• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which platform are you playing Marvel's Avengers on?

• PS4/PS5

Votes: 1,266 41.2%
  • Xbox One/Xbox Series X

Votes: 285 9.3%
  • PC (Steam/Stadia)

Votes: 420 13.7%
  • I'm not planning on playing the game/Don't know yet

Votes: 1,194 38.9%

• Total voters
Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta GA
But still, as long as their moveset is truly different enough to really feel like their own character, then I guess that's pretty great.

yeah, they're gonna share a general feel with their counterpart characters, maybe some basic moves will be similar, but they should have some stark contrasts. Hawkeye appears to have a sword in his trailer, Kate doesn't.

Cuburger

Oct 28, 2017
Carol is associated with the Kree, so unless the Kree is involved within the Avengers Initiative, we're not getting her. Every post-launch hero has a story and villain tied to them.
Kamala is tied to Carol and I think they've shown Captain Marvel related swag that Kamala has so I bet she'll come eventually.

Oct 25, 2017
I just got to the Tony part of the campaign, and I think Nolan North does a great job in the cut scenes. I like his characterization there. My problem is with the battle dialogue.

thonerayman

Oct 27, 2017
His biggest trait in the comics now is always being wrong, let's be fair.

He's a less worse Beast

To be fair I've not read an Iron man comic since Doom was in his series post Secret Wars 2. But that was some good stuff.

Actually I did read Civil War 2, and thought he was decent in that. But nothing after.

xChildofhatex

Oct 25, 2017
I like how Kamala and her father talk in a mix of English and mother tongue in the opening cinematic. Reminds me of Spiderverse but slightly better coz I actually understand the meaning of the words in this case.

Party

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Dec 3, 2018
I was really worried the post launch character arcs and story updates were going to be warzone missions with some ancillary dialogue beforehand for the next couple months. I am so incredibly hyped to see the post launch story seems so fleshed out and just as well produced as the main campaign. As a primarily solo player I hope I can just keep getting quality Marvel story content out of this for years.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
Quipping wasn't something RDJ made up. After the "Demon in a Bottle" era, Tony became a much more fun and funnier character character.

Well, no. One, all superheroes have quips. You're expected to do snappy banter the moment you wear a costume. I have no idea why people think that's an MCU thing when it's a superhero thing.

And no, Tony wasn't "more fun" after the Demon in a Bottle era, unless that era lasted from the late 70's to 2008. He was serious businessman until RDJ came along, and only when he put on the suit did he have a lot of witty comebacks.

thonerayman

Oct 27, 2017
Well, no. One, all superheroes have quips. You're expected to do snappy banter the moment you wear a costume. I have no idea why people think that's an MCU thing when it's a superhero thing.

And no, Tony wasn't "more fun" after the Demon in a Bottle era, unless that era lasted from the late 70's to 2008. He was serious businessman until RDJ came along, and only when he put on the suit did he have a lot of witty comebacks.

Right off the top of my head I can point to OG Civil War which was 2 years before RDJ took the mantel. He had great comebacks during that.

Edit: Even in the early 90's he was quick witted in the animated series and in Spidermans' show. My memory is crap so I had to think more on this.

m4st4

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Can someone please help me out with this?

How do I see my time played in Avengers, on PS4?

I hated when I had to use 3rd party apps for Destiny just to check my time, and can't find it here either.

Team_Feisar

Jan 16, 2018
Aww I was hoping for captain marvel...

My guess is they'll have a bigger "cosmic" event that features her as the lead new character next to maybe 1 or 2 GotG

Last edited:

Watchtower

Oct 27, 2017

The Marvel's Avengers WAR TABLE also revealed a new post-launch Hero coming as part of the game's Avengers Initiative, Kate Bishop. Kate's Operation, "Taking AIM," kicks off in late October featuring a new villain and new mystery. Bishop, who is mentored by Clint Barton, comes with distinct Heroic Skills and takedowns that only an Olympic-caliber gymnast and master archer like Kate can pull off.

Kate Bishop will be the first new Hero introduced to Marvel's Avengers after its launch on September 4. Taking AIM's story begins shortly after the conclusion of the game's Reassemble campaign and is just the first half of the two Hawkeyes' Story Arc. Clint Barton's Hawkeye takes the stage in November to complete the double-feature and lay the groundwork for what's next.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
Right off the top of my head I can point to OG Civil War which was 2 years before RDJ took the mantel. He had great comebacks during that.

Edit: Even in the early 90's he was quick witted in the animated series and in Spidermans' show. My memory is crap so I had to think more on this.

Civil War is arguably the most out of character Tony Stark's ever been written. If we wanna include that we can also add the Bendis era of Avengers where everyone is very much a quip machine.

But like I said, it's kind of walking a fine line. Superheroes constantly have jokes in costume.

NeptunePirate

Nov 1, 2017
I am loving the full game immensely so far. My only drawback right now, is that on certain missions, it just feels like you're completely bombarded with enemies/range attacks/etc. I'm getting taken down easily because it's hard to keep up with the amount of flashes for dodges. I had the same problem with the beta at times. I probably just need to get better.

Can someone please help me out with this?

How do I see my time played in Avengers, on PS4?

I hated when I had to use 3rd party apps for Destiny just to check my time, and can't find it here either.
Don't think there is a way sadly.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
It's good that I subscribed to Marvel Unlimited recently, you need something to do while you wait 10+ minutes in the matchmaking screen.

