• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Loxley

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I think it looks okay for the moment, the Cap gameplay looks the strongest imo. But I assume this is the opening level of the game where they just introduce you to the basics. I'm really hoping the levels open up as the game progresses and that the gameplay goes beyond what appears to be exceedingly simple button mash combos.

BurnKnuckle21

Nov 17, 2017
I wish the bodies had some sort of ragdoll physics and didn't just flop around like a PS2 game when they were hit.

Brock2621

Banned
Dec 3, 2018
I'll check this out, the combat needs to feel smoother with complex combo systems and stuff but the graphical effects are pretty good

Suicide King

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It amazes me that a mobile game (Marvel Future Fight) is still the best looking and arguably best playing Marvel-based game.

pixelation

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Them not having the MCU's actors faces really takes me out if it, it's like I'm watching some cosplayers going at it.

adj_noun

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like the writing needs a few more passes before it's ready for prime time.

It reads more like something that WANTS to be MCU banter than, well, MCU banter.

Dartastic

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Almost everyone's heads look too small.

Iron Man's helmet looks disproportionate from the rest of the suit as well. It looks like it's the size of Stark's head, not the size of a helmet covering Stark's head, so it ends up looking tiny.
I've been complaining about this since Day 1. It makes no sense.

Duck Sauce

Oct 30, 2017
United States
Will there be Rob Liefield skins for the characters? Gimme this
honorable-mention-photo-u1

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
You kn6what sad thing is? No matter how hard Square Enix tries to profit from this game on 3 platforms they won't even come close to Spider-Man on PS4, game that is on one platform with 0 MTX.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
I'll say it has potential.

If the game isn't ALL (or the majority) highly scripted encounters like this it might be alright.

Based on just this though... Definitely not interested in this at full price. Combat looks fine at best, graphics are technically solid but stuff like the animations don't do it a lot of favors.

Story is the main thing I'm interested in at the moment, but I'm a little disappointing that the characters aren't doing much for me. Iron Man sounds more like Deadpool to me (maybe the voice actor did him in a past game, not sure). The other characters seem fine, but the dialog isnt doing them any favors.

At the moment I think I'd rather just finally do a playthrough Marvel Ultimate Alliance 1 (never actually beat it before even though I have it on both PC and PSP).

Watchtower

Oct 27, 2017
I feel like the writing needs a few more passes before it's ready for prime time.

It reads more like something that WANTS to be MCU banter than, well, MCU banter.

It actually reminds me a bit of Man of Action's Avengers cartoon, which.... isn't exactly a great sign. That was explicitly geared towards prepubescent kids. This at least seemingly isn't.

jakoo

Oct 27, 2017
Lost it at Taskmaster saying "It's called photographic reflexes!". Really subtle characterization-via-dialogue there.

If I were like 15, this would be the coolest thing ever, but I know that the character variety they are promising cannot possibly translate into a deep game play experience for the entire game. I just can't imagine this vertical slice being scalable, especially when multiplayer comes into the picture.

Jan 2, 2018
If it's truly a Pre-Alpha build, then I have plenty of hope they'll have it fully polished by next May's launch. If every character has upgradeable abilities and combos then the gameplay shouldn't really get stale. Things like art direction and voice acting can be overlooked/accepted if the core gameplay is fun. What's shown here has potential but definitely a long way to go.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Okay I just watched it and it looks REALLY good. Additional heroes and story updates will be free which mean I am going all in. I dont understand the hate this game is getting at all. Character models can be polished before release and if you think the combat looks bad then i'm sure it just means we haven't seen all the power up options and customization yet. It is Marvel meets destiny and i'm excited. The only thing I hope for is that we can use our own heroes in MP and it isn't fixed by missions.

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
As has been said countless times, it's uninspired and completely expected of CD, thanks to their mediocre Tomb Raider reboot...

...but I'm a Marvel bitch, so I'll be playing it. :(

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
The more I'm watching it the more I wish that it's just a Captain America game and give it all the depth you can

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Lost it at Taskmaster saying "It's called photographic reflexes!". Really subtle characterization-via-dialogue there.

If I were like 15, this would be the coolest thing ever, but I know that the character variety they are promising cannot possibly translate into a deep game play experience for the entire game. I just can't imagine this vertical slice being scalable, especially when multiplayer comes into the picture.
That's kinda what I'm worried about especially with them adding more characters through the with free updates that makes me more worried than anything whether it can have some depth and it's not "X has +3 in strength"

Goodacre0081

Oct 25, 2017
This looks like a fake video game that you see someone playing in a movie or tv show. Not sure how how else to describe it

Oct 29, 2017
Combat looks like a combination of God of War and Arkham/Spider-Man. Digging it, and bear in mind that this is only the tutorial mission. I do think that it's weird not seeing human enemies sent flying by a Mjolnir swing by Thor. That would feel really good to have in the game and hopefully they have high impact/damaging hits like that to play around with.

Kommodore

Oct 27, 2017
Thought it looked a bit better than the last showing. I was digging on Widow and Hulk's section. Cap's combat did look in a much better state than the rest. But it could either go the variety of all of them provides a constant flux of different gameplay elements that lends itself to keeping gameplay fresh and interesting...or it could be their focus is split across all those characters and they won't be able to nail any of them.

Either way, I hope they get it right. I would love a big spectacle filled Avengers game that has a decent narrative.

Kinthey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
the cinematic aspects of it look great. Tomb Raider 2013 showed me that Crystal Dynamics is excellent at set pieces, and honestly better at grounding them in the world than something like an uncharted. the issue here is what you're doing moment to moment outside of heavily scripted moments. that part feels like outdated action game design from years ago plopped in the middle of this extremely beautiful and detailed game.
True, there is some rusty stuff. Particularly the hit effects and reactions. The switch between close combat and ranged also doesn't look all that great.

pillowtalk

Oct 10, 2018
This doesn't look good at all. The art style bothers me most. Could've just made a turn-based racing moba game or something.

Trust

Jun 10, 2018
Man, I want to like this game, but it's not doing itself any favors with these wonky controls and character animations. How could anyone approve that Thor design?

est1992

Oct 27, 2017
I imagine the very first character you'll play as is Kamala, walking around the event and meeting the Avengers up close

64XW2xm.png

m4iMSkv.png

Honestly I kind of like it, I guess I'm just a sucker for games that go for the cinematic approach.
Someone who leaked the story on here a while ago said exactly this.

JamRock7

Banned
Aug 19, 2019
FL
This game looks very dated in too many departments. At lease the visuals are....kinda there? Iron man and Hulk looked fun