• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

SoulsHunt

Banned
Dec 3, 2019

Laxoon

One Winged Slayer
Jan 24, 2018
'hope the title won't be cancelled' is definitely referencing Silent Hills.

Looking forward to whatever it is! The odds it's actually Silent Hill related has gotta be low to none tho I'd guess.

Oct 27, 2017
In a better world he'd be working on a high budget Silent Hill sequel.

In the world as is it'll be some underfunded new game that ends up being quietly cancelled.

Sargerus

â–˛ Legend â–˛
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Isn't Kojima's next game supposedly going to be a horror game?

Kalmakov

user requested ban
Banned
Sep 10, 2019
Ngl "I hope this one doesn't get canceled" was pretty funny to me

TheJollyCorner

The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
Sony Japan Studio Kojima/Toyama/Ito collab horror/adventure game for PS5? Oh god PLEASE.

(hire Yamaoka, too!)

Asbsand

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Denmark
Damn, if they did Kojima Horror vs Team Ito horror where it's two different products that head-to-head would be super interesting.

It would probably be high-caliber AAA production with Kojima fart jokes vs a scrappier but more underlying spook of Silent Hill.

Yuntu

Prophet of Regret
Nov 7, 2019
Germany
Me too. Like, I would be glad for both options, but Hiroyuki Ito finally getting out of his janitorial duties would make me so incredibly happy. Like, I'm not even that big of a fan of the games he directed, but SE really did him dirty ...

Did they? I doubt that. Otherwise I see no reason why he is even still at the company.

I think he either has no interest in directing anymore or they simply had to focus on other projects first.

On topic: Sounds exciting to me. I join his hope in it not getting cancelled.

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone thinking the cancelled comment means this has to be about Silent Hill, Ito has worked on several cancelled games. Silent Hill games are included (not Silent Hills as he's confirmed he's never did anything or was ever contacted about Silent Hills before, but he's posted concept art he did of SH games that never got into full production before), but I know his favorite work he ever did was on this one Russian space-horror game that was not a Silent Hill nor a Konami game, and that one getting canceled really bummed him out.

I think he's done work on more cancelled games than released games at this point, thus his comment, rather than it being a Silent Hill tease. I'm not saying he couldn't be working on the Silent Hill game currently in the works, just his comment I don't think was meant to mean that or even tease that. I think he just means what he said, he hopes the project he's currently attached to doesn't get cancelled again.

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
Where is the Toyama connection coming from?
People's dreams, and Ito and Toyama both got their first big start-ups on Silent Hill 1, so they do have a connection in that they both worked together on Silent Hill 1, which was the real jumping platform for both of their careers.

Toyama has said in recent years after Gravity Rush 2 that he's been thinking about doing another horror game though, be it Siren or something else. We do know he's working on something currently at least. But even if Toyama was working on a horror game (which is theoretical), Ito's comment doesn't specifically mean he's working on a horror game.

Escaflow

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Nah guys, it gotta to be FromSoft KuOn or any actual Souls horror game

Efejota

Mar 13, 2018
Wasn't this guy the lead monster designer for NightCry as well? This could easily be for a small/indie project like that one, specially because of the cancellation comment.

NightCry_2.jpg

Sesha

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
Reminder that he worked on Metal Gear Survive, so there's no guarantee that it's Silent Hill or even a horror game.

Zacmortar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
please dont be a shit show like Nightcry

'hope the title won't be cancelled' is definitely referencing Silent Hills.

Looking forward to whatever it is! The odds it's actually Silent Hill related has gotta be low to none tho I'd guess.
Eh, I dont know. Konami has seemed to be taking less of an interest in destroying everything you hold dear recently.

Silent Hills specifically? No, lol, but a new Silent Hill was always inevitable.

Shakerovic

Apr 26, 2019
Best case scenario Sony licensed Silent Hill from Konami and Ito is working on it with Kojima, 1% chance here but one can only hope