• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
www.marvel.com

Al Ewing and Javier Rodríguez Reunite for More Cosmic Madness in 'Defenders: Beyond'

New team and new threats await in an all-new 'Defenders' series this June.

"It's great to be co-storytelling with Javier again on another DEFENDERS book - he's more than an artist, he's the other half of the equation," Ewing said. "There's no DEFENDERS without him. And of course, we had to go even bigger."

"So in this book, we're going on a magical journey into the Mystery itself, mapping the Marvel Godhead and bringing back knowledge that ties into what has gone before, some seismic things to come... and if we're lucky, maybe a little off-the-page magic to feed your hungry head. We've got an eclectic new crew of Defenders chosen for the task by the final spell of Stephen Strange - I'm saying what's probably a final goodbye to a lot of stuff from the past ten years with this one, and for at least one character, this will be the last adventure. Hope you survive the psychedelic experience, pilgrim!"
Sounds like fun on the bun
defenders_beyond_javier_rodriguez.jpg

defenders-2.jpg

defenders-2-a.jpg

AliceAmber

Drive-in Mutant
Administrator
May 2, 2018
Hyyyyyype. Namor could use some more grounding in a team. And I'm always down for more Valkyrie and Hellcat always

Duane

Unshakable Resolve
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Haha, that first series was really great, I'm glad they're doing another one.

VAD

Oct 28, 2017
I really love Javier Rodriguez's art. His style is timeless. He also works on the craziest stories.
Thank you Javier Rodriguez.

Christian

Oct 25, 2017
The last Defenders comic from this creative team was on the shortlist for best books last year, so this is super exciting.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
The last Defenders series by them was phenomenal. This is a comic creative dream team. I can't believe how amazing Javier's art is.

Everyone should check out his work in History of the Marvel Universe.
2541f17a4e2e7c702878b05a1bb61ec73a7f3496.jpg

Last edited:

Sagroth

Oct 28, 2017
Excellent news. Ewing is always a treat, and his last Defenders series was outstanding. Happy to see him writing Blue Marvel & America Chavez again, as well. And Javier's art is sublime.