• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

DangerMouse

Oct 25, 2017

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
On a lesser show Mack would have died the same season he debuted

Lonestar

Roll Tahd, Pawl
Oct 25, 2017
I was about to start to figure out if the timeline is still on path to lead to the world that the team came back to from the future, or not. So much of the past few seasons has been revolving around The Lighthouse, a bunker that has been there for decades, and survived the world blowing up to be the last bastion of humanity in Deke's future.

So far, they've kind of explained the lighthouse being there. Hydra/Shield's alternate version of Project Insite.

But now you have Hydra being more advanced, Mack's parents dead (missed any mention of them having died, can't remember if they died when he was a kid or not), Other kid Malick might still be alive with powers. Any more time paradoxes/changes I'm missing. The other question I'd have, is if those changes would have already happened and the crew never even noticed them when they came back from the future.

Can't remember if the Lighthouse was shown before or after the Future trip.

Mariolee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit what a heartbreaker of an episode. Mack has been through too damn much. Same with Daisy.

Next episode looks awesome, but gonna miss the rest of the crew lol

Anatole

Mar 25, 2020
Ah, Mack :( First having to leave his computer daughter in S4, and now this?

This episode was the first one that felt heavily budget restricted. No period parody intro, and I think the only new location was the Chronicom ship. The character moments were still good, but I hope the budget gloves can come off for the last few episodes.

Next week looks like a good time!

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Jfc at Mack's parents already being dead (Which makes total sense in hindsight), and them him having to kill his mom himself

Chronicoms finally adapting to have actual personalities is the last piece of the puzzle to help them become good antagonists

Didn't really get the point of the Nathaniel subplot tbh, maybe it'll payoff later. Also feels like Daisy and Sousa will become a thing. How y'all feel about that if it happens

Glad to hear that seems to be truly Jemma, the only thing off about her being her memories. Still bummed at no Fitz though, and I highly doubt he'll show next week based on that preview.

RIP Coulson... for now.

Agent Stoner really, really wants to bang May, HR be damned

And just like that we're in the 80s I presume... Also Mack and Deke got left behind holy fuck! I was really freaking out over this before remembering the possibility that the new time jump doesn't necessarily have to be a massive one. Still a huge shocker though.

Mariolee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Oh yeah Lotus I forgot to mention: I totally felt romance vibes between Sousa and Daisy. Were we supposed to feel something, cause I'm shippin em right now.

antonz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I am glad they found an excuse to go to the 80s. Should be entertaining. I really enjoy seeing them bring to life the various quirky generations of Shield.

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Damn, that was a great episode. Absolutely gutted for Mack, he has just been through so much in this show 😢

Arthands

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It is saddening that Mack has to killed the 2 Chronicoms who look like his parents, while learning his parents has already died earlier than expected at the same time.

But next episode seems very fun. And Coulson in a TV LOL

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Shout out to them actually explaing why the Lighthouse was abandoned. Not often you can use a plot thread to save on the budget

Oct 27, 2017
Omaha
Mack's "mom" is going to give into the new human feelings and gather an army of good chronicoms to fight for the humans. My predictions are always right, except for simmons being a robot... then simmons being really old but faking it...

So now my new prediction about Simmons. She is dead and current Simmons is one from her past, Fitz's memories are in that implant thing and that is why she needs it.

Jannyish

Dec 16, 2017
I know I keep. Mentioning how much I love this show... But I really DO love this show. Can't say it enough.

Now here's my thoughts and a theory or two:

I wonder how Deke will feel about Sousa and Daisy. Though it does feel like he's somewhat over her by now, I am sure they will adress that somehow. I mean I like Sousa and he deserves it after loosing Peggy to Cap or smth.

Both Mack and Daisy have gone through enough shit at this point. I feel really bad for them every time something happens. :( same goes for Fitz, but he isn't around this season (yet) so they can't do anything to him (yet). (watch them find a way to plausibly have him suffer off screen all this time, calling it now.)

Now... What if the "destroyer of worlds" is actually Malick and not Daisy? What if it's been that way all along? I mean Daisy has a handle on her powers and I don't see why she would consciously do something like that. Malick though? Yeah, just saying...

