• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

chaosaeon

Oct 26, 2017
The last scene that went from the funeral to the diner went by so fast though, I wished they'd slowed it down. So much was happening and not much time was spent on each and by the time Pete and MJ kissed it was almost like the credits started early. Even a fade out or something would've helped, the transition was just very abrupt.

chaosaeon

Oct 26, 2017
Hey, what happened to Fisk and Shocker when "everyone" escaped ... they just stayed in their cells without incident and not a word was uttered ?

refusi0n1

Oct 27, 2017
Did I miss something, I thought doc Ock knew Peter was Spiderman and even made him a new suit at the start of the game?

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
Hey, what happened to Fisk and Shocker when "everyone" escaped ... they just stayed in their cells without incident and not a word was uttered ?

Probably, yeah.

Fisk wouldn't want to be a wanted criminal. He probably already had the best cell, the run of the place, and his lawyers already halfway to getting him out.

Shocker's a mook. He probably holed up knowing everybody would eventually just get caught by Spider-Man anyway, and by sticking put he might get time off for good behaviour. Plus he's usually depicted as not really being into conflict.

shiftplusone

Oct 25, 2017
Did I miss something, I thought doc Ock knew Peter was Spiderman and even made him a new suit at the start of the game?

He says something like "I knew it! You're helping him with his gadgets" or something along those lines

Just beat the game and got the Platinum myself, incredibly emotional ending that nailed every beat needed. I was kinda done with playing the game by that point, but wanted to get through the story bits because they were so freaking good

Absolutely loved the game.

Gonna wait on reviews for the dlc but curious how involved it'll all be. A good black cat story should be a lot of fun

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Finished the game today. Ending made sense, but it was still sad lol. No matter how much Peter wins, he still loses. That's the Parker luck.

Caspel

Oct 27, 2017
SoCal
Finished the main story last night -- thoroughly enjoyed it.

Sequel wishes:
1. Give me the Maggia family moving in on Kingpin's territory (Hammerhead family, Silvermane family with hired guns/criminals such as Chameleon, Mysterio, Boomerang, and a returning Tombstone). They could also tie them to hiring Taskmaster.
2. Have J Jonah Jameson pay the Smythes to create the Spider-Slayers (although they could remove Jameson's involvement, if needed)
3. For Miles' story expansion, bring his uncle in for The Prowler testing Miles' skills similar to Taskmaster with Spidey. The Prowler is actually hired by Roxxon
3a. Roxxon creates Spot, whom is out to test Miles' power set for Roxxon's research (tease the Jackal working for Roxxon).
4. Harry and the Venom symbiote bond. (endgame)
5. Green Goblin with Norman. (endgame)
6. Kraven hunts both Spider-men throughout the story.
7. Two parallel stories
7a. Miles takes on the Hammerhead (Chameleon and Mysterio) family. Encounters Spider-Slayers, The Prowler, and Kraven.
7b. Peter takes on the Silvermane (Tombstone and Boomerang) family. Encounters Spider-Slayers, Venom, Kraven, and Green Goblin.
-----------
8. Second game teases Carnage, Kingpin getting out of jail, and the Hood rising up the crime family to start his own crime syndicate, which Kingpin will fight against for control of.
8a. Teases Roxxon becoming a larger player in the third game. Jackal works at Roxxon and is trying to create their own Spider-Man (Kaine, Ben Reilly, Gwen, Doppleganger, Silk).

Regardless, I am excited for the DLC and see how they follow-up this game. I would love to see Sony/Marvel go down the road of say Uncharted with 4 sequels and 1 spin-off. Lots of room for this game to be a franchise for Sony and Marvel moving forward.

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Kraven hunts both Spider-men throughout the story.

I'd be down for 3-4 random fights in the story with Spider-Man vs Kraven, or his family members with the first final boss being Kraven. It being random as your exploring would be really cool if done well (and not excessively).

RROCKMAN

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Beat it. Very surprised at how many boneheaded decisions litter the story.