Edit:
Oh lol and now the game hard crashed in the matchmaking screen.

JamboGT

Vehicle Handling Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
So, have read through the last few pages and am struggling to get an idea of how the game is. People seemed iffy about the beta but I guess I still have some interest.

Son of Sparda

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Wait, so the Secret AIM Lab mission that they announced were actually the Raid counter part that they were teasing before?
Players looking to test their mettle will look forward to teaming up with three friends to tackle AIM's Secret Lab, a mission only accessible after reaching the game's highest power levels. Available once a week, the AIM Secret Lab raid will culminate in a massive boss fight influenced by how well players' teams performed throughout the mission.

ThiefofDreams

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Does anyone know how pinging works? Does it only function when you're in a group with other players? I'm on ps4 if it matters.

Noisepurge

Oct 25, 2017
Uuugghhh, they did not add "Just regular ass subtitles" -option :( who thought this audio description only was a good idea...

Absoludacrous

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

spyroflame0487

One Winged Slayer
Nov 3, 2017
Have they hinted at the villain released with Kate?
Probably that woman who was in the trailer? I'm not placing her from the comics so either she's an original character or a different take on someone else.

For those of you playing:
- Are the red Verizon outfits available now? I keep checking Verizon UP but haven't seen them yet. Maybe on actual launch day?
- Is playing with friends any easier than the beta? I had a really hard time getting in with my friend to play because the menus were all super confusing.
- Are there any story related things we can do together or just open ended missions we do for multiplayer? I really liked progressing the map together with my friend in The Division 2, but i also didn't mind the missions we did in the beta. Are there more secret areas to unlock? Different variables on the missions for replayability?

MadLaughter

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So the DLC characters come with $10 character cards (battle passes)

As far as I know these:
-Don't expire
-can give you (enough?) currency towards a future character card
-give multiple skins?

Are there also free character cards for DLC characters or is it just the paid ones?

Naru

May 11, 2019
I don't have friends to play with, so my question is: is coop easy to do, drop-in drop-out without too much waiting and most of all is it fun?!

Greywaren

Jul 16, 2019
Spain
Ah, fuck it, I'm in. Just preordered and very excited for Friday. Kate Bishop and the good impressions on the campaign pushed me over the edge. The promise of more quality content in the future helped a lot in making this decision, too.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Quick question, since I try to use my skins realistically in the campaign, is there a point where I get the new costume Tony was talking about to Kamala or should I use one of my others now?

Hagi

Oct 25, 2017
Campaign is really cool so far just a little passed the A Day section that everyone has seen a million times. The first like 30 minutes completely sold me on this to be honest I loved that section. Kamala is great in the comics and this.

Soggoth

Oct 29, 2017
So what's up with comic books collectibles. Are they bugged? After seing the given collection for the first time with all the covers next time I enter it there are no covers visible, just empty screen in the middle...

Oct 29, 2017
So the DLC characters come with $10 character cards (battle passes)

As far as I know these:
-Don't expire
-can give you (enough?) currency towards a future character card
-give multiple skins?

Are there also free character cards for DLC characters or is it just the paid ones?
They cost 1000 credits each and you earn 1300 from them.
They don't expire.
They give you multiple skins alongside nameplates, finishers, resources and the aforementioned credits.

I don't think there are free versions of them for the new characters but all 6 of the launch heroes have the cards for free so you can earn enough for the new ones from just getting through those.

MadLaughter

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
They cost 1000 credits each and you earn 1300 from them.
They don't expire.
They give you multiple skins alongside nameplates, finishers, resources and the aforementioned credits.

I don't think there are free versions of them for the new characters but all 6 of the launch heroes have the cards for free so you can earn enough for the new ones from just getting through those.

Awesome, thanks!

excaliburps

MP1ST
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Does Iron man have any emote related to alcoholism?
I can't believe no one replied to this. Made me LOL! If only! "Iron Man Alcoholic Pack" Drunk emote, sloppy suit, and broken ass Iron Man armor all for only $15!" Haha!

It was overwhelmingly positive for everything before the WarTable, first 30 or so pages is everyone talking up how amazing the campaign is.
It still is, no? I mean from a gameplay perspective, it is fun. Why are people annoyed at the War Table reveal? Because we got Kate instead of She Hulk or Danvers?

Post-launch content confirmed:
AIM Secret Labs that rotate every week (raids) and need endgame gear
Mega Hives are like horde mode that has you using every hero until they die (seems like solo play, yes)
Villain Sectors - this one was the most confusing. Even the press release didn't explain whether this is weekly, daily etc.

I'm aware of those speculations, but the press release is saying that the Secret Labs are Raids.

Is this like an actual tweet or report or people conjecturing? O_o I wasn't aware they held back anything due to the death and all.

Datrael

Oct 25, 2017
Anybody that has leveled up hulk quite a bit. How does she feel to play later on? For me it seems kind of like a struggle, when comparing to iton man or thor for example.

Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone else find themselves occasionally yelling "Get on the ground you metal piece of shit!" at Tony when he's decided that he'd rather just get hit in the air over and over instead of actually fighting?

No? Just me?

Durden

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
What does the "request companion" thing do? I missed the description and I don't want matchmaking right now.