On another note, something seems... Off about the whole story Jemma fed to Deke. Memory implant that I can believe. But.. Isn't her field of expertise Biochem, not engineering? That's Fitz' thing. Now she is very intelligent and they have worked together for a long time + whatever time it took them to figure all this stuff out. So either I am supposed to believe she understands the Zephyr and it's time traveling mechanics to a degree that doesn't only encompass explaining it (which is something rather easily learned) but also FIXING it (and pretty nonchalantly at that, once she remembers), or there is something she's not telling us. I'm not saying the former is impossible, but fact of the matter is we have never seen her work on engineering stuff on that level with that degree of familiarity, so at this point, I wouldn't be surprised if they just took Fitz' brain scan and put it in that memory implant. I know that sounds crazy but we are also talking about Agents of Shield here so...

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Daisy/Sousa would feel a little weird to me, but I guess the age gap isn't THAT bad - he's probably closing in on 40 while she's in her early 30s. The fact he's so old-timey just makes him seem a lot older, and the fact Chloe Bennet looks essentially the same as she did when the show started still makes me think of Daisy as being like 22.

I could roll with it, I guess. Would be better than most of her love interests.

Clowns

Oct 25, 2017
Daisy/Sousa would feel a little weird to me, but I guess the age gap isn't THAT bad - he's probably closing in on 40 while she's in her early 30s. The fact he's so old-timey just makes him seem a lot older, and the fact Chloe Bennet looks essentially the same as she did when the show started still makes me think of Daisy as being like 22.

12 year age gap irl 👀

Oct 27, 2017
Omaha
It seemed to me like he is staying because he sees them as fellow agents who he can help, even if his mind is in an older time. Though I wouldn't mind them ending up together either.

On another note, something seems... Off about the whole story Jemma fed to Deke. Memory implant that I can believe. But.. Isn't her field of expertise Biochem, not engineering? That's Fitz' thing. Now she is very intelligent and they have worked together for a long time + whatever time it took them to figure all this stuff out. So either I am supposed to believe she understands the Zephyr and it's time traveling mechanics to a degree that doesn't only encompass explaining it (which is something rather easily learned) but also FIXING it (and pretty nonchalantly at that, once she remembers), or there is something she's not telling us. I'm not saying the former is impossible, but fact of the matter is we have never seen her work on engineering stuff on that level with that degree of familiarity, so at this point, I wouldn't be surprised if they just took Fitz' brain scan and put it in that memory implant. I know that sounds crazy but we are also talking about Agents of Shield here so...

This is where I'm at, that implant probably acts a lot like the thing Coulson put his hands in to enter the "void" or whatever. (thanks the good place)

Jannyish

Dec 16, 2017
It seemed to me like he is staying because he sees them as fellow agents who he can help, even if his mind is in an older time. Though I wouldn't mind them ending up together either.

This is where I'm at, that implant probably acts a lot like the thing Coulson put his hands in to enter the "void" or whatever. (thanks the good place)

Now that you mention the shared mind space... A few more oddities pop into my mind.

For one, Jemma told Deke Fitz stayed in a place where he can find out what the Chronicoms are planning and therefore guide them. She also said he was open and vulnerable if the Chronicoms found out where he was. Well he would be open and vulnerable if he was just in one of those mind machines 24/7. He can't get out of there on his own. Also it would explain the "long time" they haven't seen the crew, yet no aging - they just spend that time inside their minds figuring this out. Like that one Chronicom in season 6 said, time flows differently in that realm so what is super long in there is just 5 minutes in real life. Suddenly it all makes sense!

Plus, Jemma told Deke Fitz stayed behind to guide them or something. But then shouldn't he be the only one who knows when they will jump? I mean even Jemma said she doesn't know when. YET last week's episode she asked Enoch if she was "supposed to know that we were going to jump". Now, why would she even think she was supposed to know when she herself said nobody but Fitz knows? UNLESS she has some kind of constant connection to Fitz so he can tell her whenever he figures it out. I mean we don't know what she does when she "sleeps"..

The only thing that doesn't quite fit in this theory is how Fitz would remote control the Zephyr from inside a mind prison. Then again maybe it's a version of the machine that let's him activate and deactivate it at will... Who knows.

entrydenied

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Given that she has her memories altered, can we really trust Simmons? She may not know what path she is leading them into.

Also, Jannyish is right. What if Nathaniel becomes the destroyer of worlds and this leads to Deke's future, or a version of it at least?
One other way for Fitz and Simmons to invent the time machine is to go down Deke's timeline, since they invented the time machine there. They might eventually solve the paradox this season, I wonder.

