• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Mik317

Oct 25, 2017
I enjoyed the first volume that just released in the us.

But yeah shit is cluttered and has too much lore so it bombing out is not a surprise.

I have always thought Kishi took the wrong message from Narutos success tho. It was at it best when Naruto was kinda shit and had to make due with that.... but then by midway he was ninja Jesus and everyone had giant ninja stands. The series was at its best when it was low key imo and while I enjoyed the first volume of this, it suffers from similar issues without the good will of knowing these characters at all. Hachimaru goes from broken scared brat to generic shonen lead like that.....

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
I don't get Twitter comments saying how this series blows their mind. Every new chapter is "OMG BEST CHAPTER YET!!!" I'm sorry, I just don't. I would say bots but... why?

I'm guessing that if WSJ doesn't go on a temp hiatus, in the next week or so we will see a "2 chapters left!!" announcement.

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
I don't get Twitter comments saying how this series blows their mind. Every new chapter is "OMG BEST CHAPTER YET!!!" I'm sorry, I just don't. I would say bots but... why?

I'm guessing that if WSJ doesn't go on a temp hiatus, in the next week or so we will see a "2 chapters left!!" announcement.
Big Kishimoto/Naruto fans and those who want it to be a hit so they can prove the "haters" wrong.

As for a break, we know Kishimoto is taking a vacation/break soon (mentioned it in an author comment), but we'll see whether it's just a one/two-week break or the series actually ending.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
Big Kishimoto/Naruto fans and those who want it to be a hit so they can prove the "haters" wrong.

As for a break, we know Kishimoto is taking a vacation/break soon (mentioned it in an author comment), but we'll see whether it's just a one/two-week break or the series actually ending.

I kind of figured it might be some hardcore fans. Doesn't matter if westerners are all into it anyways, it had its chance.

That "break" may just be after it ends. Guess we will see shortly.

May 9, 2019

Or people actually enjoy it...

Modest_Modsoul

Living the Dreams
Oct 29, 2017
I read the latest translated chapter (43?) and the art is...

OK?

At least it's not a 'mess' like early chapters...

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto, ON
It's not as bad as some folks say, but it's definitely cluttered both in terms of art and story, and very generic. I like the character designs, though, and in theory I'd like to see more sci-fi stories in Jump.

OP
OP
Dale Copper

Dale Copper

Apr 12, 2018

1. Twitter user being...well Twitter users.

2. Hardcore Kishi fans.

3. People just enjoy it.

flaxknuckles

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder what Kishimoto is going to do after Samurai 8 gets cancelled?
Try making something else?
Aside from Boruto, Go back to expanding Naruto lore/universe somehow?
Rage quit on the manga industry completely?
He should make a Naruto prequel with a Mist ninja protagonist and this time keep the focus on tactics and not Gundam Ball Z shenanigans.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
With a couple of the new series in Jump seemingly having made the cut (Undead Unluck is definitely safe, Mashle and Agravity Boys seem like they're hanging in there) it's no wonder why Samurai 8 is finally getting cut loose right now.

May 9, 2019

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The latest chapter was pretty dope, even if it made literally no sense and confused the shit out of me several times.

🤔

Deleted member 4783

Oct 25, 2017
With a couple of the new series in Jump seemingly having made the cut (Undead Unluck is definitely safe, Mashle and Agravity Boys seem like they're hanging in there) it's no wonder why Samurai 8 is finally getting cut loose right now.
How the FUCK did Undead Unluck made the cut???? Fucking hell.

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
This behavior isn't exclusive to Samurai 8 fans so I don't get why this had to be pointed out.
Not to this degree, it seems like.

The argument is that it would have far fewer die hard followers if Kishimoto's name weren't on it. That's all many are saying.
How the FUCK did Undead Unluck made the cut???? Fucking hell.
The skeevy moments aside (which are lessening in frequency), it's a pretty good series, and the author is one of the few newbies recently who actually seems like he has a plan and knows what he's doing.

Alanood

Oct 27, 2017
78c5592dd25db4a782c231281906f081b3bdee30.png

Why do I find this funny...

Semajer

Oct 27, 2017
I wonder what Kishimoto is going to do after Samurai 8 gets cancelled?
Try making something else?
Aside from Boruto, Go back to expanding Naruto lore/universe somehow?
Rage quit on the manga industry completely?

Didn't he have a mafia manga/one shot that people were speculating would be his next work before S8 was announced?

PRrambo_

PlayStation.jif
Oct 25, 2017
Kishi has always been shit, his editors salvaged Naruto but even that got awful after the Pein arc IMO

Last edited:

so1337

Oct 28, 2017
Samurai 8 had been a charity case for months now, were it not written by Kishimoto it would have been canceled around chapter 20 like most bombs are.
I mean, yeah, but the man gave them one of their worldwide bestsellers and they still pull the plug this unceremoniously. It's pretty crazy to me.

I suppose it's only fair to lesser known authors for that slot to open up though.
sometimes you beg for the ref to call it
Yeah, maybe you're right.

Raxus

Oct 26, 2017
I mean, yeah, but the man gave them one of their worldwide bestsellers and they still pull the plug this unceremoniously. It's pretty crazy to me.

I suppose it's only fair to lesser known authors for that slot to open up though.

Yeah, maybe you're right.
I mean. The volume sales were DREADFUL and SJ is at a point where they have several smash hits and some promising up starts. Clearly name recognition only gets you so far and fresh faces seem to be putting in work.

so1337

Oct 28, 2017
I mean a hack like Kubo is getting to write stuff again so idk.
I bet this cancellation has Kubo shook. Oh, you made Naruto? FUCK YOU. CANCELLED.
I mean. The volume sales were DREADFUL and SJ is at a point where they have several smash hits and some promising up starts. Clearly name recognition only gets you so far and fresh faces seem to be putting in work.
That's fair.