• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
There are literally takedowns in the game that rip off robot heads. Those takedowns are programmed so they can not happen on human enemies.
What that means is they always need to provide robot enemies or "non gory" enemies in some way or else those takedowns will never show up, thereby meaning people paid/grinded for nothing.
Robots/non human enemies are 100% here to stay. Maybe not always AIM, but some capacity.

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Seeing how the deep dive only focused on the PS5 version and Hawkeye, it currently feels they are tying loose ends by delivering the content they promised and nothing else. I just can't believe a company could be so far their own asses to not look at forums/reddit/twitter and see the outrage of people requesting at least a barebone roadmap after weeks and weeks of "dev streams" that pretty much never delivered any consequent news.
They did read reddit and were quite active there. Then some devs got doxxed and got death threats etc... and they pulled out.
They also have repeatedly answered about the roadmap that they WANT to provide a roadmap but "the management" is not allowing them to until they have the roadmap dates 110% set in stone.

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
The advanced physics marketed for Intel CPUs months ago won't be available on current-gen consoles? A shame. that is the only thing that looked as a next-gen upgrade for this game.

Also when is Spider-Man for PlayStation platforms?

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017
The irony is that there is no way I'd install the PS5 version, since it eats up valuable internal SSD. I have the PS4 version and will update it and try it out sometime I guess, I still haven't run the Kate Bishop stuff but maybe a big patch would make me take it for a spin.

oh god I hope the system doesn't auto download the PS5 version at night or something

Yippiekai

The Fallen
May 28, 2018
Toulouse, France
They did read reddit and were quite active there. Then some devs got doxxed and got death threats etc... and they pulled out.
They also have repeatedly answered about the roadmap that they WANT to provide a roadmap but "the management" is not allowing them to until they have the roadmap dates 110% set in stone.

They still do regular streams so I don't see how death threats or doxxing stopped them in any way.
The issue isn't that they are not there, it's that they tend to congratulate themselves a shit ton while the main questions stay unanswered every time they do it.
Also they could just acknowledge the issues raised by the players and answer them in their blog posts. They can't even do that.

The "management" excuse is a joke at this point. They went from overpromising with the next-gen versions, Hawkeye, Kate and Black Panther to just nothing. No one expects them to put a roadmap for the next three years. People just want to know if the game will just end as bad as it is right now or not. And they are not even capable of coming and say that they don't plan on dropping the game after the next month release.

Candescence

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What is it with GAAS games and just re-using the same enemies to a ludicrous degree? This is just Destiny's "Here are the Fallen again - with new hats!" all over again.

Switch-exclusive Ultimate Alliance 3 had an amazing array of baddies from across the Marvel spectrum. Why can't a AAA game commit to more than six robots literally nobody has any fondness for?
Warframe is F2P but Digital Extremes still introduces new enemy types every so often. It can't be that hard to increase enemy variety in meaningful ways, for pete's sake.

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
Warframe is F2P but Digital Extremes still introduces new enemy types every so often. It can't be that hard to increase enemy variety in meaningful ways, for pete's sake.

Yeah. It's insane how a modest company can run a F2P Dark Sector spin-off and add so much legitimately fresh content, but two companies backed by (formerly) Activision and Disney/Square Enix somehow can't match their pace/output.

VinFTW

Oct 25, 2017
I have no problems skipping this altogether after the lukewarm reception at launch especially after how awful of a taste in my mouth the exclusive content gave me, tis a shame

And as others mentioned, my SSD space is so valuable on PS5, not going to delete stuff just for this. Sad reality.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Well my prediction that they'd use the delayed next gen update to soft relaunch/reboot the game was wildly off base.

Seems like your typical next gen patch. Was hoping for bigger things! Don't expect this is going to move the needle for the game much.

Kimaris

Banned
Nov 20, 2017
Lol at them reusing Taskmaster. I never would've touched this game had I known they would have this much trouble adding more villains

Candescence

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah. It's insane how a modest company can run a F2P Dark Sector spin-off and add so much legitimately fresh content, but two companies backed by (formerly) Activision and Disney/Square Enix somehow can't match their pace/output.
Seriously, would it kill Bungie at this point to add a fishing minigame?

