• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

RROCKMAN

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Beat it, had a hell of a time

For being someone so smart The Tinkerer sure was short sighted.
I was all for her until sbe beat the shit out of Miles because he didn't let them kill someone. What was essentially a temper tantrum because they acted like Miles purposely got them caught. When he didn't know that he got double crossed and she saw him got beaten the shit out of earlier!

After that they were permanent garbage in my eyes. Honestly liked prowler more

Feb 23, 2019
In overall look or specifically what the ray tracing does?

It's a bit of both to be honest. Scene complexity and art look better in spiderman, and when you match that with superb ray tracing it makes the scene come even more alive.

Spider-Man is really the first showcase of Ray Tracing that truly made me say "wow" outside of NVIDIA tech demos. I was not really all that impressed with stuff like Minecraft or Metro.

Salpal

Oct 25, 2017
I loved this game. Got the platinum yesterday after maybe 25 hours of playtime.

Excited to jump into SM1 remastered next but I kind of want to wait and see how the save transfer stuff goes and if it auto pops trophies.

LaneDS

Oct 25, 2017
Finished this over the weekend and thought it was super- enjoyed it a lot more than the original game. Felt like Miles' move set is more fun (I guess Peter has more gadgets, and Miles has more natural abilities?) and the game really benefited from the shorter length- did just about everything and never felt like the game was bloated which I eventually was feeling with the first game (which is still great!).

Really excited to see how Insomniac follows this up- Sony is fortunate to have them as a first party developer for sure.

Hispanicguy

Oct 25, 2017
Been enjoying my time with the game. Taking things slow, but that's because of Photomode, haha.

Speaking of reflections, one photo I took that I feel does a good job showing it off:

0mTTD1.png

The lighting is incredible. Definitely worth the full price for those interested.

DrBo42

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Is there any mechanic change to swinging that makes it useful to fully pull the trigger while swinging? People kept talking up how it feels but I'm not really getting anything amazing from the haptic on this during swinging.

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Is there any mechanic change to swinging that makes it useful to fully pull the trigger while swinging? People kept talking up how it feels but I'm not really getting anything amazing from the haptic on this during swinging.

I feel like I was missing something there too.

Hell, the entirely of playing the game the trigger is in the same tension where the last 10-20% take more force, but it's not adaptive to just swinging or anything. Menus, running around, etc. all have the trigger like that.

Sparks

Senior Games Artist
Verified
Dec 10, 2018
Los Angeles
Whew, I did it.

Last fight was a bit annoying, it got overly chaotic at parts, but was insanely impressive. When she starts throwing out the Saw's I was just glitched in a corner getting worked... ruined the momentum a bit and made Tinker less relatable lol. Glad she sacrificed herself and redeemed it a bit... what a beautiful shot that was.

No idea how they composed that entire finale, so many moving parts. Insanity.

Honestly wasn't feeling the characters TOO much, until the end. But it ends solidly enough that I put it up there with the first one, still prefer playing as OG Spider-man tho... I think? Will try replaying.

I hope the next game goes somewhere different, perhaps a European city or something? I can't imagine them doing New York again.

Maple

Oct 27, 2017
I absolutely cannot complete the first stealth challenge. I beat the game, all side missions and activities, and all other training sessions.

The enemies are so damn sensitive to anything.

Slash

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Sep 12, 2018
I'm getting a weird glitch where I'm locked to one suit and I can't change it even if I switch to a different one in the menu. Reloading from a checkpoint didn't fix it. I reopened the game and it's still glitched. Any idea how to fix?

Edit: Seems to be related to opening the game from the cards on the PS5 home menu, so I opened it the normal way and it fixed it. Pretty strange though.

Mar 25, 2019
How is the custom controls/button remapping? Currently can't use the L1 button, but got through Last of Us 2 no problem thanks to remapping. That possible with Morales or am I out of luck?

NickatNite

Oct 27, 2017
California
About 3 hours ago I had my first crash during a cutscene, which caused my PS5 to turn off. Manually turned it back on and it did a system repair.

Started it up again few moments ago did a mission, then it crashed again upon going back into the open world. Sent me back to the XMB

fidelity mode and digital version

think I may hold off for a update before continuing

DrBo42

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Worth mentioning I had multiple errors trying to install this and the update file last night after unboxing the PS5. Something is very wrong with their file system right now or how things are being accessed/stopped and started.

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
man 60fps MADE this game

incredible narrative too

joins Uncharted The Lost Legacy among my favorites - 7 hours is the perfect length for a Sony first party adventure

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
Just finished up the main story and credits are rolling. I had a good time with it. One thing that I was hoping for:
I really wish Phin made it. Isn't she a brand new character made for the game? I was kind of hoping they'd add to Miles circle of people and keep her around. I was pretty disappointed that she ended up sacrificing herself. I'm holding onto a hope that because we didn't see a body that she is somehow alive and it only seems like she is dead.

