• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Watchtower

Oct 27, 2017
My most anticipated MCU flick right now, besides Spidey 3. Whew.
Same here. It's like Guardians all over again, except Eternals didn't have an extremely popular mid 00's revival series, they kinda just had that Kirby run and that's it. Of course some characters went off to do other things, but yeah, not a ton of lore on these folks.

Same. Back with Guardians people were saying "if they could do that they could do anything" but Eternals is the real test to that. Literally the only thing worthwhile to come out of that group (outside of Kirby's art) is Sersi, and mainly because she spent the 90s banging the Black Knight.

If they can make Eternals work it only cements that Marvel Studios and Feige can turn anything they touch to gold.

Because she was painted blue in an incredibly minor role, and they figured "nobody's going to notice."

Not the only double cast in the MCU.

Definitely one of the more prominent given it was between two movies.

Not that I'm complaining, Sersi is absolutely an upgrade for her. Literally Avengers material.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Those look terrible, but its a bad picture. Itll probably look fine in the film. But, I dont really have much reverence for the Eternals anyway, so it might look good for people who already are fans.

1524559449-eternals-marvel.jpg

Aloysius

Nov 5, 2017
Minneapolis, MN
I gotta wait to see the trailer before I make any judgements. I remember people making fun of Guardians and Dr. Strange when they were leaking. Also Black Panther had a poster with a terrible photoshop look as well.

KodaRuss

Oct 27, 2017
Texas
Kinda weird the biggest star in the movie is missing from the front page of the calendar? Angelina Jolie and if Kit Harrington's role is even somewhat big in this movie this poster makes no sense.

J-Skee

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Eternals with a calendar leak, Shang-Chi with a Lego set leak.... these films are starting to sit for too long.

abellwillring

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
The poor little kid looks so incredibly dorky. Don Lee looks like an absolute badass (of course) -- honestly, the character on the right is really bad too. I feel like they did not plan the space well. They got to the edges of the image and were like fuck, we gotta cram em in.

Manmademan

Election Thread Watcher
Aug 6, 2018
Those look terrible, but its a bad picture. Itll probably look fine in the film. But, I dont really have much reverence for the Eternals anyway, so it might look good for people who already are fans.

Being brutally honest..who does?

That crew isn't even what I'd call C-list. I know Kirby made them and yadda yadda etc. but they are very, very rarely used. Even hardcore fans would be hard pressed to name more than a half dozen of them.

Richiek

Nov 2, 2017

Chloe Zhao is really getting critical acclaim for Nomadland, so I have total faith she will hit it out of the park for Eternals despite how off they may look in this calendar.

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I swear this is the second piece of art or whatever I've seen for this film that out of the widely diverse cast puts the generic white guy front and centre

Timbuktu

Oct 25, 2017
One is a blue alien.

yeah. I don't see a problem. And it's nice to have minority women in MCU not caked in make up or painted green or blue.

That crew isn't even what I'd call C-list. I know Kirby made them and yadda yadda etc. but they are very, very rarely used. Even hardcore fans would be hard pressed to name more than a half dozen of them.

Personally, seeing what Chloe Zhan does next and with this of budget and genre is the most exciting thing about this. And this being a minor Marvel property is probably good for giving her some freedom in interpreting the material. Who knows, like with Ang Lee, good directors don't always work well in all genres but it will be interesting.

Manmademan

Election Thread Watcher
Aug 6, 2018
Personally, seeing what Chloe Zhan does next and with this of budget and genre is the most exciting thing about this. And this being a minor Marvel property is probably good for giving her some freedom in interpreting the material. Who knows, like with Ang Lee, good directors don't always work well in all genres but it will be interesting.

I'd agree. This is a property almost no one knows anything about, so she's free to do whatever the hell she wants with it as long as it's good.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017

Been saying the same thing since the movie was announced lol.

At least that means they basically have a clean slate to do whatever it is they want to do with them. They clearly have something in mind that they wanted to use the Eternals to set up.

Chiaroscuro

Oct 25, 2017
I cannot believe this movie was already supposed to be out last year. Just crazy how much stuff has shifted around. Supposedly this one will be shockingly good if the rumors about even the Disney execs being shocked are true.

Same here. It's like Guardians all over again, except Eternals didn't have an extremely popular mid 00's revival series, they kinda just had that Kirby run and that's it. Of course some characters went off to do other things, but yeah, not a ton of lore on these folks.

you are forgetting Neil Gaiman series:

images

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Guys, I'm from the non-COVID timeline and Eternals just won the Oscar for best picture.

dunkzilla

alt account
Banned
Dec 13, 2018
That looks woeful.

BUT I'm going to take this chance to shill the new Eternals run written by Kieron Gillen with art from Esad Ribic. It's gotten off to a great start.

May 24, 2019
Likeness art usually looks kinda shit. Check out most MCU toy boxes.

Edit: lol. It is literally stitched together toy box art.

Last edited:

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
From The Rider and Nomadland to this, lmao. The world sucks
Lmao, Nomadland gives me faith that this will be interesting. Promo art like this usually isn't too indicative of anything quality wise.

making Richard Madden your lead doesn't seem like the best move though.

Chloe Zhao is really getting critical acclaim for Nomadland, so I have total faith she will hit it out of the park for Eternals despite how off they may look in this calendar.

Coes5nwVUAAybIK.jpg

Voytek

Oct 25, 2017
Really wanna see a trailer for this. It's the one Marvel project I'm unsure about.

Biske

Nov 11, 2017
I love what a high standard people here have for calendars. Like the calendar must be nothing but THE HIGHEST quality so if it seems shitty it couldn't be real.

Its a shitty calendar...

valuv

Oct 25, 2017
Pop culture elitism is always a funny thing. Maggie Cheung starred in The Heroic Trio(a superhero film) you know, it isn't all Irma Vep all the time.
I like the idea of mentioning that like it's shocking, when the premise of Irma Vep is that a director saw her in Heroic Trio and fell in love with her, demanding she act in his film.

Also there's the aspect of working up in quality (though Heroic Trio is great) and working down (Marvel trash and some dumb cyber vampire western).

AnansiThePersona

Started a revolution but the mic was unplugged
Oct 27, 2017
We can't hate this film in any way shape or form because if it fails all space Marvel films will be comedies so woo yes hell yeah Eternals add mutants to the MCU or whatever