• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017
So this just got posted on reddit like, a day ago:

Keep in mind that the link has a video that has spoilers for the post-credits scene for Spider-Man: Far From Home, which I know is a couple months old at this point, but just so you know (I still haven't seen it as of this post)

Rumored that Daisy will be joining the MCU through a new Disney+ series called Agents of SWORD

So, I find it interesting. It's actually a well put together theory, because let's face it there's no rumor here. It's a "rumor".

Let's say Daisy does go to work with Nick Fury, which would probably only be an interaction for the premiere, there would be some powerful "This is Coulson's best" shit. I'm hyped for that and odds of that happening are nil

If Daisy is the only one to go to that series, then I would wonder how the other team members would go forth.

If SHIELD ends, and Daisy goes to something else, then what happens to everyone else if they don't go with?

Mariolee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

Keep in mind that the link has a video that has spoilers for the post-credits scene for Spider-Man: Far From Home, which I know is a couple months old at this point, but just so you know (I still haven't seen it as of this post)

Rumored that Daisy will be joining the MCU through a new Disney+ series called Agents of SWORD

So, I find it interesting. It's actually a well put together theory, because let's face it there's no rumor here. It's a "rumor".

Let's say Daisy does go to work with Nick Fury, which would probably only be an interaction for the premiere, there would be some powerful "This is Coulson's best" shit. I'm hyped for that and odds of that happening are nil

If Daisy is the only one to go to that series, then I would wonder how the other team members would go forth.

If SHIELD ends, and Daisy goes to something else, then what happens to everyone else if they don't go with?

Would be super down for that, but now I'm sad that its not gonna happen because like you said, theres no "rumor".

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017
Would be super down for that, but now I'm sad that its not gonna happen because like you said, theres no "rumor".
I mean, don't get me wrong, this is probably the most well-put together theory I've seen in a minute, but like

Given everything that's already announced, this wouldn't even get put into the mill until next year. Like, February is when we'd actually start hearing stuff, but we already have SOOOOO much Disney+ stuff already I just can't imagine actually hearing anything until like halfway through S7 at best.

Assuming it were to even happen.

Saifu

Oct 27, 2017

Sorry I really wish this could happen cause I love Daisy and AoS....
But I really don't think Feige wants to incorporate anything from the TV division.
The man does not want any baggage that isn't his own.

I could see an Agents of SWORD mini series happening down the line, but I bet it will be a completely new cast and will have nothing to do with AoS. The only thing that stays is probably Fury.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
What is that theory even based on? Just the FFH post-credits scene? Cause anyone could have put that together. Kevin ain't touching this cast.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Low-key I'm fine with this if it means he'll be properly integrated into the MCU, though I suppose Gabriel would likely be replaced.

Saifu

Oct 27, 2017
I would be pissed if they cancelled this and still not bring Luna/Robbie into a movie or D plus show...

Deleted member 17388

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, this is probably the cutting point for the Marvel TV projects.

I guess from now on Marvel Studios will do everything for Disney+.

Shame I expect a recast, and probably we'll be seeing Johnny Blaze instead of Robbie Reyes...

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017
Well, they still have Helstrom coming up. It's entirely possible he'll show up there. Loeb was pushing pretty hard for Hulu to have this whole "Fear" imprint they want to do with the horror shows that now seems to just be Helstrom and no others slated for it.

A bummer, but what can you do? Doubtful he'll get a Disney+ show, but then again I would've said the same thing about Moon Knight.

ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, this is probably the cutting point for the Marvel TV projects.

I guess from now on Marvel Studios will do everything for Disney+.

Shame I expect a recast, and probably we'll be seeing Johnny Blaze instead of Robbie Reyes...

Marvel TV should probably be looking for new ways to distinguish themselves from Studios and experiment. Like those animated projects coming to Hulu.

