• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017
I still can't believe we had 2 seasons with opportunities to bring Ward back, with the fear portal thing, and they didn't do it. Gotta respect them for not bringing Ward back. Guess they had their fun with him coming back in Season 4 and didn't want to push it too much.
There's not been much reason to bring him back. Brett Dalton's cool but he hasn't had a reason to come back. Since S3. S4 was a pull. No one's been scared of Ward since S2. They just hate the motherfucker, so he wasn't gonna show up in S5. S6 was wack. S7 has time travel so it has potential for all kinds of shit.

Leunamus

May 18, 2019
Alright, so AoS is on Disney+ in the Netherlands, will that also be the case in the US? Since at the moment the show is on Netflix.

LakeEarth

Oct 27, 2017
Ontario
I finished the season and liked it overall, but it was full of "stupid" trappings that the show usually avoids. Like when they find those two Strike trying to find each other, they don't just decide to put them on the same plane, but in the same holding cell!?? That was just beyond dumb.

And yeah, pushing the "he's becoming Coulson" and then just going "haha nevermind" was kinda dumb. I think they could've easily saved it if they just said he was playing them with his Coulson knowledge, but then they didn't.

Parisi

Oct 27, 2017
I know that we are technically going into the last season, but any chance we could get more seasons if Disney + decides to keep it going? Or has the ship sailed on that idea?

ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017
Marvel TV started with SHIELD. And they'll end with SHIELD.

... I refuse to believe Helstorm actually makes it to air without being cancelled. Even if it is filming.

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017
I know that we are technically going into the last season, but any chance we could get more seasons if Disney + decides to keep it going? Or has the ship sailed on that idea?
Nah. Like it's been said, at best we get the characters showing up in new stuff. Agents of SHIELD has been a better Inhuman show than the actual Inhuman show, and I refuse to watch the actual Inhuman series because Scott Buck and that trailer said too much as it was.

Quake is the #1 character who would go continue to be a superhero after the end of the series. Her and Yo-Yo, actually. Plus they could bring back in Deathlok.

I predict Deke settling out of time. Fitz and Simmons settling to work in some high tech lab life. Mack to work in a garage. And May to finally just retire.

Last edited:

Parisi

Oct 27, 2017
I wonder what the odds are of Quake actually showing up in one of the Marvel D+ shows or even in one of the movies... It would be really cool to see and now that Feige is in charge of it all, maybe it will happen...

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017
I wonder what the odds are of Quake actually showing up in one of the Marvel D+ shows or even in one of the movies... It would be really cool to see and now that Feige is in charge of it all, maybe it will happen...
There was a video I watched speculating a SWORD series where she'd be a part of Fury's new shit or whatever.
I watched the whole thing and cannot refute your logic.
I mean it's on D+ so maybe now...

Saifu

Oct 27, 2017
Also still no trailer...
Part of me thinks it's not happening in May.
Probably late summer. Hopefully before FATWS, because I don't want the shows to overlap.

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Also still no trailer...
Part of me thinks it's not happening in May.
Probably late summer. Hopefully before FATWS, because I don't want the shows to overlap.
If they don't want it to overlap with the Olympics (and why would they?) then starting May 1st and having a 2 episode final would mean it ends the week before the Olympics starts on July 24th.

Slackerish

Oct 25, 2017
Michigan

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017
i just hope they give me a reason to care about the chronicoms as villains
Honestly the Chronicoms confuse the shit out of me. There're anthropologists and hunters. They want to rebuild their planet and society, or the hunters do because they've either killed or converted the anthropologists.

Quite honestly the Chronicoms as a species and their purpose within the mythos began to confuse me once they became more elaborated on in S6

mnk

Nov 11, 2017
Do we know if they already finished filming the final season or is the virus shutting them down too?

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017
When's the release drop again? Summer? That's too long for a finished season. Too long, I say.

Also that makes more sense and I'm a huge idiot given Ming-Na having filmed The Mandalorian at some point

Dec 7, 2017
With late night shows starting to suspend their airings, I suspect more live audience show will stop airing for the time being. Maybe they'll move up the last season of agents to fill the opening slots?

I'm desperate over here for some Agents!

auicc

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
It will probably end up being in May. ABC still showing their spring stuff so that would need to be done first.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Saw this thread bumped, thought something happened

Thank god they filmed this early

Saifu

Oct 27, 2017
Last day of March and still not a single promo poster or a release date of S7...
Getting really worried here.

Egg0

Oct 25, 2017
Thought there was news...

While we're here, are there any rights issue with Disney possibly throwing this show on Disney+ in the future?

Htown

Oct 25, 2017
While we're here, are there any rights issue with Disney possibly throwing this show on Disney+ in the future?
I would assume it depends on the terms of their contracts with other streaming services. Currently Netflix gets AOS after the season is over, with Hulu showing recently aired episodes only. (As of this post, only the last two episodes of season 6 are still available on Hulu, while Netflix has full seasons 1-6.) It may be that Netflix has exclusive streaming rights for all full seasons of the show.

My guess is they'll air the show on ABC as normal, recently aired episodes on Hulu, and then Netflix when the season's done as usual. Also with so many shows halting production for who knows how long due to COVID, they may be still trying to decide if it's better to get the season out as soon as possible, or perhaps hold it for a more barren time of the year.