• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 3812

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
WaPo has reported on a Maryland Democratic lawmaker who used the n-word to describe a Maryland district, she told WaPo that she could not recall using the n-word however she also stated that she was "sure everyone has used" the n-word: https://www.washingtonpost.com/loca...ory.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.0d8ceb7254f5

A white lawmaker from Harford County apologized to the leaders of the Legislative Black Caucus of Maryland for using a racial slur to describe a legislative district in Prince George's County — but also told her black colleagues that she did not recall saying it, according to two lawmakers who attended the meeting.

Caucus members confronted Del. Mary Ann Lisanti (D) on Monday night over allegations that she told a white colleague, during an after-hours gathering at an Annapolis cigar bar, that when he campaigned in Prince George's on behalf of a candidate last fall he was door-knocking in a "n----- district."

Del. Darryl Barnes (D-Prince George's), who chairs the Black Caucus, said Lisanti appeared contrite during the meeting.

"She apologized several times," Barnes said. "She recognizes how she has hurt so many within the caucus, and she hoped to repent from this. She said that she doesn't remember fully what happened, but she recognizes what happened."

Her apologies came after each of the seven members of the caucus's executive committee told her how they felt upon learning that their colleague allegedly used the racial slur.

Lisanti, a second-term lawmaker, is a member of the House Economic Matters Committee, which hears legislation that deals with alcohol, banking and insurance. She chairs the unemployment insurance subcommittee. Before being elected to the General Assembly, she served two terms on the Harford County Council and worked as city manager in Havre de Grace.

The allegation against her comes during the 90-day legislative session in Annapolis, and on the heels of a legislative session in Richmond scarred by revelations that Virginia Gov. Ralph S. Northam (D) and Attorney General Mark R. Herring (D) used blackface decades ago.

Questioned by The Washington Post earlier this month about her alleged use of the racial slur, Lisanti said: "I don't recall that. . . . I don't recall much of that evening."

When asked whether she has ever used the slur, she said: "I'm sure I have. . . . I'm sure everyone has used it. I've used the f-word. I used the Lord's name in vain."

Richietto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
North Carolina
What a racist piece of shit. "I don't remember that, but everyone has said it" is some grade A bullshit and an attempt to make her less guilty.

Jun 10, 2018
The only thing worse than a faux apology from a racist white person is the fact certain black people continue to be way too forgiving for this bullshit and accept their crocodile tears.

She can and should go fuck herself.

Gamonbozia

Feb 25, 2019
Honestly makes me feel ashamed of my own race. Rich, privileged white people have an excuse for everything, but as soon as a person of color stands where they're not supposed to, those same white people will call them criminals, thugs, and harrass them. This type of shit is a direct result of white privilege and white people not being called out for blatant racism. Its really sad tbh

Status
Not open for further replies.