• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Smokeymicpot

Oct 25, 2017
A Maryville man accused of dipping his privates in salsa being delivered to a low-tipping restaurant customer faces a felony charge.
Howard Matthew "Matt" Webb, 31, Tuckaleechee Pike, is being held in the Blount County Jail in lieu of $45,000 bond pending a 9 a.m. hearing today in Blount County General Sessions Court.
Maryville Police officers arrested Webb on Friday night after being contacted by the Dinner Delivered service about a video that seemed to show someone tampering with food intended for a diner they perceived in the past to be a low tipper.

Webb is charged with "adulteration of food, liquids, or pharmaceuticals," a Class C felony. If convicted, he faces a possible sentence of three to 15 years in prison and a fine of up to $10,000.

The 14-second video, apparently shot from the driver's seat of a vehicle and since removed from the internet, shows a man in the passenger seat take a white cup and hold it to his groin area while moving his pants.
In the background a voice that sounds like a woman is laughing and saying, "This is what you get when you give an 89-cents tip for an almost 30-minute drive."
The man says, "Ah, this feels good on my ... ."

https://www.thedailytimes.com/news/...cle_9329fa46-3dd9-5923-aaf3-4e96158e2e10.html

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
xipFU6y.gif

Baka Sempai

Oct 30, 2017
User banned (2 weeks): inappropriate joke + antagonizing other posters in follow-up post
15 years in jail is life destroying. Do you really want to destroy someone's life over this?
i'm not the one who's going to put him there, his actions and irresponsibility did it.

He wanted a tip, where he's going he's definitely gonna be getting more than just the tip LOL

Parch

Nov 6, 2017
Asshole. Of course there's always some lame excuse to justify being an asshole.

Cocaloch

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Where the Fenians Sleep

Seneset

Oct 27, 2017
Limbus Patrum
Is that a reason to advocate for the maximum possible sentence in a case like this?

I admit I'm not 100% up to date on which dieases could possibly be transferred from something like this, but yes I'd have no problem with the maximum if I knew he'd be eligible for parole in say three. Three is the minimum sentence the article says he faces anyway.

Deleted member 11413

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Cocaloch

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Where the Fenians Sleep
1.I doubt he gets all 15 years, dependent upon prior convictions, etc.

I was taking issue with that poster saying
Seriously, I hope they make an example of him and give him the full 15 years.

2.Imagine if he had a communicable disease and gave someone else an illness.

Imagine if the situation was different? Yes it'd be different if it was different.

DJ_Lae

Oct 27, 2017
Edmonton
I love the company's generous fix for the customer. Sorry you had a twig and berries dunked in your salsa, you can have your money back.

Based on the 89-cent tip comment in the video, Dinner Delivered tracked down the order, which occurred Jan. 12, to a customer Wilson said the driver knew. The company issued a refund for the order.

Plus they did absolutely nothing until the video was posted online.

39-17-107. Adulteration of food, liquids, or pharmaceuticals.
(a) It is an offense for a person to adulterate any food product or liquid that is manufactured, marketed, grown, or produced for human consumption or any pharmaceutical product that is designed, marketed, or prescribed for the diagnosis or treatment of a disease or medical condition by placing in, mixing with, or adding to the product or liquid, any object, liquid, powder or other substance with the intent to cause bodily injury, serious bodily injury or death to a user of the product or liquid.

Cocaloch

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Where the Fenians Sleep
You guys are so thirsty to call for maximum punitive response it's crazy, and it's another example of how it's absolutely laughable that people act like this is some far left Mecca.

Mammoth Jones

Oct 25, 2017
New York
15 years in jail is life destroying. Do you really want to destroy someone's life over this?

Yes. Fuck anyone forever that contaminates food that other people eat with their fluids/sexual organs.

You guys are so thirsty to call for maximum punitive response it's crazy, and it's another example of how it's absolutely laughable that people act like this is some far left Mecca.

Or dude could just keep his crotch out of people's food they eat? It's kinda simple. Yes, I take food tampering seriously. It's gross. There are lots of laws that should be reformed. This ain't one of em.

If everyone involved in the system to distribute food contaminated the product every time they got mad or had a bad day our entire food distribution system would be compromised. The consequence for that needs to be severe to discourage others not to follow that behavior.

I await the "Eating someone's funky nut cheese/urine/semen isn't that bad and prolly contributes healthy bacterial flora" nonsense...

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Ignore the other poster. Trolls will be trolls. He's not getting 15 years.

Imagine if the situation was different? Yes it'd be different if it was different.

I'm trying to communicate that part of the idea behind max sentences is convicting the worst case scenarios. If he got multiple people sick and received a slap on the wrist it would be equally ridiculous, no?

Cocaloch

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Where the Fenians Sleep
I'm trying to communicate that part of the idea behind max sentences is convicting the worst case scenarios. If he got multiple people sick and received a slap on the wrist it would be equally ridiculous, no?

If he infected people I'd assume that'd be affect the case. I'm not a lawyer, but I have a feeling you aren't either so what's your point?

I'm speaking solely as to normative ideas about what a suitable response to this case in particular is.

Ignore the other poster. Trolls will be trolls. He's not getting 15 years.

He's not alone in this thread, and that sentiment is hardly rare on this site. It consistently advocates for the most punitive approach to justice.

Oct 27, 2017
If he infected people I'd assume that'd be affect the case. I'm not a lawyer, but I have a feeling you aren't either so what's your point?

I'm speaking solely as to normative ideas about what a suitable response to this case in particular is.
I'm saying that there is a reason that the max is 15 years, not that this particular case deserves 15 years.

I'm not advocating he gets 15 years, in fact quite the opposite.I'm not the other poster. Relax.

Cocaloch

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Where the Fenians Sleep
I'm saying that there is a reason that the max is 15 years, not that this particular case deserves 15 years.

I'm not advocating he gets 15 years, in fact quite the opposite.I'm not the other poster. Relax.

So then why are you taking issue with anything I've said exactly?

And please, I'm perfectly relaxed. Me calling stuff out doesn't mean I'm throwing a fit. I've done this song and dance on ERA and GAF for years now.

Parch

Nov 6, 2017
I wonder how often food is tampered with. I bet a lot of people get angry about tips, or just have the typical "hate the rich" attitude.

Sunster

The Fallen
Oct 5, 2018
What a child. I work at a Domino's that is near a live in trade school for high school aged teens and they order A LOT and as well as NEVER tip they also frequently commit credit card fraud so we need to do an extra step of calling them before we arrive to get them to verify the card. We complain about it all the time lol but no one has ever mentioned or thought of doing anything to their food.

I wonder how often food is tampered with. I bet a lot of people get angry about tips, or just have the typical "hate the rich" attitude.

Generally we don't get angry because it's a lot more common than you'd think for us to not be tipped at all. I've never once heard anyone even joke about tampering with food in all my time here. We love the rich while working lmao. Delivering to a wealthy area is the best part of my shift because my tip will regularly be $6+

Last edited: