• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Voke

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I played through the game with 60fps, finally decided to try out fidelity and OUCH!! Never been the type to nitpick frames but damn.... Ps5 is definitely opening my eyes a lot lmao, 60 changes the whole experience

Kraken3dfx

Oct 25, 2017
Denver, CO
So I bought the $50 digital version of the game, but my understanding was I could pay another $20 after the fact and buy the Spider-Man Remaster, but I can't figure out where to buy it. Am I missing something obvious or did I misunderstand the whole buying combination shenanigans they announced?

Jan 29, 2018
Game locked up on me tonight and I briefly had a heart attack that my $500 toy was broken. Other than that I'm enjoying it a lot.

WillRobBanks

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So I bought the $50 digital version of the game, but my understanding was I could pay another $20 after the fact and buy the Spider-Man Remaster, but I can't figure out where to buy it. Am I missing something obvious or did I misunderstand the whole buying combination shenanigans they announced?

the most recent patch gives an in-game purchase option from the main menu. Hit R1 perhaps?

Flandy

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Am I imagining things or are cube maps a lot worse in this game than the first on PS4? I remember them being reasonably accurate in the first game but reflections in Miles on performance mode never seem to line up like at all with what's really there? Maybe I'm remembering wrong and the PS4 game wasn't like this???

Madness80

Feb 28, 2018
Yo! So I was given a code for Miles, I redeeme on PS5 and when it installed it says it's the PS4 version. I went to the store and see no way to upgrade. In game no option for performance/enchants. How do I upgrade to PS5? (Same issue with sackboy).

Outtrigger888

Oct 27, 2017
I played through the game with 60fps, finally decided to try out fidelity and OUCH!! Never been the type to nitpick frames but damn.... Ps5 is definitely opening my eyes a lot lmao, 60 changes the whole experience

did the same thing with demon souls, went to cinematic mode and didn't realize how jarring 30 FPS is. Being able to jump back and fourth and see the difference is startling

matrix-cat

Oct 27, 2017
Welp, I'm doing it. You can install the PS5 and PS4 versions on the same console if you get the PS4 disc, and the two versions have separate Trophy lists, so I'm gonna get the Platinum again.

The PS4 version is still really impressive. Coming straight off the PS5 version 30FPS is the biggest drawback, and the loadtimes on death or fast travel are obviously longer, but apart from that it's still an excellent looking game that plays just as well. Now that I've adjusted to the framerate the most noticeable difference is actually losing the haptics for regular rumble on the PS4. I'm surprised at what a difference it makes on PS5.

Deleted member 60135

User requested account closure
Banned
Sep 21, 2019
Welp, I'm doing it. You can install the PS5 and PS4 versions on the same console if you get the PS4 disc, and the two versions have separate Trophy lists, so I'm gonna get the Platinum again.

The PS4 version is still really impressive. Coming straight off the PS5 version 30FPS is the biggest drawback, and the loadtimes on death or fast travel are obviously longer, but apart from that it's still an excellent looking game that plays just as well. Now that I've adjusted to the framerate the most noticeable difference is actually losing the haptics for regular rumble on the PS4. I'm surprised at what a difference it makes on PS5.

Thanks for the confirmation. Do you know if save transfers impact trophies at all? Does playing with a complete save just have the game autopop relevant trophies, or would you need to start a fresh save?

Shokunin

Oct 25, 2017
The city beautiful
LOL yeah.

It's even worse when you get used to gaming at 120+ fps on PC and then try to play a console game at 30fps. Good thing MM looks great at 60 fps and I hope this gen continues with 60 fps console games with dynamic res and less graphical bells and whistles.

NightMystic

Oct 27, 2017
Yo! So I was given a code for Miles, I redeeme on PS5 and when it installed it says it's the PS4 version. I went to the store and see no way to upgrade. In game no option for performance/enchants. How do I upgrade to PS5? (Same issue with sackboy).

Cold War has this issue and I remember the fix for that being this:

"You must change your console to default to the PS5 version. To do this, go to your dashboard and hover over Cold War. Then scroll down to 'Play' and select the icon with the three dots beside it. From the list that pops up, select the PS5 version."

