• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Next Linus Tech Tips, can you water cool a Chronocom?

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Hmm, definitely didn't expect Malick. Wonder if HYDRA is already a thing or he's going to found it - I don't remember the specifics of the history stuff they brought up before.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Strong premiere, can't wait for next week, hope Fitz doesn't take too long to reappear

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, prototype super soldier serum was my first thought, too. Timeline adds up. And 1929 would be right on the cusp of Nazi Germany coming to power, which sorts of makes the overall consequences pretty interesting. Like I doubt they'll be diving into that, but even the implication that their actions will enable the Red Skull and everything is pretty big stakes.

So essentially it's Kill Baby Hitler?: The Series.

DangerMouse

Oct 25, 2017
I need it to get into Deke
LMAO
Captain Deke

tumblr_p5k2saAsuz1qcb516o3_500.gifv

Last edited:
OP
OP
ZeoVGM

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Continuing my S6 rewatch as I wait for tonight's episode to go up somewhere.

"Inescapable" is a top five episode and just a brilliant hour of television.

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
Damn, that was a good episode (and I generally hate time travel-y stuff). Totally forgot what had happened at the end of season 6, but it started to come back.

CallMeShaft

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Really great episode. Not a fan of the Chronicoms being the big bads this season, but outside of that and no Fitz, I really enjoy having the show back (especially Coulson).

Sucks that it's the final season, but I wouldn't trust them not to kill Fitz off permanently if they lasted much longer. Better to get out while the getting's good.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Really great episode. Not a fan of the Chronicoms being the big bads this season, but outside of that and no Fitz, I really enjoy having the show back (especially Coulson).

Sucks that it's the final season, but I wouldn't trust them not to kill Fitz off permanently if they lasted much longer. Better to get out while the getting's good.

haven't watched yet (will be attempting VPN watching) but thats not a good omen. Really didnt like their one note bad guy schtick last season.

Static

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit at those terminator vibes as the Chronicoms stepped up to make their hit. lmao I love it

Skeeter49

I wish Jim Ryan would eat me
Oct 25, 2017
Loved this episode. Season is starting off strong, and while yeah, we've had enough Hydra, it's cool that the final season ends with them saving Hydra.

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
So was I just imagining that Ernest kept shifting his leg position in the chair like they were different takes that had no consistency? He goes from having his left leg perpendicular to the right, then vice versa, then does the same thing two more times.

Last edited:

luca

Oct 25, 2017
Loving that intro card, I love the whole 30s, and I've missed going so far back in time ever since Captain America: The First Avenger. I've been asking for more period pieces, so it's nice we're actually doing that now.

Quake fighting in those purple and green dresses is so cool.

LMD Coulson is a scary thing. Him going through everything that's happened in the last 2 years in a matter of seconds was overwhelming, but he'll be a nice ace up their sleeve. I love the idea of his character, it's interesting.

It's touching to see Yoyo react to being able to feel through her more advanced arms now.

Is Freddy THE Malick? Like Gideon Malick? They're really gonna have opportunities for these connections and references.
So that green juice is Red Skull's super soldier serum? Was there one besides Erskine's serum?

May gave me vampire vibes.

Lil Henstridge is so good this episode. Really good at playing a Jemma with so much knowledge.

The sets are so beautiful, and I'm loving the period precise costumes.

The preview for next week:

Can't wait for next week already!

Last edited:

Slyonic

Oct 29, 2017
Another subtle reference I love in this episode was Freddy having to prove himself because of his father taking the cowards way out. I think this is a reference to his father also switching the stones for the Maveth ritual, like Freddy and Gideon did as shown in season 3.

So that green juice is Red Skull's super soldier serum? Was there one besides Erskine's serum?
The preview does make it seem that way, but canonically Erskine isn't captured by the Red Skull till 1935.

Oct 27, 2017
Omaha
ok, so what are the chances Fits and Simmons had a kid in the "long" time break, and Fitz is just keeping their kid safe while the rest time travel?

Foltzie

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
The preview does make it seem that way, but canonically Erskine isn't captured by the Red Skull till 1935.
Could be the US branch of Hydra getting a early version that prompts Johanne into capturing Erskine, but it certainly could be any McGuffin and Coulson is just trying to convince Koenig to help.

Slyonic

Oct 29, 2017
Deadline: Meaning Marvel and something you do have a big say in, are we going to bump into more of the Marvel Cinematic Universe in this final season, as you have in past years?