There's also Phantasy Star Online 2, which has introduced a whole bunch of new enemy types with each new episode, but that game's been around for a long time now.

Lol at them reusing Taskmaster. I never would've touched this game had I known they would have this much trouble adding more villains
Taskmaster is like a terrible villain to use as a damage sponge boss. Like... Why.

Like, there are so many Marvel villains who could feasibly take way more hits.

est1992

Oct 27, 2017
Taskmaster is like a terrible villain to use as a damage sponge boss. Like... Why.

Like, there are so many Marvel villains who could feasibly take way more hits.
This. When I first heard of Taskmaster I thought we'd get something similar to Spider-Man where he would counter your moves and learn as the fight went on, but he's really just a damage sponge that does similar moves to the Avengers.

The whole Marvel catalogue at their disposal and that's what we get, smh.

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
wKoNwE2.png

I'll stick with Highest Performance Mode next month. Does spatial audio have anything to do with the 3D audio some PS5 games are meant to have or is that something else?

Edit: Xbox

qd50sxna5xh61.jpg

TheYanger

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Man if they can't announce crossplay I sadly have no interest. My PC runs the game better than a ps5 or xsx ever will, but the playerbase is dead, and I'm not paying for it again

Dodgerfan74

Dec 27, 2017
So not only they are way behind in terms of adding interesting stuff to the game, but they actively try to make it harder for players to engage with the daily/weekly challenges (presumably) in hope of selling more MTXs? Yea, I think I'm good CD/SE.

Nerf anything that ever benefits players, no matter how shockingly slow and shallow your content drip is currently. At least they learned something from the rest of the genre.

Shirkelton

Aug 20, 2020
I'm the rube that actually really enjoyed the core gameplay in this game, I'll check out the next gen update for sure.

Calvin

Oct 26, 2017
Man if they can't announce crossplay I sadly have no interest. My PC runs the game better than a ps5 or xsx ever will, but the playerbase is dead, and I'm not paying for it again
I actually own it on both systems, but vastly prefer playing it on PC for the reasons above plus can use M/KB for Iron Man and Thor which makes flight much easier (plus 100+ fps, etc). Also a lot easier for me to grind during the day in between meetings, etc vs playing on PS5 hooked up to my big OLED which I typically on use at night. Really bummed that there is no cross play.

It's really actively making me not sure I want to play even though I actually do want to keep playing! I even held off on the kate bishop stuff waiting to see what they announced and now I am kind of lost as to which platform to stay on and if I should continue. Sucks because I actually like the characters, the combat, and the underlying systems. Any advice peeps?

Last edited:

Mory Dunz

Oct 25, 2017
if you own it for ps4 digital, is the upgrade for PS5 to get the "native" features the free one?

DoradoWinston

Apr 9, 2019
Ill pick it up when it goes on a deeper sale to run thru the campaign

Probably will end up playing it on Series X which sucks be cause the one Marvel character that is #1 for me (and its not even close) is Spider-Man and he isnt even close to being out on PS5 yet it seems...

Soj

Oct 27, 2017
I still can't believe this is another month away.

I love how this game plays but the content and reward for doing it just aren't there. I've unlocked everything apart from a handful of nameplates and all my characters are fully geared up.

For the past two months, I've mainly just been running the same villain sector, throwing Taskmaster off the roof over and over to farm DNA keys.

There is nothing to do.

MadMike

Oct 27, 2017
So is the NextGen Xbox 60fps @ 4k or 30fps like the ps5? Slightly confused by the way they have it.

Is the Xbox the quality mode of the ps5 and also 4k? Because there isn't seperate modes. Or is 60 fps only on PS5?

Can't imagine it would be stuck at 30 on Xbox XS. Maybe they don't need checkerboarding to reach the target resolution/performance and just run at 60 by default.

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
Well my prediction that they'd use the delayed next gen update to soft relaunch/reboot the game was wildly off base.

Seems like your typical next gen patch. Was hoping for bigger things! Don't expect this is going to move the needle for the game much.
They were never going to be able to pivot and soft relaunch in that little amount of time. They would have had to have been willing to go dark for like a year to do anything significant. Especially at the pace they've been going with COVID.

RedHeat

Oct 25, 2017
wKoNwE2.png

I'll stick with Highest Performance Mode next month. Does spatial audio have anything to do with the 3D audio some PS5 games are meant to have or is that something else?

