• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

I need a hero bum bum bum bum!

• Captain America

Votes: 94 33.2%
  • Thor

Votes: 63 22.3%
  • Iron Man

Votes: 51 18.0%
  • Hulk

Votes: 38 13.4%
  • Black Widow

Votes: 62 21.9%
  • Ms. Marvel

Votes: 66 23.3%
  • Forbush Man - I don't have the game, but I want to vote on something.

Votes: 40 14.1%

• Total voters

Pilgrimzero

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Of the current hero's who do you play as when able? Main and second choice

So pickup to TWO options if you wish.

Team_Feisar

Jan 16, 2018
My man

e024a681b58cbf3b8236f4dda9be631d.jpg

Rynam

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kamala and Steve for me personally so far, liking them most. Dont like Banner at all, havent played much with Thor, Anthony or Natasha yet.

S1kkZ

Oct 27, 2017
captain america is the only way to go. he is by far the most fun character to use. the shield mechanic is probably the most fun gameplay element in a third person action game of this console generation (for me!).

secondary is probably iron man, because his range options are fantastic.

Ocirus

Dec 4, 2017
I've been maining Cap, while my wife is maining Widow. I'd say my secondary is Hulk (he is super fun) while her secondary is between Kamala and Thor... Probably Thor?

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
Iron Man, because that's my favorite character. After that it's a three-way tie between Black Widow, Captain America, and Thor. then Ms. Marvel. And Hulk dead last. He's not bad, but fuck that guy.

Spidey

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Playing with Kamala 90% of the time, will switch it up more once I hit 150 power level with her.

RecLib

Oct 27, 2017
Kamala has been my favourite to use but captain america is very fun on a full ranged build where you just slam people to death with his shield.

Greywaren

Jul 16, 2019
Spain
I don't really have "mains", but Cap and Widow are my favorites so far. I really enjoy all of them, though, they're all very unique and fun to play as.

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
Ms. Marvel is insanely good. I haven't had time to branch out to more than her and Iron Man. When I max gear them both I will head over to Black Widow. Kamala can party heal like crazy btw, too valuable, especially self raise. Build her to stun damage, get heroic orbs on take downs (stunned enemy action), and get a lasting health regen effect on your heal heroic, it's a "cycle of stunning and healing".

Iron Man is very good, I'm so used to his flying modes that it's second nature to me now.

I'm very much waiting on Hawkguy or Kate. I loved them in Marvel Heroes (they were the same character but changed by the Kate costume which had animations and voice to go along with it).

Last edited:

Baron Von Beans

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Iron Man and my number 1, but it's a toss up between cap and Thor for number 2. Hulk is fun, but I gotta level him up more

Tragicomedy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Widow main, she's at 140 now and just a beast in general. I really do wish for matchmaking to get fixed so I can try out a full ranged build, but it's just not a fun option with AI teammates. Way too much focus fire my direction. But her invisibility melee build with constant takedowns and heroic orb spawning is ace. Lots of mobility, control, and damage.

I've been slowly bringing up Captain America as my alt so far. He's fun and tanky, but feels lacking in mobility compared to Widow. I'm also dabbling a bit with Thor and Ms. Marvel.

Since I can't really use matchmaking on PS4 successfully, I think it's imperative to bring at least 3x companions up on levels and gear. I've noticed significant improvement in clearing speed since doing that.

JakeNoseIt

Catch My Drift
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Iron Man is my main. I love investing into ranged attack and just flying around trying not to get hit and blowing everything up with my rockets. His defensive options feel unique, and I love what his heroics offer, but it's just cool flying around and switching between weapons and getting that Iron Man experience.

My secondary is Captain America. I think I MIGHT be forced to switch to him in late game. He's tankier and can sustain himself in the mix a little better than what a glass cannon Iron Man allows. Defense seems really important in endgame, so I could see myself opting for Cap's kit. His support heroic is something I still need to understand how to best utilize. His other heroics perform really well for me. Aside from travel speed, he's fast and can move between enemies well too. My favorite thing with Cap though is the shield. After upgrading it, you can block and reflect SO MUCH and it really changes your options and the feel of the game. So fun.

I also enjoy playing Hulk, and then Thor after that. Hulk's issue for me is simply that he's too big and it bothers my brain haha. Hulk's rage is SO fun though and being able to always get health back like that is awesome. Thor is really fun, but waiting for the hammer to come back after a throw or the little start up to flying in the air is too much for my Iron Man sensibilities.

Kamala is really fun, but I think I prefer Cap's kit, even if embiggen is one of the most fun things in the game.

The only character I can't wrap my head around is Black Widow. I just don't like zipping around with the grapple and that feels so central to her playstyle. Similarly, invisibility and widow's bite just aren't FUN for me.

Snake__

Jan 8, 2020
Captain America
that shield feels so fucking good
Still trying to pick a second character

Deleted member 8468

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Iron Man is my only max level. I really love his kit, the weapon switching, the flight (once I got used to it) etc. He's definitely clicked more than the other heroes.