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I think at this point I'd rank the seasons like this:

Great Tier: S2 > S4
Good Tier: S7 > S5 > S3
Not-So-Good Tier: S1 > S6

I think Season 7 could end up in the top tier, too, but it's too soon to call. The villains being a bit iffy, the lack of Fitz, it has some issues, but the fanservice is enough to cover up those flaws. If it closes out the series as good as Season 5's last few episodes I think it'll be up there, 100%.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
Didn't feel this episode, was quite boring, and probably the worst alongside episode 2 this season. But I watched it when I wasn't in the mood, probably that. Will rewatch it again like I've done all the episodes this season. I just think I wanna get to present day time already.

Jemma's memory chip acting up, Mack having to confront his "parents" and Nathaniel getting Daisy's powers was the interesting parts.

Fights keep looking bad, but effects are very well done. Can we just have Daisy be Quake again.

She definitely doesn't look as young as when the show first started out. It has to do with her surgery, that she looks different, but she also looks experienced, it also fits her character, that she looks like she's grown and learned a bunch of shit throughout the years because she has.

Also feels like Daisy and Sousa will become a thing. How y'all feel about that if it happens
It's all I'm hoping for. Make it their endgame.

Not even close. It's definitely better than it has been the past few years but not THAT good.
Yeah, this season is really not up there. It's been pretty good, and a lot of fun though.

So far the seasons for me go 4>2>5>7>1>3>6 but I don't remember S3 much, and while S5 was super inconsistent the time travelling was up among the very best.

Last edited:

Clowns

Oct 25, 2017
I think at this point I'd rank the seasons like this:

Great Tier: S2 > S4
Good Tier: S7 > S5 > S3
Not-So-Good Tier: S1 > S6

I think Season 7 could end up in the top tier, too, but it's too soon to call. The villains being a bit iffy, the lack of Fitz, it has some issues, but the fanservice is enough to cover up those flaws. If it closes out the series as good as Season 5's last few episodes I think it'll be up there, 100%.
hmmm
4>2
7>3>5
6>1
But I agree with the tiers each season is in. Possible exception of 5.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
So have the Chronicoms' ship always been underneath the Lighthouse, and they've stayed in that one place while travelled through time? So they've just been warping around the timeline from the same place.

And I guess we're getting another 70s episode with Mack and D stuck there next week? And the rest of the team travelled to the 80s or 90s.

Last edited:

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
How did the Chronicoms jump after Coulson destroyed their ship? Or was it just the Hive he blew up?

Surprised Nathaniel was more interested in Daisy's powers than her 2019 phone.

SixtyFourBlades

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
Maybe I read the situation wrong but I thought Nathaniel died? Is it just me? Dude's bones were breaking and then debris smoked him.

Slyonic

Oct 29, 2017
So have the Chronicoms' ship always been underneath the Lighthouse, and they've stayed in that one place while travelled through time? So they've just been warping around the timeline from the same place.

And I guess we're getting another 70s episode with Mack and D stuck there next week? And the rest of the team travelled to the 80s or 90s.

They timetravelled before Mack left the Zephyr. Mack and Deke are stuck in the 80's, and the rest we don't know.

Saifu

Oct 27, 2017
Malick kid going out like that was a bit too sudden and anti-climatic imo.
Overall decent episode, but some of the writing choices/execution is kinda iffy.
Episode 4 and 5 are still the best episodes this season so far for me.

Edit: Forgot to mention how undramatic it was with how they filmed Coulson' suicide bombing moment.
They treated it like it was nothing special at all.

Last edited:

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
Did they say anything that would suggest their ability to simply make another Coulson LMD is limited in any way?

Egg0

Oct 25, 2017
Good episode. Dude who plays Nathaniel gave me Jimmi Simpson vibes.

Anyone familiar with the "leak" for this season? Saw a comment about it on a video and looked into it. It reads like expensive fanfiction, but I'm curious if it has been corroborated or if it's even on track.

DangerMouse

Oct 25, 2017
And just like that we're in the 80s I presume... Also Mack and Deke got left behind holy fuck! I was really freaking out over this before remembering the possibility that the new time jump doesn't necessarily have to be a massive one. Still a huge shocker though.
Same, I was like WTF! when it first happened.

Did they say anything that would suggest their ability to simply make another Coulson LMD is limited in any way?
I don't think so.

I don't think we got anything other than just May saying he'd definitely come back like he always does.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Edit: Forgot to mention how undramatic it was with how they filmed Coulson' suicide bombing moment.
They treated it like it was nothing special at all.

I mean it wasn't lol

Same, I was like WTF! when it first happened.

I don't think so.

I don't think we got anything other than just May saying he'd definitely come back like he always does.

At first I thought the implication was that they'd just build a new Coulson, but now I think May was implying he'd just straight up tank the explosion? Not sure tbh