Deleted member 16908

Oct 27, 2017
I want to play this game but based on everything I've heard I'm afraid it will destroy my PS5 from the inside out. I haven't had a single crash yet in Demon's Souls or Astro's Playroom.

JakeNoseIt

Catch My Drift
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Damn this game is so good. I'm giving the gameplay edge to Miles over 2018 fairly easily. I feel like 2018 had so many insane gadgets and I spent too much time in encounters slowing time to a halt and picking my gadget. It felt way more natural for Miles to have a few gadgets but rely more on the shortcuts for venom/camouflage. The combat encounters had a better rhythm for me because of it. I hope the next Spider-Man game figures out a way to enhance this for me.

Hidden One

Oct 26, 2017
❔❔❔
The RTX on teeth!? RTX on teeth.

SLxvJiW.jpg

BU42Fgn.jpg

In all honestly those are some decently rendered teeth.

Jogi

Prophet of Regret
Jul 4, 2018
About 3 hours ago I had my first crash during a cutscene, which caused my PS5 to turn off. Manually turned it back on and it did a system repair.

Started it up again few moments ago did a mission, then it crashed again upon going back into the open world. Sent me back to the XMB

fidelity mode and digital version

think I may hold off for a update before continuing
Happened to me as well, but on the physical version. I deleted and then reinstalled and haven't had an issue since. Not ideal, but could be a fix in the mean time.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
Beat it, had a hell of a time

For being someone so smart The Tinkerer sure was short sighted.
I was all for her until sbe beat the shit out of Miles because he didn't let them kill someone. What was essentially a temper tantrum because they acted like Miles purposely got them caught. When he didn't know that he got double crossed and she saw him got beaten the shit out of earlier!

After that they were permanent garbage in my eyes. Honestly liked prowler more
Miles had lied and tricked her a few times by then, her finally snapping and telling him to stop interfering or die (even if she still never would have with her hesitating a couple times in the final fight) as a last attempt to make him stop, made sense. It was definitely a bit rushed, but she had no reason to trust Miles anymore or think she could convince him to let her do it. She wanted to make Roxxon pay and was done delaying after everything.

Ausroachman

Oct 27, 2017
So I have been listening to some of the fantastic soundtrack for both this and Into the spiderverse and I stumbled onto this track, which isn't an official song but damn it would fit the game perfectly.

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
Playing Remastered right now, it's gorgeous. Is Miles Morales essentially identical graphics wise to remastered or will I be blown even more away?

bagomagik

Jan 8, 2019
Anyone experience a glitch where they got stuck playing as Miles? Like his uncostumed skin? It happened when I abandoned a mission I was replaying. Brought me back to the city as Miles, I couldn't swing or jump, only walk around, but the whole city was available to explore. I even fast traveled and started other missions and I was stuck as him the whole time so they were unplayable, but it was funny to see him swing into the cutscenes doing spidey stuff in his fur coat. I had to reload a previous save to fix it.

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Frustrating experience with Miles last night. I'd been playing the game all day and after maybe 8-10 hours, I started getting frame drops following scene transitions. A new in-game cinematic would load and it'd basically freeze on a frame for a second and then stutter into a smooth framerate after another second or two.

It definitely could have been heat, I suppose. The room was definitely warm, as was the console, but no more than playing earlier in the day. I would have hoped if the console was overheating, it would have gone into rest before gameplay was affected visually. So I'd prefer to think it was something else. Maybe a memory issue or a weird problem trying to share resources with the OS (I was swapping in and out of game to look at trophy info a whole lot).

Curious to hear if anyone else had experienced or heard of a similar issue, in Miles or elsewhere. I'm on a PS5 Digital Edition, if that matters.

Oneself

#TeamThierry
Oct 26, 2017
Montréal, Québec, Canada
Playing Remastered right now, it's gorgeous. Is Miles Morales essentially identical graphics wise to remastered or will I be blown even more away?
Miles is actually more impressive IMO because indoor scenes have been made with ray-tracing in mind, it has also more neon lights outside, snow looks great and everything is wet, there's more smoke effects and the city is filled with puddles/ice etc.

ket

Jul 27, 2018
Frustrating experience with Miles last night. I'd been playing the game all day and after maybe 8-10 hours, I started getting frame drops following scene transitions. A new in-game cinematic would load and it'd basically freeze on a frame for a second and then stutter into a smooth framerate after another second or two.

It definitely could have been heat, I suppose. The room was definitely warm, as was the console, but no more than playing earlier in the day. I would have hoped if the console was overheating, it would have gone into rest before gameplay was affected visually. So I'd prefer to think it was something else. Maybe a memory issue or a weird problem trying to share resources with the OS (I was swapping in and out of game to look at trophy info a whole lot).

