• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Jul 10, 2020

EvLV-IkXAAU2IGt

NGL, looks kind of fake.

Tathanen

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I mean, the art here is terrible, but I wouldn't be surprised if these are the real constumes.

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I mean, it matches what they revealed way back, so I can't imagine it's not real. Would be a weird thing to fake. Poorly photoshopped media, but the source material is valid.

l1CalhK.jpg

I think they look cool - gonna be a WILD movie.

Heynongman!

Oct 25, 2017
This looks fake as hell, like someone just took existing shots of those actors and stuck them on costumes. Like that shot of Kumail I'm pretty sure comes from when he took fitness pics after they announced he was in this.

I mean, it matches what they revealed way back, so I can't imagine it's not real. Would be a weird thing to fake. Poorly photoshopped media, but the source material is valid.

l1CalhK.jpg

I think they look cool - gonna be a WILD movie.

Alright, costumes are for sure accurate. That calendar though, seems fake as hell still lol

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
looks fake but a lot of movie merchandise sometimes has that sort of shitty look to them so it could be real. I assume maybe its like early key art or concept art and they wanted to get a head start on printing/manufacturing so they ran with it.

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
If you put it on the BossLogic scale it checks out.

If it's worse than Bosslogic's work it's probably real.

Guardians, Infinity War , end game. Marvel had some bad photoshopped posters themselves as well.

Heynongman!

Oct 25, 2017
I cannot believe this movie was already supposed to be out last year. Just crazy how much stuff has shifted around. Supposedly this one will be shockingly good if the rumors about even the Disney execs being shocked are true.

My most anticipated MCU flick right now, besides Spidey 3. Whew.

Same here. It's like Guardians all over again, except Eternals didn't have an extremely popular mid 00's revival series, they kinda just had that Kirby run and that's it. Of course some characters went off to do other things, but yeah, not a ton of lore on these folks.

Oct 25, 2017
marvel's power rangers looks kinda weird

it looks like the suit designs are real, the image itself is probably made purely for the calendar and not for any normal promotion
"off brand" pictures like this are often made for cheap tie-ins like this and shouldnt be given too much attention
and often times they're out of date by the time the actual movie comes out
same thing often happens with toylines
packaging art is often done by the toy company which makes the art internally, once removed from the actual production marketing
(and the toys themselves are often based on earlier out of date designs too but that's getting off track a little)

i imagine this art is along those lines
"real" but not from the movie studio, mushed together out of some early assets they received and some painted over headshots
might even be placeholder until actual promotional shots are taken, that happens sometimes

Yasuke

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I cannot believe this movie was already supposed to be out last year. Just crazy how much stuff has shifted around. Supposedly this one will be shockingly good if the rumors about even the Disney execs being shocked are true.

Same here. It's like Guardians all over again, except Eternals didn't have an extremely popular mid 00's revival series, they kinda just had that Kirby run and that's it. Of course some characters went off to do other things, but yeah, not a ton of lore on these folks.

I'm so ready to see if we get their spin on the origin of super powered beings on Earth.

Monkey D.

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
For a movie that was supposed to be released last year in november there is very little that leaked . There have to be hundreds of different merchandise products sitting in warehouses all around the world .

OP
OP
UnderTheKillingSun
Jul 10, 2020
For a movie that was supposed to be released last year in november there is very little that leaked . There have to be hundreds of different merchandise products sitting in warehouses all around the world .

I imagine that some of the merchandise was delayed in production with a November 2020 release date.

It's probably starting to leak now because November 2021 is locked at this point, so the merchandise is starting to be produced.

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta GA
Wait...it's already confirmed that he is a SHIELD agent!?
Dane Whitman is going to be a SHIELD agent!?

I may just be making shit up based on rumors I saw lol sorry. But my first thought was we will meet him as a normal dude, he and Sersi will have a thing, but he either wont be revealed as Black Knight or wont actually be Black Knight until the end of the movie/post credits or not until next time we see him.

I get the impression we'll see him as a part of Sersi's recent past but he wont appear in the "modern MCU day" part of the story. But we just know so little about it, who knows.

He definitely doesnt appear to have a big part in the film's marketing

shinobi602

Verified
Oct 24, 2017
I haven't kept up with behind the scenes stuff but can anyone explain how Gemma Chan is playing Sersi when she was Minn Erva in Captain Marvel?

Canucked

Comics Council 2020 & Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
These costumes were already revealed. Those could just be bad art based of the initial picture from a while ago and not based on whatever is final.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
I could've sworn we saw not only pics of the costumes themselves way before this, but even the action figure line (which looks terrible as far as Marvel Legends go)

shinobi602

Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Because she was painted blue in an incredibly minor role, and they figured "nobody's going to notice."

Not the only double cast in the MCU.
🤫

It was a bit role that required a lot of makeup. Something that can easily be hand-waved away.

Not the first time they've done this in the MCU with bit characters.
So an issue of suspension of disbelief, ugh. A bit lame but oh well.

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I may just be making shit up based on rumors I saw lol sorry. But my first thought was we will meet him as a normal dude, he and Sersi will have a thing, but he either wont be revealed as Black Knight or wont actually be Black Knight until the end of the movie/post credits or not until next time we see him.

I get the impression we'll see him as a part of Sersi's recent past but he wont appear in the "modern MCU day" part of the story. But we just know so little about it, who knows.

He definitely doesnt appear to have a big part in the film's marketing

We know he has a sword, at least.

"Now I'm going with a Marvel movie. I'm going on to play a superhero, which is cool. I don't know what I can say about it, I'm scared to sort of even mention it," Harington said at first before detailing a play he wanted to join. "I'm trying to choose things as far away from Jon Snow as possible, but I'm playing a superhero and he's got a sword."

I don't think he'll be full-on Black Knight here, though, I agree. Probably a tease at best.

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta GA