WHEDON: We're going to bump into something.

LOEB: (LAUGHS) Yeah, we'll bump into something.

BELL: Something will definitely happen.

https://deadline.com/2020/05/marvel...n-iinterview-jeph-loeb-jed-whedon-1202944471/

If only Loeb had said something, I'd have doubts anything was gonna happen, but Whedon answering first and Bell confirming it, makes me excited.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
Imagine a huge Thanos figure suddenly standing in front of the team.

"I DON'T KNOW YOU..."

"YOU WILL."

Jannyish

Dec 16, 2017
Okay I have a question here. Simmons said they were apart for a long time. A really long time considering she said "it didn't take a long time building it but it took Fitz much longer to design it"... Yeah idk that doesn't just sound like a year or two to me. But then Simmons doesn't look significantly older, which makes me wonder what's going on here. At this point when Fitz shows back up he's 85 or something, you heard it here first.

I miss Agent Carter.

There was a rumor sometime around when they shot this season that she would be in this at some point. We will see how true that was.

ok, so what are the chances Fits and Simmons had a kid in the "long" time break, and Fitz is just keeping their kid safe while the rest time travel?

Now I would like to see the crew's reaction to THAT, and Deke's reaction to seeing what would probably be his mom as a child. Lol

But I think it's just a case of... Fitz knows how their time travel shenanigans work and they can't risk letting the chronicoms know.

https://deadline.com/2020/05/marvel...n-iinterview-jeph-loeb-jed-whedon-1202944471/

If only Loeb had said something, I'd have doubts anything was gonna happen, but Whedon answering first and Bell confirming it, makes me excited.

My bet is on Peggy Carter. She is an MCU character technically. And one of the characters from her TV series is already confirmed for this season so it wouldn't be a stretch if she also showed up. Just don't expect Chris Evans to come out of the woodwork. XD

Oct 27, 2017
Omaha
Okay I have a question here. Simmons said they were apart for a long time. A really long time considering she said "it didn't take a long time building it but it took Fitz much longer to design it"... Yeah idk that doesn't just sound like a year or two to me. But then Simmons doesn't look significantly older, which makes me wonder what's going on here. At this point when Fitz shows back up he's 85 or something, you heard it here first.

There was a rumor sometime around when they shot this season that she would be in this at some point. We will see how true that was.

Now I would like to see the crew's reaction to THAT, and Deke's reaction to seeing what would probably be his mom as a child. Lol

But I think it's just a case of... Fitz knows how their time travel shenanigans work and they can't risk letting the chronicoms know.

My bet is on Peggy Carter. She is an MCU character technically. And one of the characters from her TV series is already confirmed for this season so it wouldn't be a stretch if she also showed up. Just don't expect Chris Evans to come out of the woodwork. XD

Oh crap, just thought of a way that it could take a long time to design it and have Simmons look like she hasn't aged much. Simmons is a Chronicom/LMD like Coulson. Quick, lets over analyze the scene where Mac says all LMDs have to have director level approval, and how Simmons reacts.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Loving that intro card, I love the whole 30s, and I've missed going so far back in time ever since Captain America: The First Avenger. I've been asking for more period pieces, so it's nice we're actually doing that now.

Quake fighting in those purple and green dresses is so cool.

LMD Coulson is a scary thing. Him going through everything that's happened in the last 2 years in a matter of seconds was overwhelming, but he'll be a nice ace up their sleeve. I love the idea of his character, it's interesting.

It's touching to see Yoyo react to being able to feel through her more advanced arms now.

Is Freddy THE Malick? Like Gideon Malick? They're really gonna have opportunities for these connections and references.

May gave me vampire vibes.

Lil Henstridge is so good this episode. Really good at playing a Jemma with so much knowledge.

The sets are so beautiful, and I'm loving the period precise costumes.

The preview for next week:

Can't wait for next week already!

There are ltierally dozens of variations on the SSS.

Zomba13

#1 Waluigi Fan! Current Status: Crying
Oct 25, 2017
So my theory from this first episode. Simmons is an Chronocom LMD like Coulson. She's been away a really long time, seems to emphasise that, she's only alive because of Fitz. Either she died and Fitz brought her back as one of these or more likely a REALLY long time passed, Fitz and Simmons are old (and together at a secret time bunker) and LMD Simmons was sent back with Enoch to help the team but with no knowledge of the secret time bunker, but she knows she's an LMD.