Curious to hear if anyone else had experienced or heard of a similar issue, in Miles or elsewhere. I'm on a PS5 Digital Edition, if that matters.

one of my PS4 play sessions resulted in the game freezing up while i swung around even though the game had ran smoothly for most of my playthrough.

the game definitely launched with some significant bugs. the result of developing during a pandemic i guess.

Mathieran

Oct 25, 2017
Just finished it. Those last few missions were fantastic. My only complaint is that I need to do NG+ to get the bodega cat.

est1992

Oct 27, 2017
This game could use a horde mode. I'm loving the combat but I miss the chaos of some of the story missions that I don't seem to get on the random crimes.

Nov 11, 2020
Just beat the game last night, loved every minute! Onto new game+ for the plat!

Anyone here been playing the remaster? Trying to figure out if I should avoid it due to it causing issues with the PS5. Only things I've seen were to not use rest mode with the game.

jman0625

One Winged Slayer
Dec 18, 2017
Got the Platinum yesterday; absolutely loved the game and can't wait for Spider-Men (that name drop early on lol)

SuperBoss

Oct 25, 2017
I just finished it and HOLY SHIT THIS GAME IS AWESOME!

I had a blast playing through it, the traversal and combat was sublime. I never got bored of enemy encounters because you have so many moves and tools at your disposal to create your own style each time and experiment in so many ways. Every combat encounter felt different, and I felt in control all the way through, which made a huge payoff when you pull off amazing combos. Venom powers are RIDICULOUS, i was practically jumping with glee at every new one that was revealed. Added amazing flavor to the combat.

Traversal was more fun than ever because of the gymnastics you can do and the incorporation of venom boost. I also just love running along the side of a building and being able to press "X" to jump off or even better, pressing "O" at the corner and zip around the building and starting swinging in a different direction. Hoping the sequel has even more traversal moves, like environmental related animations (ex. swinging underneath water towers, using poles to spin off and launch, etc) and im personally hoping for gliding.

You can see some ideas in here laying groundwork for the sequel too (especially when you play a certain boss fight), which is now gonna have huge expectations (if it already didn't before). Cant go without mentioning the great story too, the importance of playing as Miles, and how well diversity and characters were done in this game. Won't say much about story so as not to spoil anyone, but the whole ending of the game had my jaw dropped for real.

My only flaw I would say, is that the last unlock of every skill tree is tied to NG+. I don't think that's a good design choice, especially when it's a singular block at the end of each upgrade path. Takes away some fulfillment. Other than that, absolutely incredible experience and I'm happy it was my first PS5 game i finished. I could say alot more but I'll leave it here for now.

Edit: I forgot to mention the MUSIC! BRUH. That was some perfect beats and songs in this and perfect implementation too. I probably forgot to mention alot of things, but DAMN that music is dope, and memorable as hell too its stuck in my head.

Thank you Insomniac for your hard work, games like this bring joy to the medium :) My hype for the sequel is through the roof!

Prime2

Oct 25, 2017

I have had this multiple times, the game has also crashed my PS5 twice so much so I am holding off on finishing the game at the moment.

cdigs

Apr 4, 2019
Hey jstevenson, sorry to bug you, but where is the best place to report a glitch? I even recorded video of it that I could upload somewhere and send in. It's an audio glitch that occured when...

you try to mega venom blast but don't have a full 3 bars. Happened in one of the Oscorp Science building fights. I had finishers banked up and got an awful noise when I tried to mega venom blast and didn't realize I didn't have enough energy for it.

Thanks!

craven68

Jun 20, 2018
I m going to try to buy the ps5 tomorow, since i didn't have a ps4 before...i m going to take the PS plus.
But i think , i m going to buy miles morales as first game, but does the stand alone is good enough or it's better to take the ultimate édition ?

Prime2

Oct 25, 2017
I m going to try to buy the ps5 tomorow, since i didn't have a ps4 before...i m going to take the PS plus.
But i think , i m going to buy miles morales as first game, but does the stand alone is good enough or it's better to take the ultimate édition ?

If you haven't played Spiderman before get the ultimate edition.

SuperBoss

Oct 25, 2017

Its good enough but if you havent played the original I'd definitely recommend you do! Especially the remastered version in the ultinate edition of Miles.

plain

Oct 27, 2017
Okay, I'm playing through the remaster now and boy do I appreciate SSD game design. Even if loading is basically non existent, cutscenes transitioning from Peter walking through a door then suddenly perched on top a building feels super dated now. lol

Seregil

Oct 25, 2017
So I've been playing Spider-Man Remastered before going into Miles Morales and did they change how tricks work? I know they changed the button you press, but it seems like I can no longer do crazy backflips while swinging down the street because you no longer keep your momentum when doing a trick. So holding the trick + down on the stick causes Spider-Man to slow down and eventually turn around while doing the trick rather than keep flying forward.