From Miles dad being killed and Peter not offering yo bond over his similar losses,

Mary Jane throwing herself into dangerous situations with barely any prior notice and getting mad at Pete for panicking,

Miles throwing himself into stupid situations even AFTER GETTING SPIDER-MANS NUMBER

Mary Jane being the Spider power delivery girl for Miles,

Neither Mary Jane nor Pete got bit by that same spider Despite all the rumble tumble that was happening.

Skipping past Aunt May's funeral to get that MJ and Pete Make up kiss

It was terrible and I cant see why people like it so much. The only thing I like about the story was The final confrontation between Ock and Pete.

Also nice job making the lame MJ missions not Suck at the last minute, someone like her should be carrying a taser at all times since she likes sneaking around Supervillain's haunts so much.

dbcyber

Oct 25, 2017
UK
My 9th platinum trophy. One of the best super hero games. Joins my other favourite comic/super hero platinums; Arkham City and Second Son.

2shd

Oct 25, 2017
Just finished this, and really enjoyed it despite getting a bit bored with the actual gameplay. Just happy to see such a well-developed Spider-Man game.

I really, really, hope we see Goblin in the second game and not them totally saving him for the third one. I can't wait that long.

I tend to agree with others that Venom as the sub-villian and Goblin as the main one makes sense given the setup. I'd be down for that.

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
Burning Question: Tech Goblin, or Serum Goblin?

Bonus Question: Fabric Cap, Cap Integrated into Helmet Design, or No Cap?
Sure hope we get serum Goblin. Never liked the idea of a tech Goblin. Not sure what I'd want for their costume, though... I prefer the classic and not anything armored, but I doubt Insomniac would go for it.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well I beat the game.

Much as I think Aunt May is an albatross around the neck it was still pretty devastating watching Peter sit with her as she died. Wish it was foreshadowed more and dealt with in-story rather than one scene of her coughing up blood and then she's on her death bed like five hours later.

The writing... has its ups and down. Peter is absolutely on point and the game does him justice far better than Homecoming did, but the writing of the villains is laughable at best. The Sinister Six just kind of show up for uninteresting boss battles and then piss off, and Otto's turn from desperate scientist to cackling lunatic was horrible. The game hits you upside the head with a brick that he's crazed and then still gives him an out by revealing the tentacles made him do it or something, and then he doesn't run up and down the halls of the raft screaming "Peter Parker is Spider-Man!" because... the honour code, I guess?

Oh and let's not forget Silver Sable, who turns New York into a fascist police state with her blood money mercenaries, but then she apologizes and fucks off back home, making the ultimate end of her nonexistent character arc a prolonged vacation.

Last edited:

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
One of my favorite understated things about the game is that there's no blocking of cutscenes, even towards the end. I know a lot of that comes down to the way Photo Mode was implemented but it was nice playing/streaming via PS4 and not having to see that notification about blocked scenes/resumed recording all the damn time. I wish more games were as lenient about that.

Poyunch

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Sure hope we get serum Goblin. Never liked the idea of a tech Goblin. Not sure what I'd want for their costume, though... I prefer the classic and not anything armored, but I doubt Insomniac would go for it.
Kinda hope Insomniac starts with Tech goblin, then escalates to serum Goblin, and eventually serum goes overboard and we get Ultimate Goblin.

It would be a nice nod if they take all the armored villain criticisms to heart.

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
So what do you think Yuri's role next game will be besides obviously being Wraith.I think Yuri's will meet her end in Spiderman PS4 2

spad3

Oct 30, 2017
California
So what do you think Yuri's role next game will be besides obviously being Wraith.I think Yuri's will meet her end in Spiderman PS4 2

She'll probably be the mid-game villain.

