• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

gilded_Pb

Oct 27, 2017
There are things that I'm excited for about this game but it has almost nothing to do with what was shown. At this point Ultimate Alliance 3 looks like a far more exciting game.

Karthane

Mar 20, 2018
Reminds me of a licensed game. Wish they got away from the movie aesthetic and went full comic book

Balma

Oct 27, 2017
Terrible reveal. I suspect the boring va chat was just to buy time as they had nothing else to show of the game.

Jerm

The Fallen
Oct 31, 2017
God I knew as soon as other people were playing the heroes people would be bitching about it and here we are.

BlueKoopa

Apr 28, 2019
Indiana
I don't mind it at all. I think this looks fine, just poorly showcased. They're trying to market this to the MCU audience instead of what they should be doing which is marketing it to the Spider-Man PS4 audience.

Kaizer

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Terrible first impression, was it so hard to give us a solid 5-minute chunk of actual gameplay with UI? I still feel like I don't really know what the game plays like.

Shoichi

Jan 10, 2018
Pretty sure there was a good reason they didn't choose to have them look like their MCU counterparts, let alone voice them...That would have likely cost a fortune extra for that.

Deimos

Oct 25, 2017
The models aren't perfect but damn what an overreaction. Disappointed at no gameplay.

May 9, 2019
One thing I like about DC is that they don't make their movie universe overtake their other media. Like did we really need a MCU inspired game???

kirbyfan407

Oct 25, 2017
The exclusivity is frustrating, even as someone who will likely play on PS4.

I'm also frustrated that we're starting with the original Avengers, as the MCU more interesting for me personally after that. I'm also bummed that Ant-Man seems to be the next character they'll reveal as playable (or maybe the first DLC character).

With a release date that late, it seems inevitable that this is getting a next-gen console port. Before launch next year, I hope we hear what the plan will be for people who buy the original game and then want to upgrade to the next-gen version.

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
I think visually and story-wise it looks dope but we just didn't see enough gameplay from it. I don't even know how this game truly plays and I just mean basic combat. Went by way too quick.

I hope it's good but I guess we'll wait until the previews show up.

GlowingBovine

Prophet of Truth
Nov 27, 2017
It's always funny seeing people complain how a hero looks and sounds, because they don't match their expectations. It's no different than every time a new actor for Batman or Spider-Man is announced, and yet most of the time people wind up happy with how they turned out. I'm not wanting to play as Robert Downey Jr., I want to play as Iron Man, and I will gladly accept their version of these characters.

Deleted member 17403

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Graphically that looked pretty good and I guess the cuts between characters is supposed to portray that switching mechanic that shows heroes having their own individual, unique encounters during a mission. What was shown of gameplay looks good too. It seems that some people want to be unimpressed and disappointed.

Nateo

Oct 27, 2017
I think this is the issue, they decided to use the designs of the MCU but then completely change the characters faces and it makes everything seem weird as sh*t. If they had completely decided to be original with the designs I don't think it would be such an issue.
They didn't though. Iron Man looks like a total mix of Iron man and the Cyberman from Doctor Who AKA total shit. Captain America has gone fat and over complicated, Thor is a mix of his comic costumes but like a terrible mix, Hulk is Hulk and Black Widow is the only one that looks almost full movie.

Deleted member 4093

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The whole MUA3 voices sound way better than these. Its like they went to sony for voiceover help or something. Tony Stark look like the guy from Naughty Dogs

Relix

Oct 25, 2017
Looked like crap to me. Will give it a break, hopefully the gameplay is good enough.

Fiel

Oct 30, 2017
For me it looks good enough as i can understand this isnt single player focus game like spiderman. Producing new content will take too much time if graphic is too beautiful. There isnt any other heroes game like this so i guess this is going to sell regardless, for casual crowd this is enough. The character model is a bit off but okay.

Any collector edition yet?

bulletyen

Nov 12, 2017
Everything about this game is a huge turn off. The biggest mistake is the lack of likeness. If my guess is correct, at this point most people associate the Avengers with their movie likeness, especially if they're photoreal. SQ should have either acquired the likenesses properly, or went for a more stylized look instead of this off brand shit. They did it with KH and the pirates world, so why couldn't they do it here? Semi-famous voice actors are not gonna sell your movie license game to the casuals.

The other mistake is the collection of pure cinematic moments. I'm sure the game is more than that but the way it was edited gives us no idea about the flow of action, combat, and how much control the player has. SQ has jumped the shark and assumed people will buy anything just because of the brand. What a mess.

spad3

Oct 30, 2017
California
I've seen better character models for these heroes in mobile games.
Hell I've seen better character models for these heroes in FAN ART.

Let's hope there's a huge selection of costume changes cuz that set of defaults was HORSESHIT. (We see Iron Man's Space Suit briefly).

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
I just don't know about an Avengers game with this specific group. This is a seriously basic group. I know they'll add more, but I doubt they'll be in the story.

nycgamer4ever

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
It's going to take zome getting used to the faces not looking like the movies. Think I will pass. Not feeling it and not time for GAAS.

boontobias

Avenger
Apr 14, 2018
To me it resembles a AAA Lego game with what little I've seen: a linear game switching between characters and encountering obstacles and setpieces

But every description makes it sound like Destiny with open environments and unique hero abilities. So weird

Pabz

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah the game gonna need this next year in the oven. Did not look ready to go yet

Pilgrimzero

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Woo Lebowski Thor lives!

Looked terrible. Whats with this models? COuld they not even use the comic book likenesses?
And ugh at the voices...

Kurdel

Nov 7, 2017
Also, 5 year time skip after defeat?

Coming so close after Endgame, no one bothered to tell them we JUST had one of the biggest movies EVER explore these themes?

It's like blending Civil War and Endgame, not at all excited for this