• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Normal or sweet?

• Normal, I'm not extra like you.

Votes: 462 91.1%
  • Sweet, I am on the right side of history.

Votes: 45 8.9%

• Total voters

Rhav

Jun 1, 2019
Broke - mashed potatoes and mashed sweet potatoes
Woke - Swedish potatoes and oven roasted sweet potatoes

"What are Swedish potatoes?" you ask? Boil up some regular potatoes, and instead of the usual butter, milk, whatever you use for your mash, drop in a block of cream cheese, sour cream, and butter. Thank me later :]

There's nothing Swedish about that, what's wrong with you?

Sweet potatoes hardly qualifies as a potato and it being healthier is a myth. So it doesn't have much going for it considering the taste.

Vaser

Oct 31, 2017
Sweet potatoes are fucking disgusting. They're not even that much healthier than regular potatoes. Sure, they have a lot of beta carotene, but I'd rather get that from carrots that actually taste good.

oreomunsta

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
There's nothing Swedish about that, what's wrong with you?

Sweet potatoes hardly qualifies as a potato and it being healthier is a myth. So it doesn't have much going for it considering the taste.

There's nothing Swedish about Swedish fish but that's still what they are called

Checkmate >:]

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Sweet potatoes are amazing but it's really hard to get mashed sweet potatoes right for some reason, I like my mashed potatoes thick and sweet doesn't really line up for that.

mozbar

Feb 20, 2018
Sweet potatoes are only good roasted with the skin on. The skin is the only thing that provides any depth to their flavor. Otherwise, they just taste like slightly better carrots.

If you want sweet potatoes that have actual flavor, try Japanese sweet potatoes.

Japanese-Sweet-Potatoes-01032019.jpg

Gonna have to disagree with you there. Didn't find them anywhere close to sweet.

Not as sweet as ones back home anyway.

farmland

Oct 30, 2017
The problem with saying something is healthier than something else when it comes to vegetables is that they're all pretty heathy and without looking at your whole diet that statement is a bit reductive. If I have a diet that's already high in the nutrients that sweet potato's have than me eating a normal potato would be healthier.

Just eat a variety of vegetables and don't worry too much. Focus more on eating a lot of vegetables in general lol.

sgtnosboss

Nov 9, 2017
I put normal, but wish I could do both. I honestly hated sweet potatoes most of my life, but within the last year started to like them. Had them mashed recently too and they really really good the way I made them. Lots of things added in but I think it made it more savory to have soy sauce in it. Sounds weird, but they were really good. Along with other stuff like nutritional yeast, a bit of milk, load of butter, garlic, green onion, salt, pepper, etc.

Elandyll

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Sweet potatoes are disgusting, except sometimes as well seasonned and salted crunchy fries.
Sometimes.

Otoh this
Sweet-Potato-Casserole-224.jpg

is always disgusting.

Brokofiev

Jun 20, 2019
Sweet potatoes are disgusting, except sometimes as well seasonned and salted crunchy fries.
Sometimes.

Otoh this
Sweet-Potato-Casserole-224.jpg

is always disgusting.
Screw you, bud, sweet potato marshmallow casserole is heavenly.

Also mashed sweet potatoes are fantastic. Sweet potatoes are literally better than regular potatoes in every way.

P-MAC

Nov 15, 2017
Sweet potatoes are the best veg. Bunch of weirdos in here, didn't know it was so common to dislike it

Massicot

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
United States
I like both and would gladly help myself to a portion of each. If I had to pick one, gun to my head, it would be regular potatoes with lots of beef gravy.

RM8

Oct 28, 2017
JP
Sweet potatoes are awesome, but they should stay away from mashed potatoes or fries.

You know, it's funny because we call sweet potatoes "camote" in Spanish (in Mexico?), so I never thought of it as a potato.