So far I'm liking Thor and Black Widow quite a bit, I'm working on their quests and filling out the skill tree. It's kind of a shame you don't get a good feel for the characters until they're leveled up quite a bit, which doesn't really happen during the story.

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Black Widow. It's the most "Bayo/DMC-like action game" gameplay, especially being the fastest and more aerial juggle focused character, and her hook makes you able to non stop combo enemies.

Surprised Cap is winning, he feels the most bland to me.

Scuffed

Oct 28, 2017
Iron Man is kind of my main and Kamala is probably second for me but honestly I like all of them. Hulk was the only one that I didn't like as much but after leveling him he is starting to get really strong.

Tragicomedy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Black Widow. It's the most "action game" gameplay, especially being the fastest and more aerial juggle focused character.

Surprised Cap is winning, he feels the most bland to me.

He's tanky AF and involves smashing your shield, taunting a bunch of enemies to come after you, and then blocking and retaliating against them. Also, permanent Brooklyn Brawler, fast attack spamming, and lots of takedowns.

I prefer Widow, too, but Cap is in many ways the opposite of her playstyle which is why he is my alt.

Phoenixazure

Oct 27, 2017
Kamala has just clicked with me the most since her stretchly limbs just make her great at AOE control with an amazing AOE Heal as well. Cap is just a great Damage Dealer and Offtank in a pinch with solid buffs as well.

I'm hoping they do good with Kate Bishop with her melee attacks as it can make or break the character. Wondering if She'll have a different selection of Arrows or would that be more Clint Barton's schtick and have Kate focus more on her teleporting stuff.

est1992

Oct 27, 2017
Cap is my main. Don't have a secondary yet but leveling up Thor and Iron Man has been fun so far. Widow and Kamala are also great. It's hard to choose lol everyone is dope

kamineko

Linked the Fire
Oct 25, 2017
Accardi-by-the-Sea
Just black widow

I've only done the others to complete iconic missions

e: i have her as a total glass cannon. 200 intensity, no resilience or resolve, heroic-takedown-heroic loop

Last edited:

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
He's tanky AF and involves smashing your shield, taunting a bunch of enemies to come after you, and then blocking and retaliating against them. Also, permanent Brooklyn Brawler, fast attack spamming, and lots of takedowns.

I prefer Widow, too, but Cap is in many ways the opposite of her playstyle which is why he is my alt.

All of that are done better by other heroes than Cap IMO, but I guess the appeal of Cap is that he's jack of all trades character.

QisTopTier

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Ms.Marvel and Hulk aka the two most important characters :P

All of that are done better by other heroes than Cap IMO, but I guess the appeal of Cap is that he's jack of all trades character.
He's an offensive support tank or offensive support dps.

Problem is Hulk dunks on Caps ability to tank from so high that tank cap might as well not exist. DPS cap is still good though.

Last edited:

Dodgerfan74

Dec 27, 2017
Iron man, Widow, then Thor.

Thor seems hilariously overpowered compared to the rest of the cast. You basically kill everything in the area just by existing after a combo or two and have immunity to the game's primary difficulty mechanic, ranged spam, through your Odinforce.

It's sad how both unfun and weak Hulk feels. He has the fewest moves and just feels so goddamn slow.

QisTopTier

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Iron man, Widow, then Thor.

Thor seems hilariously overpowered compared to the rest of the cast. You basically kill everything in the area just by existing after a combo or two and have immunity to the game's primary difficulty mechanic, ranged spam, through your Odinforce.

It's sad how both unfun and weak Hulk feels. He has the fewest moves and just feels so goddamn slow.
Hulk isn't weak at all he's insanely strong. Gear matters a ton for him

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Other than hulk this is a pretty even split. Props to the devs for creating some well rounded characters.

hydruxo

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
tumblr_pu3inp33tG1ths7h3o4_500.gifv

Cap is my main. He can clear out whole rooms with shield throw combos like it's nothing. Then he has Rally Cry / Brooklyn Brawler to melt down the tankier enemies, and can generate tons of heroic orbs to have the abilities up constantly. I just wish he could hack / smash breakable doors for chests, otherwise he's my favorite by far.

Next favorites are: Widow > Thor > Iron Man > Kamala >>>> Hulk

Steelrain

Oct 25, 2017
I main Black Widow and second Cap. I'm still going through the roster leveling folks though so I could see it change. I'm working on Iron Man now and Tony hits like a truck at range and has some good utility in regards to spreading statuses/staggering folks and AOE.

I still have Thor/Hulk/Kamala to spend some time with so we'll see! Loving this game.

Sheng Long

Oct 27, 2017
Earth
Iron Man main. Haven't really decided on secondary...either Ms. Marvel, Cap, or Widow. Thor and Hulk haven't jived with me yet.

Lady Bow

Nov 30, 2017
Kamala is my main, love the character and her diverse moveset. Gonna try out leveling Hulk after I fully power her up.

Sunnz

Apr 16, 2019
Iron Man main, Thor or capt America second not sure yet. Iron Man is just so amazing once your understand and utilise all his abilities properly, especially swapping the powers. So cool to play and I think captures the feeling very well.