• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Jul 10, 2020
So yeah, I don't give a shit what anybody says, the Netflix Marvel shows weren't canon judging by Feige's wording in those tweets.

Deleted member 17388

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Let's go Quake on Agents of Atlas with Jimmy Woo!
latest

Heliex

Nov 2, 2017
Daredevil is gonna show up fighting a Court case against She Hulk in Spider Man 3, you can quote me on this.

maximumzero

Oct 25, 2017
New Orleans, LA
I have a gut feeling that Feige doesn't take Agents of SHIELD as canon, and the Netflix shows even less so.

I still hope they don't recast any of those characters when/if the time comes where they start popping their heads into the MCU proper though.

OP
OP
Khanimus

Khanimus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Greater Vancouver
I see the Iron Fist diss there.
Finn Jones went on couple weeks back about the plans for when they thought they were gonna get S3

collider.com

'Iron Fist' Season 3 Plot Revealed by Finn Jones in a Candid Interview

Finn Jones opens up about his cancelled Marvel Netflix show Iron Fist and what the Season 3 story would have been.

"Raven [Metzner], who was the showrunner for the second season, and I were sure that there was gonna be a Season 3, so we had already devised the whole thing. I was so excited to get into that. It really was gonna be about Danny finally assuming the role of the Iron Fist, fully accomplished, fully charged up, and fully in control of his shit, as well. It was gonna be this amazing story [with] Danny and Ward off in foreign lands as a buddy storyline almost. And then, you had Colleen in New York, isolated with this new power, struggling to come to terms with her identity and with this power. At some point, we would have met again and probably formed this crazy power couple [or] superhero relationship."

"It's horrible. It's like the death of a friend or a close family member. You've spent years building this other world within yourself and sharing this other person with the whole world. Usually, with films or plays, you get to see that arc through. There's a journey. But with 'Iron Fist', it was like we just got to the peak. We were just getting there. We'd just turned the show around. We had just done so much great work, really getting the train back on the tracks."

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
Can a show with seven seasons be considered "unsuccessful"? Personally, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. was my favorite of the "powered people" shows by quite a huge margin. Mainly because the charisma and chemistry of the characters was just so high. Season one wasn't what I was hoping for, or even expecting, but the show just got progressively better with each season.

Parthenios

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
So yeah, I don't give a shit what anybody says, the Netflix Marvel shows weren't canon judging by Feige's wording in those tweets.
It's almost certainly going to be a case where they happened in a parallel universe that was MCU + Netflix but we're in the universe where it's just MCU, and maybe some of the characters cross over as needed.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
I truly believe Marvel Television is there for inspiration where Marvel Studios can pick and choose whatever they wanna integrate into the MCU. The way he words Clark Gregg being back in the MCU adds to how he said it's there with the comic books.

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
On rumors of #AgentsofSHIELD characters returning, Feige says, "There are often rumors that are true and there are often rumors that are not. It was great fun to have Clark Gregg come back to the MCU in Captain Marvel… Everything else, we'll just have to see.

Marvel TV shit is alt universe. Just accept it, sickos.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Can a show with seven seasons be considered "unsuccessful"? Personally, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. was my favorite of the "powered people" shows by quite a huge margin. Mainly because the charisma and chemistry of the characters was just so high. Season one wasn't what I was hoping for, or even expecting, but the show just got progressively better with each season.

Easily the overall comic book show, I miss it dearly

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Worth noting a second season of Loki is basically confirmed at this point

Mariolee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Ugh, I truly cannot take his comments as to whether Agents of SHIELD characters are coming back or not in a good way or a bad way. The Wandavision showrunner hinting at Hydra Soap hinting at Agents of SHIELD was such a tantalizing tease. I'm going to assume they're not coming back, but hopefully I am proven wrong.

Spikematic

Oct 28, 2017
I'd like nothing more than the AoS cast being brought back to the new shows/movies. The Netflix show people were mostly great too, especially Daredevil and Punisher.

Kyari

Oct 25, 2017
I'm happy to just think of Agents of SHIELD and the Netflix shows as secondary canon. Canonical until something supercedes it.

Feige knows there are big fanbases for those shows, so I assume that they aren't going to deliberately steamroll over them in any real hurry unless a story really justifies their use.

Mariolee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
What rumors about Agents of SHIELD characters?

Unsure, but the showrunner handily dodged the SHIELD question in a very shifty way in an ET interview

"Fans connected the most recent commercial for Hydra Soak to an episode of Agents of SHIELD, which would be one of the few times the MCU has connected back to those Marvel shows. Was that an intentional connection? Are they sniffing in the right spots there?," ET asked. "This is where I'm going to talk about something entirely different. What can we talk about? [Laughs] It rained yesterday," Schaeffer replied.

www.kare11.com

'WandaVision' Creator on Post-Credits Scenes and Why It Was Important to Talk About Pietro (Exclusive)

'WandaVision' Creator on Post-Credits Scenes and Why It Was Important to Talk About Pietro (Exclusive)

Deleted member 17388

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, they're gonna take liberties if they bring a previously established character.

They could be the same actors and some of the supporting cast, but they're gonna ignore everything else.

So unless directly referenced in an MCU property, it's not canon.
I bet the same goes for Deadpool, unless they make him a traveller from a different universe.

Heliex

Nov 2, 2017
Ugh, I truly cannot take his comments as to whether Agents of SHIELD characters are coming back or not in a good way or a bad way. The Wandavision showrunner hinting at Hydra Soap hinting at Agents of SHIELD was such a tantalizing tease. I'm going to assume they're not coming back, but hopefully I am proven wrong.
It would be cool to see the show return for 1 more season under the Disney Plus umbrella. 6 episodes with the budget and cameos would probably make it go out with a bang.

Mariolee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm happy to just think of Agents of SHIELD and the Netflix shows as secondary canon. Canonical until something supercedes it.

Feige knows there are big fanbases for those shows, so I assume that they aren't going to deliberately steamroll over them in any real hurry unless a story really justifies their use.

They can't help but steamroll it once they introduce the Inhumans with Kamala Khan. They either explain it the Agents of SHIELD way OR they explain it some other way that completely defies the foundation for the majority of AOS.

Jest

Oct 28, 2017
I don't think they are fucking with any of Marvel TV's inhumans.

Of any of them, Quake is the easiest character to bring over and the actress is great in the role. Enough so that they tapped her to voice the character in the animated shows.

Maybe it happens, maybe it doesn't but I don't see any reason specifically not to.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
She's shot that down herself though. I mean yeah sometimes actor's lie but I'd be surprised about this one.

I know, I'm just pointing out the rumors I'm aware of lol

Canonical until something supercedes it.

*coughs in Infinity War/Endgame :(

Of any of them, Quake is the easiest character to bring over and the actress is great in the role. Enough so that they tapped her to voice the character in the animated shows.

Maybe it happens, maybe it doesn't but I don't see any reason specifically not to.

I will legit be fine with her having a soft reboot or whatever they got to do. Y'all got a superhero that's cultivated a fanbase for 7 (or 6 if we're being strict) seasons, would be a damn shame to let go of that

Heynongman!

Oct 25, 2017
They can't help but steamroll it once they introduce the Inhumans with Kamala Khan. They either explain it the Agents of SHIELD way OR they explain it some other way that completely defies the foundation for the majority of AOS.
I do wonder if they'll keep her inhuman origin in the show. Wasn't she introduced around the time Marvel was kinda sweeping mutants under the rug? I am not up on her backstory but how important is the inhuman aspect? could it easily be swapped for mutant if they don't want to worry about the Inhuman stuff right now?

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, no one gives a fuck about Iron Fist. I never watched the second season because the first was such ass and Danny was useless as a Defender.

Not that it matters anymore, but ironically Iron Fist had the best S2 out of the Netflix shows, people were actually interested in what S3 was gonna delve into. Including me, and I was one of the biggest haters of S1 lol