• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
OP
OP
Theorry

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
CG spot, not real gameplay

Makes people reacting to something happening in the spot with a controller in their hands.

:P

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
This looks so fun & colorful. Now I wish the actual game had a bit more of this trailer's feel.

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
They should have leaned into the comic book cheese like this TV spot promises.

Instead we have a sterile realistic disappointment. Truly a game for 2020.

Fezan

Oct 26, 2017
Man I know this is pretenders bit I wish actual colours of the game were this poping

ThiefofDreams

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I am 100% on board with this game, have had a massive amount of fun and have a solid group of people to play with...

BUT

I am a little concerned that it seems all of the regular enemies are robots and I'm not sure how I feel about that variety.

AntiMacro

Oct 27, 2017
Alberta
The more realistic it looks the more disturbing Kamala's giant hands get for me. Not sure why, they just look so freaky when they're realistic.

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
I am 100% on board with this game, have had a massive amount of fun and have a solid group of people to play with...

BUT

I am a little concerned that it seems all of the regular enemies are robots and I'm not sure how I feel about that variety.

there was this interview where they said that there will be more variety in the final game

Wccftech: Similarly, in terms of objective and enemy type variety, the Marvel's Avengers beta seemed a bit limited.

Vince Napoli: In the beta, that's level limited. The way the enemies work in Marvel's Avengers actually is that we introduce them by both the region, the space you're in, and the level as well so that at the higher power levels you're not seeing the same enemies again, we didn't want that to be the effect. Very consciously we 'un-gate them' by tier. In the beta, the power cap is 45, so you're basically seeing everything that is onto that tier.

Wccftech: So we can expect more variety in the final game?

Vince Napoli:
For sure.

wccftech.com

The Big Marvel's Avengers Interview - Crystal Dynamics on Endgame, Polish, and Spider-Man

We've sat down to interview Vince Napoli and Shaun Escayg from Crystal Dynamics to discuss Marvel's Avengers at great length.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Then been airing a much more generic commercial on tv

Party

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Dec 3, 2018
Did black widow do anything in that trailer? Also gonna disagree with all the takes in here and say that trailer actually looked pretty representative of the game's feel.

Lady Bow

Nov 30, 2017
This shot was pretty clever. 😯

pD52Ale.jpg

chairhome

Oct 27, 2017
Orlando
I'm a bit on the fence with this one, but might pre-order from Best Buy (they're giving a $10 gc with purchase).
Does anyone know when reviews will drop?

Callibretto

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
Black Widow didn't even get her hero moment, lol. I was watching it again just to make sure and she's not doing anything cool. Maybe this is just shorter version and there will be longer version with proper Black Widow action in it.

ThatMeanScene

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
Really neat looking trailer that does not represent the game's gameplay at all. lol

And Hulk is looking suspiciously like Ruffalo/MCU Hulk in this. 🤔

Mandalorian

Alt account
Banned
Jun 18, 2020
Really neat looking trailer that does not represent the game's gameplay at all. lol

And Hulk is looking suspiciously like Ruffalo/MCU Hulk in this.
I strongly disagree with this seemingly consensus here. It's a super produced CG trailer for sure, but it represents and encapsulates the feeling of the multiplayer gameplay quite well, especially the interaction between the characters when in combat.

As far as cg trailers go, this does represent the game as well as this one, imho (curiously, Marvel's Spider-Man last trailer before the release was also a CG spot):

With the caveat that the Avengers trailer actually represents the coop feeling I get from the game very well.

panda-zebra

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
CG spot, not real gameplay

Makes people reacting to something happening in the spot with a controller in their hands.

:P
Yeah, I don't mind a nice CG ad just before a game drops, but the players/reactions & joypads not only spoil the action but also do nothing but mislead. One or the other, not both.