• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Mandalorian

Alt account
Banned
Jun 18, 2020
Imran says the Crystal Dynamics playtesters think the game is incredibly boring but we will see in three weeks.
Idk about this. From one side, we have first hand opinions like Dornbush's impressions. The other, we have Imran talking about second hand opinions of what anonymous playtesters confided him privately. Seems kinda dishonest to hold that against the game. Regardless, we'll be playing the beta ourselves soon enough.

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
I honestly feel like people will be surprised at how good this game will turn out. Gameplay between different characters seem complex and interesting to master. If Square / Crystal Dynamics / Marvel play their cards right, I feel like this game can be huge. It's not even about getting the best out of it in the next gen, but the game itself blooming. Imagine a game that every year can be upgraded with a new 'event'. I see this going the way of Destiny a lot more than Anthem.

it'll only surprise people here. youtube, twitter, etc are full of people positive on the game.

i do think it'll come out the gate a lot more "destiny" than "anthem", if only because of the massive IP underpinning it

Finaika

Dec 11, 2017
I honestly feel like people will be surprised at how good this game will turn out. Gameplay between different characters seem complex and interesting to master. If Square / Crystal Dynamics / Marvel play their cards right, I feel like this game can be huge. It's not even about getting the best out of it in the next gen, but the game itself blooming. Imagine a game that every year can be upgraded with a new 'event'. I see this going the way of Destiny a lot more than Anthem.
So like Marvel Heroes.

Falus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I almost always take multi platform game in Xbox one X over ps4 pro for obvious reasons. But this time my Ā« comic fan game Ā» buddy has only a PS4 (injuste 2 is our moSt played game together ever ) so I think I'll need to get on PS4 this time. I would be more reluctant if the ps5 upgrade would be far away but I can safely buy it on PS4 now

mcruz79

Apr 28, 2020
It's strange that feels that this game has almost zero hype.
but to be frankl, everything I saw about this game until now doesn't look To hot!!

mcruz79

Apr 28, 2020
This thread is pretty hype tho

but I think strange that for a marvel avengers game with so many characters playable, it looks to generate little talk.
i really hope It turns to be a at least interesting and good game in the end.
I think maybe a nextgen only game with more freedom for flying characters and huge scenarios with no worries about load maps fast enough, a game like this can become something truly special if done right.

Falus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I guess I'll wait PlayStation open beta. August 14. And if good I'll preorder on my us account. Crazy that I can have the deluxe digital edition for the same price of the standard here. 70/80/90euros here in Europe when the most expensive is 80bucks /68euros on the us shop

OP
OP
Smooth Criminal
Oct 27, 2017
Went against my word and pre-ordered this today. Gonna play the hell out of the beta and doubt I'll cancel unless it's an almighty catastrofuck. September's just a less crowded time for me to get into this game compared to the launch period of PS5.

Namtox

Nov 3, 2017
I really hope this game announces full cross play support soon. It's a non exclusive, coop focused PVE title.

It should absolutely be a cross play but the silence on the topic is worrying. My group of friends are all buying the game on different platforms and the launch of new consoles soon doesn't help either.

JakeNoseIt

Catch My Drift
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Very tempted to pre order now to get in on the beta. verrrry tempted.

I did it lol. I've seen enough that I know me and my friends will have a blast. I know people really don't like service games around here, but I actually enjoy the casual gameplay loop of grinding for gear and customizing my hero. Know that the stream on Wednesday should have a lot of beta info in it, so maybe wait for that if you are on the fence.

Definitely maining Iron Man :D

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
Very tempted to pre order now to get in on the beta. verrrry tempted.
I thought I saw you can get into the beta without a pre-order at a later date.

It's like PS4 pre-orders first, then open PS4 but closed PC/Xbox, then open everything. Could be wrong, but there was a chart somewhere that broke it down.

I try not to pre-order stuff as a rule (at least if I'm not 100% sure I'll like it), so I wanted to try the Beta if for nothing else than as a demo to see if I'll like it enough to get it day 1.

Last edited:

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
I really hope this game announces full cross play support soon. It's a non exclusive, coop focused PVE title.

