• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Jun 4, 2019
U6xWtZJ_d.jpg
"We are gonna win GOTY because we have the best gameplay... And because it's going to get better. Much better."

Luckett_X

Oct 25, 2017
Leeds, UK
You can really tell some God of War (2018) peeps worked on this game, and combat looks pretty good because of that lineage.

Apparently all the cars blowing up is very framey, so thats why its not ready for a public gameplay slice. Looking forward to this game and hope its got enough time to cook to a good standard by its current release date.

Miamiwesker

Oct 25, 2017
Miami
From the little you could see that looked so much fun. Super cinematic which is what these damn GaaS games need. It looks like a single player epic game with huge set pieces. I wonder how much of the game will be like that.

@dedmunk

Banned
Oct 11, 2018
Damn the gameplay actually looks pretty good. Why have such a shitty reveal when they could have shown THIS off?

Mariolee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
There were very little games actually shown to the public. This industry and it's secrecy makes hard to invest or care.

They may have not been shown in the press conferences, but there have been quite a few games that have had gameplay videos released later like Dying Light 2, Ghost Recon, Destroy All Humans, Gears 5, Control, etc.

What they show in the press conferences is up to them, and I think Microsoft really screwed the pooch in not having more gameplay demos.

Haze

Oct 25, 2017
Detroit, MI
They may have not been shown in the press conferences, but there have been quite a few games that have had gameplay videos released later like Dying Light 2, Ghost Recon, Destroy All Humans, Gears 5, Control, etc.

What they show in the press conferences is up to them, and I think Microsoft really screwed the pooch in not having more gameplay demos.

3 of these games we've already seen gameplay for tho, that's the thing.

DangerMouse

Oct 25, 2017
I disagree, a typical AAA game would have made this a third person shooter where you play as a shield agent because making different combat for 5+ hero's with unique weapons/abilities would be too hard. Or go the Spider-man/Batman route where they just focus on a single hero.

Being able to play as all of the avengers and not having them all play the same was a very pleasant surprise.
Yeah, that actually looks pretty good. The stuff I can make out from the video quality.

metalslimer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
All I can think is we are so used to the MCU versions of these characters that I really wish they went for either different versions of these heroes or new people altogether

Kawngi

Prophet of Truth
Oct 30, 2017
Looks like a different game than I was picturing in my head, which is a good thing. Wtf did this get filmed on though, lmao

benzy

Oct 25, 2017
Looks very solid from the parts I could actually see. The GOW-ish single cut blend from gameplay to interactive scene is nice.

Dark_Castle

Oct 27, 2017
Did someone film this with a potato? Still the gameplay looks pretty fun. Hits are punchy and responsive. Curious to see more.

Yog-Sothoth

Oct 1, 2018
Only thing I could actually see was the black widow part and I'm unimpressed.

Lots of obnoxious talking, gameplay getting interrupted, that linear on rails set piece part that only consisted on jumping, shooting and dodging (like what was taskmaster even doing? Just blindlessly charging at black widow?). All coupled with them pretty Michael Bay explosions.
No thanks.

Can't tell if the meelee is decent because of the quality but it doesn't look very promising either.

Lyon

Jun 5, 2019
Boy, the camera sure does spend time on Widow's ass.

Those are your eyes, not the camera.

Gameplay is almost exactly what I envisioned after reading the Game Informer article.
With less than a year to go they have their work cut out for them to make gameplay good enough for the masses to buy into this as anything more than a beat it and forget it game; opposed to a game as a service. Hopefully this build is just really old.

JaseC64

Enlightened
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Strong Island NY
I haven't played spidey ps4. Are the bigger moments sorta like this game is showing? Like the gif of Black Widow fighting shoemaker.

If it's similar, it may not be bad? My first impression and I dont want to be seen as a "troll" but it has the "The Order 1886" vibe of small gameplay segments with heavy scenematic moments. Granted this is only the sp mode and has other mp modes. Not the same on every level but it reminds me of that.

Wreck We Em

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I thought it looked pretty good from what I could make out

Hopefully the combat depth will expand as the game progresses

Stellar

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I really don't care about the single player portion of this. I want to see what the online/multiplayer missions and gameplay is like.

That being said, my first impression of the gameplay isn't bad at all. Looks like they have a good core combat system, but it all depends on how much depth the gear/progression/RPG elements will add to it. If this ends up being a shallow beat em up then it is going to die very quickly.

NekoNeko

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
not gonna judge too harshly because of the quality of the footage but that is not looking good.

flare

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Those are your eyes, not the camera.

Gameplay is almost exactly what I envisioned after reading the Game Informer article.
With less than a year to go they have their work cut out for them to make gameplay good enough for the masses to buy into this as anything more than a beat it and forget it game; opposed to a game as a service. Hopefully this build is just really old.
Lol, if only that were the case. They're not being sly with that camera.