• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
So it's all kind of repetitive and characters are not unique enough. Looked that way in videos they've been showing. Hard pass.

May 24, 2019
Do you have to engage with the multiplayer missions to move the campaign along? I'm guessing most people just want the cinematic Avengers game and will ignore the rest if they can.

Asbsand

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Denmark
As expected. Sounds like you have to wait a year if you want what feels like what you'd pay for a full game, just as with Destiny once Taken King dropped. Day 1 will probably be done in 20 hours and have a problematic endgame and people that just are used to single-player games with great campaigns will feel like "what's supposed to be good about this?"

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
As expected you can't just give a Marvel IP to any studio, even big established ones, and automatically expect something top tier, especially out the gate.

Still excited for this since it's Avengers, but some of these impressions aren't entirely confidence inspiring, then again others are really glowing. Hopefully they polish things up prior to launch. Either way, interested to see how it reviews.

Loxley

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Based on what I've read, it seems like a game worth checking out in a year's time when more content/characters have been added.

So I guess in that sense it really is a GAAS title :P

Tobor

Oct 25, 2017
Richmond, VA
Going to let this one cook a bit longer and will revisit when the PS5 version releases.

Unless I break down and buy it. Who knows.

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
Sounds like it looks. I'll wait to hear of some revamp at some point.

Hagi

Oct 25, 2017
So you can't change at all your appearance unless it's paid cosmetic ??

Not all costumes are paid, you earn them through missions and other stuff. Plus they are doing community challenges that will unlock costumes for everyone.

You unlock costumes in various ways: story missions, the free, character-specific Challenge Card (which is like a battle pass), or buying rare ones on the marketplace.

That's the first time ive heard about the challenge cards, that's cool is there much to them?

Oct 24, 2019
Watching the EZA preview -- I just heard that you can hold down L2 in the menu for "equip best gear," which is huge for me

Oct 30, 2017
Oh God is this gonna be the next Anthem? D:
in terms of launching as another seemingly early access GaaS? one that will need constant front-end updates and fixes? probably.

will the population fall off a cliff after 2 months? no. i guarantee this is launching regardless of what shape it is in because it is the Avengers and people will eat that shit up.

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
wait-what-gif.gif

Apex Legends is basically the definition of a GaaS title.

kamineko

Linked the Fire
Oct 25, 2017
Accardi-by-the-Sea
preordered through psn; wondering when i can preload; not in my library yet

well, some of the previews are concerning, but honestly i'm an mcu superfan so i've got to get in this

Last edited:

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Impressions seem all over the board but it the average I'm getting is that it's solid but it needs work. With extremes on both ends from some outlets.

Probably about where I expected it to fall. Still looking forward to trying it for myself.

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They probably comitted to development during the loot game craze and I think suffer for it now.

This could have been a great coop action super hero game. The loot nonsense on top is bleh

PowerUp

Mar 30, 2018
Not all costumes are paid, you earn them through missions and other stuff. Plus they are doing community challenges that will unlock costumes for everyone.

That's the first time ive heard about the challenge cards, that's cool is there much to them?
weve covered them here
powerup-gaming.com

Each Hero in Marvel’s Avengers has a “Battle Pass” style unlock track - PowerUp!

Marvel's Avengers is a Game-as-a-Service and along with loot, power levels, resources and replayable missions, there are tonnes of cosmetics. There's an in-game store for players to purchase cosmetics as well as a 'Battle Pass' style track that unlocks cosmetics and other items over time. Dubbed...

Basically 40 levels for each character you unlock by completing daily and weekly challenges

S1kkZ

Oct 27, 2017
brads comments (easy allies) about the framerate are harsh. it seems to run terrible.

Oct 24, 2019
Preordered Deluxe on EU PSN but don't know how? Link isn't anywhere right now.
preordered through psn; wondering when i can preload

The pre-load for PSN pre-orders opens up tomorrow :)

Obsessed with this lmao. I need baby-mode help when gear gets number crunchy

Haha right? I've never been into micromanaging stats, I just like watching the colors of each item increase XD

PowerUp

Mar 30, 2018
It's certainly trying to appeal to a wide audience. There's a huge underlying set of stats that you can really drill into and tinker with if you want to. Or, you can just hold L2 and let the game equip your best stuff.
I think it's hard to show what they're trying but it feels like both causal and hardcore players will find something in it.
we've posted a bunch of articles about mechanics and systems,
will be publishing a bunch more when we're able to use our own screens and video

S1kkZ

Oct 27, 2017
Not really surprising seeing whats going on on screen. PS4 and Xbox One will for sure be a bad experience. Hope to be wrong tho.
i expected the framerate but it looks like there is also dynamic resolution at play. which (according to easy allies) drops pretty low.
brad said during those moments, its one of the worst looking games he has played in a long time.

Mikch85

May 12, 2018
Kinda surprised they organised the preview on PS4. The PC version would probably have been way more impressive, in terms of graphics and framerate.

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Easy Allies' impressions sounded pretty good to me. Sounds fun with friends but a little rough around the edges like nearly all GaaS titles at launch. For sure need to play it myself on Friday to see how it feels though.

stn

Oct 28, 2017
I didn't know there was loot. Does it actually change your character's appearance or is it just for stats?

The Bear

Forest Animal
Oct 25, 2017
It feels like almost all gaas titles are dumpster fire at release. I might take a look at this one.. in 2022? Possibly.

JakeNoseIt

Catch My Drift
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Ever since that PlayStation Blog post I have been curious how big of a next-gen bump this game is going to get on PS5 and, internally, how much they are leaning on it. I wonder if there are hopes/plans to transition to next gen and leave behind the PS4/Xbox One versions at some point.