Edit: Xbox

qd50sxna5xh61.jpg
So the 60fps mode on PS5 is checkerboarded 4k while Xbox Series has native 1440p?

Edit: This makes it seem that PS5 has two modes and Xbox Series' only has one a piece?

Phoenixazure

Oct 27, 2017
Looking forward to the update. I really enjoyed this game quite a bit on a mechanical level along with the campaign. Hopefully they nail down those dates down cause a roadmap can inspire some confidence to coincide with the update.

Bookman

Oct 27, 2017
I just bought it just to play through the story. When you all say it's repetitive does that mean that it's repetitive for a GAAS game when you are supposed to grind or just when you play through the story?

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
I really wonder how they're going to handle Spider-Man. He can't be the next character. With the state that this game is in and its lack of content, it will be kind of insulting to drop a console-exclusive character right now.

The fact that there is still no road map is worrying. When Destiny and Division were at their lowest points, I remember them addressing the issues and putting out a road map. Crystal Dynamics/Square Enix are really not addressing the state of the game at all.

I will not be surprised if the game is abandoned by the end of the year.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Not even Pizza Dog is going to rope me back in. I'm not punching more fucking AIM robots and drones. Add in some new enemy types or ya lost me for good.

Soj

Oct 27, 2017
I just bought it just to play through the story. When you all say it's repetitive does that mean that it's repetitive for a GAAS game when you are supposed to grind or just when you play through the story?

The GAAS part.

The story campaign isn't repetitive, it's once you finish it that the problems become apparent.

The main problem with the campaign is playing through it with low level characters that don't have many skills unlocked. Oh, and you can't replay it.

Son of Sparda

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
The story is mostly fine, though the repetitive objective design and leves start to show themselves in later parts of the story as well.

Roshin

Oct 30, 2017
Sweden
I really wonder how they're going to handle Spider-Man. He can't be the next character. With the state that this game is in and its lack of content, it will be kind of insulting to drop a console-exclusive character right now.

I was thinking the same thing.

Most people seem to agree that the gameplay is fine, but that it needs more content and variation. Dropping the one character everyone wants on one platform while giving nothing to the others would look really bad. I don't see any way around it, though. They're not going to release anything exclusive to the other platforms to make up for it.

Just boot Spidey out the door quickly and pretend it never happened is the only way, I guess.

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017

The fact that there is still no road map is worrying. When Destiny and Division were at their lowest points, I remember them addressing the issues and putting out a road map. Crystal Dynamics/Square Enix are really not addressing the state of the game at all.

I will not be surprised if the game is abandoned by the end of the year.

Well I can tell you that they cant abandon this.

They sunk far too much money.

But they probably understood the shit is fucked to the core so they need to significantly rework it.

Unlike anthem and other failures, it really can rebounce any time with fan favorite characters coming out with timely system redesigns and a sale thanks to the franchise.

They really need to capitalize on the marvel shows and movies hype as well to decide their release schedule.

I would have literally gotten this for Wanda Vision and Quicksilver for instance. Hype can do silly things to a man :p.

Deleted member 68874

Account closed at user request
Banned
May 10, 2020
This game needs a new enemy faction fast. It's crazy how developers still haven't realized that fighting robots almost always sucks.

I wouldnt expect crossplay since Spider-Man is a Playstation exclusive.

RayCharlizard

Nov 2, 2017
So the 60fps mode on PS5 is checkerboarded 4k while Xbox Series has native 1440p?

Edit: This makes it seem that PS5 has two modes and Xbox Series' only has one a piece?
Seems like the same next gen update formula devs have been going for. Lower res on PS5 with an explicit "60fps" lock and higher res on Xbox without specifying a lock to 60 since VRR is available to some people. PS5 gets performance and resolution modes, Xbox doesn't offer modes. Weirder is that they're noting Xbox One on Series X/S so the game isn't using smart delivery I guess?

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
his game needs a new enemy faction fast. It's crazy how developers still haven't realized that fighting robots almost always sucks.
considering how long it takes for any content to the point its a meme I think they just don't have the resources to do it and covid really fucked with their production which they admit

unfortunately they really don't have the luxury of time and they're probably crunching for these crumbs