Karish

Oct 25, 2017
I have a glitch where I can't change suits and it doesn't seem to fix itself when I totally exit the game and come back to it. Anyone else?

matrix-cat

Oct 27, 2017
Thanks for the confirmation. Do you know if save transfers impact trophies at all? Does playing with a complete save just have the game autopop relevant trophies, or would you need to start a fresh save?

It doesn't seem like it. I'm starting the PS4 version with a 100% complete save on PS5 and there's no transfer of any kind, you just start from scratch.

Canadiancrowe

Nov 4, 2017
I have a glitch where I can't change suits and it doesn't seem to fix itself when I totally exit the game and come back to it. Anyone else?
It has been happening to me too. I think the issue is related to the activity cards? Whenever I loaded a game through those I was locked into the same suit, but if I exit the game via the menu and load it's fixed.

Antoo

May 1, 2019
This game consistently crashes when doing Roxxon/underground bases. It's infuriating at this point. I was freaked out my PS5 was dying but then I looked into the reddit and many other people are complaining this is the case even on PS4.

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
Use of music is amazing in this.

Haven't had any crashes at all in this so far. Also I've played only 60 FPS games on next gen so far and the motion blur in this helps 30 to look perfectly fine.

Madness80

Feb 28, 2018
Cold War has this issue and I remember the fix for that being this:

"You must change your console to default to the PS5 version. To do this, go to your dashboard and hover over Cold War. Then scroll down to 'Play' and select the icon with the three dots beside it. From the list that pops up, select the PS5 version."
I appreciate the reply! Unfortunately my only options when clicking on the three dots is view product, unfollow and Health/Ratings/privacy/terms. Even in the right side of the screen above the trophy information is the option to buy the game (wtf?).

Firewithin

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Orange County
maybe i didnt pay a ton of attention to this but i did not expect this to have been so short.

also since i was playing on a pro the last probably 25% of the game had terrible frame rate problems.

Bunta

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Anyone run into a bug where you can't change your suit? It's changed in the menu but not in-game.

edit: Fixed when I quit to the main menu and reloaded. It was even having him wear the suit when he was supposed to be in regular clothes.

Last edited:

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I'm sure it has been posted already, but Much seriously outdid himself on this one. Amazing stuff. jstevenson

Aldro

Jun 5, 2020
Sweden
I'm really digging this game a lot. It's got a lot more energy than the previous SM game. The moment this game won me over was when Jaden Smith's On My Own kicked.

It was a LOVELY moment, and I hope there's more musical moments like that in the game.

100,000% agree. I even kept a seperate save so I can relive that moment.

I'm not done yet but why won't Insomniac let us choose our own music based on the soundtrack in the game?

I want to swing while relistening to Jaden Smith again because it truly amplified the swinging experience and the usual music feels nowhere near as epic in comparison.

Insomniac, give Miles some headphones and let us pick our songs man. Feels like a wasted opportunity right now.

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
100,000% agree. I even kept a seperate save so I can relive that moment.

I'm not done yet but why won't Insomniac let us choose our own music based on the soundtrack in the game?

I want to swing while relistening to Jaden Smith again because it truly amplified the swinging experience and the usual music feels nowhere near as epic in comparison.

Insomniac, give Miles some headphones and let us pick our songs man. Feels like a wasted opportunity right now.
Yup, even actually having headphones on Miles for music would be cool.

74580-1532336916.jpg

Zeusy

Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
WA
Semi spoiler for a side quest regarding water pressure
how do you get it in the middle?!

NVM: IM A POTATO

noomi

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
Just played for the first time for about 20 minutes.

I am blown away by the graphics. Cutscenes have to be a native 4k, no?

matrix-cat

Oct 27, 2017

mordecaii83

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Now that Miles got a save transfer from PS4 to PS5 I'm hoping the original gets updated in the next few days, I really want to jump back into it because I'm craving more spidey action.

Stat

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone have any good Easter eggs they've found? I feel like I didn't find that many nods but I am also so terrible at missing.

