• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Duebrithil

Oct 25, 2017
Missing out on ME1's collector edition is a mistake I won't repeat again. I guess I'm buying a 150USD plastic helmet.

PBalfredo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Doing all this work only to leave MP in the dirt? What the hell?

Everything else looks good but I can't help but be bummed about that 😞

The Shape

Nov 7, 2017
Brazil
mele-comparison-slider-me2-original.jpg

mele-comparison-slider-me2-updated.jpg

mele-comparison-slider-me4-og.jpg

mele-comparison-slider-me4-le.jpg

Directed by JJ Abrams.

Spedfrom

Oct 27, 2017
Even though I got all 3 games for the PS3, I'm tempted to replay them again. Especially seeing all the improvements the first game has received and all the integrated DLC. Will wait for reviews though, I need to know whether the gameplay improvements to ME1 make it play as well as ME3. If yes, then I'm probably in.

Mass Effect

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
So they ARE making some tweaks to the original Mass Effect? That's great to hear!

and lol at complaining about lens flare in a Mass Effect game

OzPrime

Oct 29, 2017
While I still want to see the ME1 inventory and whatever improvements they've made, this surpasses my expectations. Or, more correctly, they pretty much checked off every box in my wish list, which was more then I was expecting. I would like this injected into my veins please.

SeanMN

Oct 28, 2017
Really excited to hear about the ability to use any/all weapons for any character class in ME and ME2 - this will make those games on higher difficulties much more enjoyable.

Phellps

Oct 25, 2017
I paid R$140,00 to pre-order it... now it seems Capcom games are particularly cheap in Brazil for some reason.
Oh, you're talking about Steam. Got it!

Capcom is smart and practices regional pricing, which drives sales. R$300 is somewhat regional, since $60 is currently more than R$300, but it's definitely not the best regional pricing out there. EA is going to EA, I guess.

I'm used to seeing these prices in the console realm, so that wasn't much of a shock lol

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil
Oh, you're talking about Steam. Got it!

Capcom is smart and practices regional pricing, which drives sales. R$300 is somewhat regional, since $60 is currently more than R$300, but it's definitely not the best regional pricing out there. EA is going to EA, I guess.

I'm used to seeing these prices in the console realm, so that wasn't much of a shock lol

Oh yeah... I think that's the reason I have no bought a physical game in ages!

Jul 20, 2020
I know people are hype, but this honestly is a bit disappointing for me. Was expecting a more of an upgrade visually.

Deleted member 11976

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Leave the Mako and absolutely broken weapon crafting in ME1 as-is, in terms of mechanics, please. I can't wait to remake my ME1 late game OHK sniper/shotgun hybrid that does like 1200% crit damage with a incredibly long overheat cool down 😂😂😂 (I'm probably misremembering things but my build essentially steamrolled all of the ending combat encounters. It ruled.)

Deleted member 24021

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
1) haven't seen a lot of people disputing the existence of lens flare in the ME games

2) people are responding to specific changes that BioWare themselves decided to highlight

3) even in that pic, the overall image looks wayyy less washed out than most of the LE examples, less stereotypically lens flare-y

I think it should be possible for there to be disagreement on the new look without being all "see, nothing really changed, the series has always had this!" which is both wrong and a response to something no one actually said

1. People were acting shocked about the lens flares like the series never had it.

2. I'm specifically talking about the lens flares, not the other changes.

3. I'm specifically talking about the lens flares, not the other changes.

raketenrolf

Oct 28, 2017
Germany
yeah disappointed by only being a bc enhanced title on PS5/XSX. Lame as fuck, but time was probably a factor.

Will wait and see if there will be a next gen version eventually. Played the originals to death.

Plasma

Oct 25, 2017
Really liking the lighting changes to Mass Effect 1 but I want to see how the gameplay changes look.

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
Really hope the ME3 model for official femshep is backported to ME1 and 2.

They did it! That makes me happy the changes to combat were also along the lines of what I thought they would do. Making it like 2/3 would require a change in encounter/level design.

Deleted member 3190

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm very excited for this. I always had small issues with some the PC mods. That combined with the rumors of this being worked on kept me from spending any real time with it.

Ushay

Oct 27, 2017
Not exactly what I wanted, was expecting a remake. Still, we know it's EA they would never put the money into something like REmake 2 level.

The changes are pretty good. I may dip in later, its been a while since I played Mass Effect. Does this include the (definitive version) of multiplayer too?

Last edited:

Dave_6

Oct 25, 2017
Leave the Mako and absolutely broken weapon crafting in ME1 as-is, in terms of mechanics, please. I can't wait to remake my ME1 late game OHK sniper/shotgun hybrid that does like 1200% crit damage with a incredibly long overheat cool down 😂😂😂 (I'm probably misremembering things but my build essentially steamrolled all of the ending combat encounters. It ruled.)

Been so long since I last played ME2 but I had a sniper build in it that was nasty. Think I had to play as a Sentinel and there was a sniper rifle lying in one of the levels that only that class could pick up. I don't remember the specs but it did some major damage.

EatChildren

Wonder from Down Under
Oct 27, 2017

Best XP maximisationwas rolling high tier maxed sniper infiltrator with spectre sniper gear equipped with explosive rounds, chewing through thresher maws with the Mako turret, then jumping out to take their slither of remaining health and net huge XP due to avoiding the Mako kill XP nerf.

Good times.

Rzarekta

Banned
Nov 27, 2017
Thread title got me excited to purchase a PS5 version, but that will not actually be coming out. Very misleading. Will still buy and play on PS5, but this is not officially releasing on PS5 or Series X.

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil
Best XP maximisationwas rolling high tier maxed sniper infiltrator with spectre sniper gear equipped with explosive rounds, chewing through thresher maws with the Mako turret, then jumping out to take their slither of remaining health and net huge XP due to avoiding the Mako kill XP nerf.

Good times.

There were runs that I literally did not kill anything inside the Mako, I got out to kill every single enemy.

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
You can disagree but why a 'sad' perspective?

I really hate what 2 did to the franchise, and 3 didn't course correct enough.

ME1 is a great standalone story, so I happily play it every year without having to suffer through the sequels :)

It's not like I haven't played either, I gave them both a shot.
I don't know, I guess that's fair enough. I just think it's churlish to discount 2/3 of a trilogy because you don't agree with its existence.
I think it's important to remember what the originals looked like at times...
2ehcdW0.png

Img2017030701.png
Word. ME1 looked like a damn claymation on 360 in certain areas.

BrandoBoySP

Oct 27, 2017
I'm curious about what other quality of life changes and tweaks they've made. I can't imagine they'll do any major content changes like re-implementing Kaidan or Jack's romances, not with it being primarily a remaster, but I wonder what else they've done.

Status
Not open for further replies.