consoles.

Liam-Neeson.gif

Why can't they get the games from 2 freaking gens ago running in 4K and 60FPS? This clearly means 30fps for quality and 60 for lower res and graphical improvements right?

Even if they heavenly improved textures and stuff, if a game should get 4K 60 with the highest settings possible, then it's a freaking remaster, no? I mean even Hitman 3 offers 4K60....

Avantgarde

Oct 27, 2017
Underwhelming collector's box... not a fan of these 1:1 scale plastic helmets and all the space they take. Who in the hell actually needs these craps to be wearable-big?
I'll just try and grab a steelbook and be done with it, but i was hoping for something smaller and classier.

Mister_X

Aug 22, 2020
This was one my favorite franchises during the 360 gen so I'm definitely picking this up. Always associated these games with Xbox so will most likely get this on the Series X...unless there is dual sense support.

Gusy

Oct 27, 2017
No word on holstering on ME3? That small simple detail kills for me the exploration feel that the previous two games have... in my opinion. It drives me nuts..

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil

Duebrithil

Oct 25, 2017
Best XP maximisationwas rolling high tier maxed sniper infiltrator with spectre sniper gear equipped with explosive rounds, chewing through thresher maws with the Mako turret, then jumping out to take their slither of remaining health and net huge XP due to avoiding the Mako kill XP nerf.

Good times.

Explosive rounds were alright, but I remember switching to either Tungsten or Shredder rounds depending on enemy type because of the higher damage.

Also that Adrenaline+Pistol Marksman combo.

Annie85x

Mar 12, 2020
I've never played the ME games despite always being tempted to jump in... Will 100% jump in now!

gothmog

Oct 28, 2017
NY
Liam-Neeson.gif

Why can't they get the games from 2 freaking gens ago running in 4K and 60FPS? This clearly means 30fps for quality and 60 for lower res and graphical improvements right?

Even if they heavenly improved textures and stuff, if a game should get 4K 60 with the highest settings possible, then it's a freaking remaster, no? I mean even Hitman 3 offers 4K60....
Because this is the way. Give the performance and graphics camps a clear choice in order to make everyone happy.

canderous

Prophet of Truth
Jun 12, 2020
Liam-Neeson.gif

It can run at 60fps on PS4 Pro and Xbox One X which is probably where those two modes come into play, with the only difference being resolution. All the remastered assets and new post processing will be in regardless of the mode. I'm sure Xbox Series and PS5 run it at 4k60. Or maybe it just uses DRS and gets maxed out that way.

RedSwirl

Oct 25, 2017
I think it's important to remember what the originals looked like at times...
2ehcdW0.png

Img2017030701.png
Those aren't even as high-res as the 360 version's textures, and aren't characteristic of the vanilla game. That's most likely lower-than-low settings on PC, or shots taken mid-load.
I don't know about the 2nd shot but the PC version of ME1 had a bug that caused Garrus' face texture to never fully load. You could actually fix it with a one-line ini tweak.

Cjdamon042

Oct 28, 2017
Edinburgh
How exactly is this a discount?

It displays the discount as a bundle of ME3 and the Legendary Edition, but if you don't own ME3 then the bundle is more expensive than just buying the Legendary Edition on its own. For example, for me the bundle is £66 compared to £55 for just the Legendary Edition, because I don't own ME3 on Steam. It's still taking the 17% discount off though.

I'm not sure how previous discounts have worked for games that have done something similar. I guess it's just a 'flaw' of the system they're using to do this?

Basically I think the bundle isn't something people should really look at if they don't already own ME3. Unless of course you want both of them anyway. In which case it is still a discount.

Rover_

Jun 2, 2020

Deleted member 17184

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Liam-Neeson.gif

There is no PS5/XBS version of the game, so they have to consider you might be running on an OG XB1 or PS4. Additionally, even without ray-tracing (as they're still using UE3 for this because of UE4 incompatibilities), they have real-time reflections by adding a second camera for them. It's rendering the scene more than once. That's taxing.

Anddo

Oct 28, 2017
1) if someone wants both games
2) if you already have ME3
It displays the discount as a bundle of ME3 and the Legendary Edition, but if you don't own ME3 then the bundle is more expensive than just buying the Legendary Edition on its own. For example, for me the bundle is £66 compared to £55 for just the Legendary Edition, because I don't own ME3 on Steam. It's still taking the 17% discount off though.

I'm not sure how previous discounts have worked for games that have done something similar. I guess it's just a 'flaw' of the system they're using to do this?

Basically I think the bundle isn't something people should really look at if they don't already own ME3. Unless of course you want both of them anyway. In which case it is still a discount.

Thanks.

I own ME 1 and 2 on Steam. The price shows up as $74.68 for me.

I also own the trilogy on Origin. I'm hoping Origin has some kind of discount.

supercommodore

Prophet of Truth
Apr 13, 2020
UK
Not sure if posted but a heads up that there is 10% off digital pre-order for those with EA Play or GPU (just noticed on Xbox, is £53.99).

Coi

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
YESSS!!!!!!
I'll preorder for PS5 and then double dip on PC, can wait!!!!!!!!!!!

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
I don't love some of these lighting changes and I'm not too happy about the lack of PS5 and Series X|S enhancements but everything else is sounding great.

Barnak

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I hope the pretty skyboxes of ME1 will remain untouched. They're perfect as they are. Don't touch my giant suns/moons Bioware!

gear.bioware.com

Mass Effect Legendary Trilogy Lithograph - Open Edition

A little less bling but the same amazing art in an OPEN EDITION. We are proud to present the open edition of the Mass Effect Legendary Edition Lithograph. Liven up your place with this interstellar epic, told in 3 parts. 36 in x 24 in. a unified image that represents Commander Shepard’s complete...

I was looking for something to put on my empty white wall. Looks like I found it!

shinobi602

Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Not exactly what I wanted, was expecting a remake. Still, we know it's EA they would never put the money into something like REmake 2 level.

The changes are pretty good. I may dip in later, its been a while since I played Mass Effect. Does this include the (definitive version) of multiplayer too?
Remaking Resident Evil 2 took years and was genuinely a AAA release done from scratch. Doing that across 3 big RPGs+DLCs that are much bigger in scope would be a massive undertaking that'd take 5-10 years to complete...

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
The character creator in the OG games is one of the worst of its kind.

Female chars could maybe look half okay with efforts.

Males were a disgrace.

Textures and hair isnt gonna fix the monkey faces and hideous skulls they gave all the templates.

So default femshep and maleshep it is again I guess.

I would have like for them to let us change the hair of maleshep at least.

Also I cant say I'm very impressed with all the color alterations in some of the shots.

The video on virmir looked good tho !

FisherTea

May 24, 2020
Anyone have a link to the preorder on Amazon UK? Struggling to find any retailers in the UK who have it available yet

Mister_X

Aug 22, 2020
What does a Dual Sense actually do? Like I hear a lot about Dual Sense support but what does it feel like?

The only thing that had a worse ending than ME3...

It depends on the game. Like for Astro's playroom the controller reacts to the environments you are in or what you are walking on(like sand). Like in the sandstorm type environment the haptic feedback and sound makes it feel like you are trying to walk through one. Also the triggers add resistance for certain things.

It's too early to tell if this will just end up being a giant gimmick that is barely used but I really like the controller so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.