• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

azfaru

Dec 1, 2017
After X-COM 2, they released Civ 6 and several expansions, X-COM 2 expansions and Chimera Squad.

They didn't have all the team for 5 years on this.

id like to fantasize this is what 5 years of tinkering and developing and xcom style game would be lol. but i assume early dev started then, if not they wouldnt say it in the article.

Dandy

Oct 25, 2017
This sounds amazing! I love the magical side of superheroes, and am thrilled that they are letting us make our own protagonist.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
I'm digging the Enter Sandman riff. Having Magik i dope, too.

But I hate that Wolverine design. Should've been Laura, not JamesLogan!

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
Nico being in a videogame is awesome.

Why are Iron Man and Wolverine here though? I mean, I know why, just need to know their justification for being on this squad without the rest of their respective teams' more magically inclined members.

I said in the Grubb thread that it was really foolish for he and others to use "Marvel Universe" and "MCU" interchangeably, especially when discussing a rumor. "There are no MCU characters" is a statement that is almost a non sequitur when discussing this game, as people who buy comic-licensed games aren't demanding film-canon in these games.

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
For now

Honestly how many times has Scarlet Witch's origin story changed anyways

She'll be a mutant again in two years.

pretenders!!

I'm digging the Enter Sandman riff. Having Magik i dope, too.

But I hate that Wolverine design. Should've been Laura, not JamesLogan!

YES. 100000% should have been Wolverine and not Logan

I'd take Moon Knight over Iron Man (idk what Tony is doing on the team), but other than that this looks awesome.

Moon Knight will 100% be announced as one lf the 13

Nakenorm

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
That Ghost Rider looks like he got Spectered and came out the other end.
Looks pretty spot on
STL023994

Wanda will be in the game, but she is not a mutant

She'll be a mutant again in two years.
More like a month or so.

RivalCore

Oct 28, 2017
Looking forward to the gameplay trailer. Firaxis rarely disappoints.

But is this the end of Xcom for the foreseeable future?

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Ah man, I was really looking forward to putting together a custom squad :( This doesn't look nearly as appealing.

Ninhead

Drive-in Mutant
Avenger
Nov 18, 2017
Nico being in a videogame is awesome.

Why are Iron Man and Wolverine here though? I mean, I know why, just need to know their justification for being on this squad without the rest of their respective teams' more magically inclined members.

I said in the Grubb thread that it was really foolish for he and others to use "Marvel Universe" and "MCU" interchangeably, especially when discussing a rumor. "There are no MCU characters" is a statement that is almost a non sequitur when discussing this game, as people who buy comic-licensed games aren't demanding film-canon in these games.
Wasn't Wolvie a charter member of the team? I could swear he was.

Feb 16, 2018
Firaxis having to do marvel capeshit. Sad af.

lol

this was my first reaction, but then i double-checked at what they've actually made recently, and this seems fine for them

they're a good developer for figuring out how to come up with new mechanics for weird stuff like this and make it fit within a larger game that you only play for a few dozen hours

i'd prefer more deep strategy games, but they're unlikely to succeed at that
and civ 7 will still happen, so it's not like anything changes. they just make this instead of xcom 3 or whatever

Budi

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
Firaxis having to do marvel capeshit. Sad af.
Lol, I'm not the only one then. I feel even more strongly about Eidos Montreal though (that cliffhanger in Mankind Divided...) That said, I have this wishlisted already. And this can be good in making Firaxis known to new audiences, so I'm happy about that.

Drayco21

Oct 25, 2017
Bummer we're wasting time with mainstream heroes we've seen hundreds of time in this supernatural themed game, but the pitch is neat. Looks promising.

Drayco21

Oct 25, 2017
You need to attract people with Wolverine and Iron Man so they can meet Nico Minoru and Magik, a small price to pay.

That's what major mainstream movie stars Blade, Doctor Strange and Ghost Rider are for. Carol and Tony don't need to be here, and besides Marvel is one of the biggest brands on the planet, as long as the game is good, it'll work regardless of who's in it. The Guardians movies didn't need Captain America to make Rocket Raccoon a household name.

SPRidley

Oct 25, 2017
Thats theres not a fucking singleplayer rpg nor adventure game that lets you create your own superhero in the marvel or dc universes (without being that ol dc mmo), and has to be fireaxis witha tactics game the one to implement that idea.

Vee

Oct 27, 2017
God I hate that Ironman, Cap, and Carol are here. But Nico and Magik make up any disappointment

dlauv

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
This ended up game of the show for me. Hopefully it tells an interesting story. I love supernatural Marvel. They should put Immortal Hulk in just for kicks.

Niklel

Prophet of Regret
Aug 10, 2020
Ghost Rider looks like he's wearing a mask. Just a burning human skull (classic look) is soooo much cooler.