During the Rio Morales rally, while Miles walks by the FEAST booth, you can see Martin Li has a sign over a picture of him. Miles & Phin visited a concert that was played by a couple of XMen characters. A more commonly found Easter egg is that during the Underground hideouts, in the cache rooms, they have nods to the previous game villains as the Underground fought them. On the Roxxon computer, where its a mysterious figure they need to contact, Black Cat has also worked for them. Peter and Miles interact twice in the past I believe (the Vulture fight, the Science Centre).

Obviously, not counting the achievement ones like the Stan Lee statue or Jefferson Davis memorial.

Jan 29, 2018
Game has now locked up on me twice while trying to do the Underground Gideout in Greenwich (on PS5). Both times I was able to bring up the quick menu with the PS button and close the game but the game itself was frozen. This happen to anyone else?

AwakenedCloud

Oct 27, 2017
I don't know if this question belongs here since it's about the Remaster, but hopefully someone can help.

I've read that you can switch between the last two gadgets by double-tapping L1 and I vaguely remember doing that in the original, but I can't seem to get it to work here. This seems bizarre. Has anybody else run into this problem?

GreenMamba

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone have any good Easter eggs they've found? I feel like I didn't find that many nods but I am also so terrible at missing.

During the Rio Morales rally, while Miles walks by the FEAST booth, you can see Martin Li has a sign over a picture of him. Miles & Phin visited a concert that was played by a couple of XMen characters. A more commonly found Easter egg is that during the Underground hideouts, in the cache rooms, they have nods to the previous game villains as the Underground fought them. On the Roxxon computer, where its a mysterious figure they need to contact, Black Cat has also worked for them. Peter and Miles interact twice in the past I believe (the Vulture fight, the Science Centre).

Obviously, not counting the achievement ones like the Stan Lee statue or Jefferson Davis memorial.
When you go to the old Mason Repair shop if you stand near some guitars Miles mentions that Phin's brother told them that one of the guitars used to be owned by Alison Blaire (Dazzler).

Gotchaforce

Oct 31, 2017
One time dealing with sneaking with lots of enemies using a remote mine crashed my PS5. Couple hours later it's froze the game.

Wazzy

Oct 25, 2017
Beat it yesterday and was surprised how short the game was. The visuals are great and I loved the music especially the song when he is listening to his headphones.

I do wish it was a bit longer and like suggested already you could choose music to listen to while roaming. Other personal want is that I wish you could do more in the open world since I just like doing random shit in these kind of games lol let me walk into a coffee shop and order. Let me play basketball at the courts(I wanted this in the first game too) or even let me switch to mask off.

Anyway despite being so short the story was really enjoyable and the additions to gameplay were fun.

Also I'm sad that PS4 version doesn't animate Spiderverse costume :( I guess it's PS5 only?

Androidsleeps

Oct 27, 2017
Finished the story. I really liked the ending and how fast-paced the story was.
Is the final scene where Phin flies Miles high into the sky a nod to to the Iron Man scene from Avengers?
Also, in the first game JJ's podcast really annoyed me but in Miles I found his parts kinda funny and Danikast is the annoying one lol. I hope this is improved in the sequel with added ability to switch between music and podcasts. I also hope both Peter and Miles are playable and switchable GTA V style if it made sense.

Deleted member 8468

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'm blowing through this pretty quick, but it's really fun and tight. Hope they keep the focus on Spidey stuff and less on minigames and forced stealth in future games.

I'm probably going to play Spider-Man Remastered after this. Really wish they'd let you play as Miles over there too, I love his swing animations.

Sparks

Senior Games Artist
Verified
Dec 10, 2018
Los Angeles
I feel like (on PS5) I kept seeing footage of people cold booting it straight to the menu? Is there a way to bypass the intro logo's ect??

guitarguy316

Nov 3, 2017
I bought the $70 disc version. I just redeemed the code for the 3 stat points and 2 outfits.

Now I can figure out how to download them or use them? Are they unlocked in the game now or do I need to trigger a download?