Good pacing would be:

Silver Sable - Game-start villain - Fight #1
Black Cat - Early game villain - Fight #1
Silver Sable - Game-Start encounter - Fight #2
Green Goblin - Overarching villain - Fight #1
Black Cat - Early game villain - Fight #2
Silver Sable - Last encounter - Fight #3
Venom - Overarching villain - Fight #1
Mysterio - Mid-game villain - Fight #1
Black Cat - Last encounter - Fight #3 - turns to ally
Green Goblin - Mid-game encounter - Fight #2
Yuri/Wraith - Mid-game villain - Fight #1
Venom - Mid-game encounter - Fight #2
Green Goblin + Venom - Mid-game encounter (GG Fight #3, Venom Fight #3) - fought with Black Cat as ally
Yuri/Wraith - Late-game encounter - Fight #2
Green Goblin - Late-game encounter - Fight #4
Mysterio - Late-game encounter - Fight #2
Venom - Late-game encounter - Fight #4
Mysterio - Last encounter - Fight #3 - changes to side-villain after contribution to main quest
Yuri/Wraith - Last encounter - Fight #3 - Yuri dies.
Green Goblin + Venom - Last encounter (GG Fight #5, Venom Fight #5)
Black Goblin (Green Goblin taking on the symbiote) - end-game boss
Venom - Post-game encounter - Fight #7 post-game boss

This way you're not going "one and done" with each primary villain, and each villain has multiple encounters that actively contribute to the overarching story. Each villain would have a new mechanic every time you encounter them.

Side villains:
Lizard
Kraven
Spot
Hydro Man
Sandman
Taskmaster
Mysterio (after his main quest is complete)

Sewer areas/underground tunnel areas should be accessible this time around with most Lizard, Hydro Man, Sandman, and some Venom encounters taking place underground.

Deleted member 36493

User requested account closure
Dec 19, 2017
Can't wait to see IG's designs for Venom and Green Goblin. The game has some of my favorite designs ever for Doc Ock, Scorpion etc.

Also the symbiote advanced suit is going to look so damn good.

Nakenorm

"This guy are sick"
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
She'll probably be the mid-game villain.

Good pacing would be:

Silver Sable - Game-start villain - Fight #1
Black Cat - Early game villain - Fight #1
Silver Sable - Game-Start encounter - Fight #2
Green Goblin - Overarching villain - Fight #1
Black Cat - Early game villain - Fight #2
Silver Sable - Last encounter - Fight #3
Venom - Overarching villain - Fight #1
Mysterio - Mid-game villain - Fight #1
Black Cat - Last encounter - Fight #3 - turns to ally
Green Goblin - Mid-game encounter - Fight #2
Yuri/Wraith - Mid-game villain - Fight #1
Venom - Mid-game encounter - Fight #2
Green Goblin + Venom - Mid-game encounter (GG Fight #3, Venom Fight #3) - fought with Black Cat as ally
Yuri/Wraith - Late-game encounter - Fight #2
Green Goblin - Late-game encounter - Fight #4
Mysterio - Late-game encounter - Fight #2
Venom - Late-game encounter - Fight #4
Mysterio - Last encounter - Fight #3 - changes to side-villain after contribution to main quest
Yuri/Wraith - Last encounter - Fight #3 - Yuri dies.
Green Goblin + Venom - Last encounter (GG Fight #5, Venom Fight #5)
Black Goblin (Green Goblin taking on the symbiote) - end-game boss
Venom - Post-game encounter - Fight #7 post-game boss

This way you're not going "one and done" with each primary villain, and each villain has multiple encounters that actively contribute to the overarching story. Each villain would have a new mechanic every time you encounter them.

Side villains:
Lizard
Kraven
Spot
Hydro Man
Sandman
Taskmaster
Mysterio (after his main quest is complete)

Sewer areas/underground tunnel areas should be accessible this time around with most Lizard, Hydro Man, Sandman, and some Venom encounters taking place underground.

I wouldn't expect that many villains if I were you.

jstevenson

Developer at Insomniac Games
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Burbank CA

there actually at one time was a scene while you're in the raft where you run into Fisk who hadn't escaped yet, but we cut it for pacing / timing.

