• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which platform are you playing Marvel's Avengers on?

• PS4/PS5

Votes: 1,266 41.2%
  • Xbox One/Xbox Series X

Votes: 285 9.3%
  • PC (Steam/Stadia)

Votes: 420 13.7%
  • I'm not planning on playing the game/Don't know yet

Votes: 1,194 38.9%

• Total voters

MadMike

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not very far in, but I'm digging the campaign so far. The intro mission before the bridge section was charming. I had a big dumb grin on my face the whole time. I didn't especially care about Kamala before, but now I do.

thonerayman

Oct 27, 2017
Made it to the beta mission and calling it a night. The game is a marvel fans dream. Doing the story from Khamla's pov was genius, pure and utter genius.

EekumBokum

Oct 25, 2017
The campaign is that good? It's noticeably better than the beta missions? Feels like all I've seen is high praise, which is awesome but surprising.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit man this scene with
Kamala and Banner in the RV.
😂😂😂😂

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Urgh, it still has the same bug from the beta....

I play it on English audio on one night, come back the next day and the audio is in German while the option setting is still on English. Come on square enix....

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
I think we're going to wind up with more characters revealed tomorrow than people are thinking. If you can grind your way into having enough money to buy the battle passes for six characters, then effectively six characters are "free" for the most hard core players. They've got to have enough characters to make people want to pay for battle passes, not just get them for free.

m4st4

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Man what is this trickery?

Campaign is awesome!

Everything looks superpolished and fancy.

All of the actors are doing a great job, especially Kamala's actress.

This is already miles better than Destiny 1, Day 1. Bravo Crystal team.

Soj

Oct 27, 2017
I spent over an hour playing Kamala's intro just drinking in the details.

Probably the coolest game opening I've experienced since Mass Effect 2.

dreamfall

Oct 25, 2017
So for the challenge card do you have to buy the first level to start unlocking progress on it? Been playing as Black Widow but it's still at 0% as I'm level 4.

AnimeJesus

Oct 27, 2017
So this isn't really the type of gaas game people were expecting and more of a single player with coop mp added...compared to something like Destiny.

Pat002

Banned
Dec 4, 2019
So this isn't really the type of gaas game people were expecting and more of a single player with coop mp added...compared to something like Destiny.
The game is and will be a GaaS looter still, but the campaign is a full fledged one with unique destinations and levels that you won't see again (contrary to Destiny, Anthem, Division ecc where the missions were in the OW zones) with good writing, REALLY good voice acting and a variety of design.

Since it's a GaaS i expect them to deliver on what matters: grind, gear and endgame content. But if you can have also a great single player side, then it's all going to be easier (FFXIV as a prime example).

Lady Bow

Nov 30, 2017
All this wonderful praise for the campaign is going to make the wait excruciating for my copy to arrive tomorrow. ;o

GeorgeR

Nov 19, 2019
Did you receive the 1000 credits from the digital deluxe immediately?? I haven't received them yet and I got all the other stuff.

ThiefofDreams

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I quite back to the main menu then everything popped. Someone mentioned earlier that renewing game licenses help as well. For me though just quiting to the main menu did it.

Datrael

Shinra Employee
Oct 25, 2017
My physical deluxe edition code isn't working on the square enix avengera site. Anyone else having this problem?

Jolkien

Oct 25, 2017
Anchorage/Alaska
All the praise the campaign is getting is making it hard to wait until Wednesday. If I play this morning after my shift I'm too scared I'll be tempted to call off and just play lol

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
I think Crystal Dynamics really just wanted to make an endless runner but they got strong armed into making a AAA action game.

Soj

Oct 27, 2017
Holy shit, turning camera shake off makes a huge difference.

Now let me turn down the motion blur.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Image quality looks sharper in the 4K mode than it did in the Beta AND performance is waaaay smoother. PS4 Pro. Pretty damn impressive.

Unfortunately, all special/light/particle effects still look like shit because they have this smearing effect.
Pixelsharp particle effects would look so beautiful, I have no idea what they were thinking here. Whenever Thor's hammer has the electro effect it looks like it's coming from the Dreams engine because it kinda has the same look. :D

Falus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I can play the game. But I have no bonus from deluxe edition. No dlc. Why ? This is releasing on 4th ? Obsidian pack

Rahvar

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Most Lost
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Ok. Have to go to work. Injust unlocked vendors and the campaign is amazing so far. Enjoy playing as all the characters as well

Team_Feisar

Jan 16, 2018
OK, campaign is much better than anticipated, all the characters feel good to play and everything looks and runs better than in the Beta.
Only actual concern right now is enemy variety.

Marketing really somehow fucked up with this one didn't it?