• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

The Lord of Cereal

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Jan 9, 2020
Hell yeah!! Definitely excited to try this honestly. I was afraid to buy it because of the middling reviews and fears that it would die but I'll definitely download it when it's available

Kind of funny how it was on PSNow for 3 months and as soon as it leaves it comes to Game Pass, also about 1 year after the game launches. I guess the RE8 contract really was real honestly

Deleted member 11008

User requested account closure
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Nice, I don't have GPU for this month but this is some of those games I wanted try but don't spend a lot of money on it.

May 17, 2018
User Banned (3 days): Trolling
Didn't bother when it was on PSNow and won't now that it's on XGP.

This game has been dunked on since day one, so, I'm kinda shocked to see so many people willing to try it. Are the standards for games on this service really that low?

DuvalDevil

Nov 18, 2020
"We have no content in the upcoming month for the Xbox plattform so let's put it in GP to retain at least a small group of players."

Yeah. Good job guys.

Sipahi

Jan 30, 2021

This game has been dunked on since day one, so, I'm kinda shocked to see so many people willing to try it. Are the standards for games on this service really that low?
I think the game has been shat on too bad. Also when you get a game on a service you pay for, obviously you will play it. Especially the people who were interested in the game but weren't willing to pay.

Lemony1984

Jul 7, 2020
Wow. I kind of assumed Sony's marketing deal would exclude it from Game Pass.

Unless the deal is up, even though Spidey hasn't released yet.

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany

Or maybe not everyone always believes all the crazy hyperbolic statements from people about how "SHIT" a game is?
There are people acting like this game punches you in the face when you start it.
It's an average action combat game with superheroes. And it also has 4 player co-op where you can play superheroes with your friends.
The game isn't hurting anyone. It isn't bottom tier shit. It's just average and can also be pretty damn fun if you enjoy this kinda stuff.

skillzilla81

Self-requested temporary ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This kind of news would be a lot more exciting if it was crossplay.

Why are you surprised that people are willing to try a new game on a subscription service they pay for? That's literally why gamepass exists. It's literally one of the selling points of the service.

MrCibb

Dec 12, 2018
UK
Nice, the perfect kind of game to land on GP. Wasn't willing to spend money but I'll definitely be giving this a try. Heard some decent things about the campaign and some bad, so want to see for myself.

SpottieO

Oct 25, 2017

oh good lord, it's a value add to a service people already pay for. It's not hard to figure out, but console wars I guess.

Durden

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Awesome, glad more people get to try the game for themselves. And at least there is somewhat of a counter to the Sony Spidey stuff now. PS gets Spidey, Xbox essentially gets the game for free. It's not perfect but they're both getting something. Really wish it had cross-play though.

This could be a nice break from Destiny for my crew. Also, is there local coop?

Nah nothing split-screen or anything

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
I enjoyed the plot and characterization in the campaign, the gameplay was serviceable but not amazing. The post-game progression was a slog and what made me stop playing, though. I never returned for the new campaigns so can't really say anything about that, and I played through all of campaign on PS4 Pro and haven't touched my free PS5 upgrade yet.

That said, this is worth it for Marvel fans to just at least shoot through the campaign. It wouldn't surprise me if some people actually like the core gameplay of this game enough to commit to the post-game loop but can't say that was it for me. It's not immediately shut-down bad but I don't think it's particularly great either.