As far as what is the canon of what happened to him *shrug*

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
His side list maybe, but the main list isn't too crazy.

Black Cat, Wraith, and Venom are definitely in based on the hints made in the base game and DLC. Sandman, Mysterio, and The Jackal were the only villains mentioned via the backpacks that didn't show up so I think they're all fairly likely. That's a pretty solid line up already, maybe add in a rematch with Octavius as well. Green Goblin is obviously happening as well, but I can see Insomniac saving him for the final game in the trilogy as the stinger.

On the opposing side, I wonder if we'll see any other heroes this time. Even just Daredevil making a short cameo would be pretty cool.

crimzonflame

Oct 25, 2017
Just finished the game. It was great. Probably my goty. One thing I didnt get was during the last fight with Martin. The fight was started after a 'Moments Earlier' cut-scene which didnt make sense to me.

spad3

Oct 30, 2017
California

Silver Sable
Black Cat
Venom
Green Goblin
Mysterio
Black Goblin
Wraith
Lizard
Sandman
Hydro man
Spot
Kraven
Taskmaster

It's actually not that bad of a list compared to the first game:

Kingpin
Shocker
Tombstone
Taskmaster
Screwball
Silver Sable
Mister Negative
Scorpion
Rhino
Electro
Vulture
Doc Ock
Black Cat

shadowman16

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ok, finished off the final DLC chapter today. All round I really loved it. A great end to the DLC story, and the side stories in this one especially have some interesting plot points which could be explored in the next game.
It was certainly an
interesting take on Hammerhead as well. So does that mean he's just a metal plated head now?! Really liked Yuri's and Miles' sub plots as well as those will definitely be cool to see develop in the next game.

Definitely a case of more of the same in the best way for the DLC. Great costumes, great story (loved Black Cat the most) and I personally enjoyed the frantic combat encounters, increased need to experiment with gadgets and enemy variety. Oh, and I still can't stop laughing at the Dig Boy related dialogue. Top marks for Insomniac, cannot wait for the sequel.
Silver Sable
Black Cat
Venom
Green Goblin
Mysterio
Black Goblin
Wraith
Lizard
Sandman
Hydro man
Spot
Kraven
Taskmaster
That list is a little too perfect for me, I can sese almost all of these being used but across games 2 and 3. Mainly just I don't see Green Goblin and Venom being in the same game. I definitely want Mysterio and Sandman in the sequel.

As for Black Goblin, I'd like him or Hobgoblin to be used and basically act as a prototype for GG. Basically set up the tech before Norman (I really want them to do Normal not Harry as GG) flips and jumps on a Glider.

chaosaeon

Oct 26, 2017
there actually at one time was a scene while you're in the raft where you run into Fisk who hadn't escaped yet, but we cut it for pacing / timing.

As far as what is the canon of what happened to him *shrug*
That's not too bad. It's easy enough to imagine that Shocker wouldn't have his suit and would be pretty scared of leaving after the fear he expressed of the Demons, and maybe Fisk felt he was too at risk with all the supervillains running around and decided to bide his time until he could get out in a more technical way after everything had been cleared up. But cool to know there was a scene planned, I wonder what else ended up on the chopping block :).

Hitokiri03

Oct 25, 2017
I finished the game yesterday and I'm not a big fan of the story progression, they held all the important moments of the story until the end (even the super villains) and then throws everything at same time with very little time to digest, Aunt May's death should be something for middle of the game for example.

Also Silver Sable transition to "I will kill you" to 1 hour latter "please don't die" was bs.

fierrotlepou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Finished it yesterday. I shed a tear at May's death. The voice acting at that moment was truly amazing, wow.

Just finished this and I agree, that voice acting was next level.

RIP aunt May.

Just finished the game. It was great. Probably my goty. One thing I didnt get was during the last fight with Martin. The fight was started after a 'Moments Earlier' cut-scene which didnt make sense to me.

I didn't get this either.