It should absolutely be a cross play but the silence on the topic is worrying. My group of friends are all buying the game on different platforms and the launch of new consoles soon doesn't help either.
Plus it has crossplay for PS4-PS5 and Xbox-Xbox, so no reason they can't extend that to include PC etc

Ghostfacedon

Apr 17, 2019
I need to go ahead and put my preorder in on ps4. Everything I've seem so far is...okay. I'm just hoping the beta is good and increases the hype a bit.

Mandalorian

Alt account
Banned
Jun 18, 2020
Pre-ordered on my PS4 and now I'll have to get on Steam as well, since not my friends own a console. Excited for July 29th.

ShabbadooJr

Oct 27, 2017
Omaha, NE
I'm super excited for this game. Rumor has it that another hero will be announced either at this War Table or next month's. I hope it's either Black Panther or Scarlet Witch.

Falus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Preordered on PS4 (pro). I always go one X but I need to play it with my friend and no cross play I guess :(. Glad we will have ps5 version for free upgrade

paid on us psn for 80 bucks which is 68e. The price of the classic edition on eu stores'

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
I've been looking forward to this. Show me loot, how different builds function, if there's a reason to keep going after you beat the story. High end stuff.

Son of Sparda

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
We get the first DLC character unveiled tomorrow right?
New hero was the first thing they showed when they talked about future news, so hopefully we'll get to see that.
Untitled-1.jpg

Speaking of which, most likely Ant-Man right? They've teased him a couple of times already. I hope for Scarlet Witch or Black Panther, but I think it'll be a while before we see either of them.

Oct 24, 2019
New hero was the first thing they showed when they talked about future news, so hopefully we'll get to see that.
Untitled-1.jpg

Speaking of which, most likely Ant-Man right? They've teased him a couple of times already. I hope for Scarlet Witch or Black Panther, but I think it'll be a while before we see either of them.

I think Ant-Man and Hawkeye are equally likely. Hawkeye's the only MCU founding member who's missing, and his bow kit should be pretty easy for Crystal to get done quickly given their experience with Tomb Raider. Ant-Man also would be easy to implement since they already have him modeled/voiced and both shrinking/growing effects in the base game

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
So like Marvel Heroes.
If this turns out half as good as Marvel Heroes was for me I will be over the moon. I will get all characters, I will buy all my favorite characters skins (hope they don't sell costumes, it's not a free to play game, but what am I going to do). I just hope Disney don't cut them off and force them to kill the game out of the blue (to us), making investments vanish.

Marvel Heroes was supposed to have had a 10 year contract. Gazillion was doing so good, got a new studio office space, but something must have happened, David Brevik quit, the new CEO was bad, they handled the console port bad worrying more about remaking the early missions for new players while giving dedicated players content. The new art for the remade bosses looked creepy and bad with it's realistic style over stylistic comic art.

k1iyszk.jpg

The below is about Marvel Heroes, and pressure they were probably under with a Marvel license. Maybe that Disney Marvel property fee will play into Avengers, and Spider-Man, but I doubt it since they are AAA and have massive marketing. Spider-Man is so darn safe though haha. They will make the money for the fee easily (Gazillion's fee "millions" per year apparently).

This is David Brevik (Diablo 1 and 2) talking about ARPPU (the average revenue per paying user), and the amount of money Marvel Heroes would make. It jumps in after he says "So the amount of money that a paying user would pay was through the roof... And by "through the roof" I meant on the order of less than $20." I had to pick a good spot for it to end. He talks about free to play, and the challenges a lot here. Marvel Heroes did Free To Play pretty well. I played it a ton and felt guilty for enjoying it so much without spending that I went ahead and bought storage space and costumes. Much like Path of Exiles, which his wife is playing in the clip. The question that started it is at 2:53:23 https://www.twitch.tv/videos/481196653?t=02h53m23s

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2017
I think Ant-Man and Hawkeye are equally likely. Hawkeye's the only MCU founding member who's missing, and his bow kit should be pretty easy for Crystal to get done quickly given their experience with Tomb Raider. Ant-Man also would be easy to implement since they already have him modeled/voiced and both shrinking/growing effects in the base game

Would guess Disney would not be encouraging anyone to use Hawkeye right now...

Sense

Oct 25, 2017
Cyberpunk and destiny delays should help this game do well in September if it is solid.