I think that's the best way to move forward and also let's them do their own versions of characters in the MCU without worrying about Marvel Studios.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
Nobody really posted it in here, but Chloe Bennet talked about Season 7 recently:

"I can say we are back in time, so we have to get… the whole goal is to get back to where we were," Bennet explained.

"So that means traveling through a bunch of different time periods and who knows who we see on the way back, if we even get back. It's actually one of the most… season 4 and season 7 are definitely my favorite seasons of SHIELD," she added.

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017
Oh man do you think they'll have a young Matt Murdock cameo? Since they were both at St Agnes? Although Matt is older than her so I'm pretty sure Matt would've left by the time she was at the orphanage

enzo_gt

Oct 25, 2017
Marvel TV should probably be looking for new ways to distinguish themselves from Studios and experiment. Like those animated projects coming to Hulu.

I think that's the best way to move forward and also let's them do their own versions of characters in the MCU without worrying about Marvel Studios.
This is what What If is kind of for, though.

BlackNMild2k1

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Bay Area, CA
This is what What If is kind of for, though.

Actually, so far, What If...!? appears to be for alternate storylines for existing movies (and future D+ shows?).
Marvel TV could move forward in to more animation projects and possibly creating a AMTVU using the whole complete roster of Marvel characters.

Let Marvel Studios handle all the live action stuff going forward.

8byte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kansas
So I took the advice of someone on this thread, and I pushed through S1.

...I just finished S6 and I gotta say this has got to be the BIGGEST turnaround of a show for me. I went from not enjoying most of S1 to effectively adoring everything it has to offer. I cannot wait for Season7, but I'm sad it's coming to an end.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

...I just finished S6 and I gotta say this has got to be the BIGGEST turnaround of a show for me. I went from not enjoying most of S1 to effectively adoring everything it has to offer. I cannot wait for Season7, but I'm sad it's coming to an end.

So are we, but it's been a fun ride at least

knuckles

Oct 29, 2017
We were truly blessed with 7 seasons, ratings were so consistently terribble it was unsure if there would be a season 3 but someone at disney was a fan i guess.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
We were truly blessed with 7 seasons, ratings were so consistently terribble it was unsure if there would be a season 3 but someone at disney was a fan i guess.

The best was getting a 2 season renewal out of nowhere right before the former ABC head left or whatever

CallMeShaft

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

Good to see you ended up enjoying it. And you didn't even criticize Season 6!

Welcome to the Shield fandom. Unfortunately you've arrived at the tail end of things, but better late than never.

Edit: Looking at your earlier post here, you said your fiance was watching it with you. Did they stick around and if so, did the show also grow on them?

8byte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kansas
So are we, but it's been a fun ride at least
definitely. Can't wait to rewatch it in a few years!

Good to see you ended up enjoying it. And you didn't even criticize Season 6!

Welcome to the Shield fandom. Unfortunately you've arrived at the tail end of things, but better late than never.

Edit: Looking at your earlier post here, you said your fiance was watching it with you. Did they stick around and if so, did the show also grow on them?

She did! We're married now, so she didn't ditch me after subjecting her to S1. Funnily enough, she ended up liking some of the show even more than I did!

As for criticism, I have some mild ones, but I'm pretty easy to please. I'm hoping that S7 is the proper send off that Coulson deserves.

CallMeShaft

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
definitely. Can't wait to rewatch it in a few years!

She did! We're married now, so she didn't ditch me after subjecting her to S1. Funnily enough, she ended up liking some of the show even more than I did!

As for criticism, I have some mild ones, but I'm pretty easy to please. I'm hoping that S7 is the proper send off that Coulson deserves.
Congrats on marrying a Shield fan. The easiest way to tell if you got a good one.

Saifu

Oct 27, 2017
I don't know how S7 ends vis-a-vis Coulson but c'mon Feige, bring our boy home.
I really don't think Feige will ever bring back Coulson into the MCU movies or D+ shows even if Coulson is once again revived somehow
by the end of the final season. It's too convoluted.
Also, wasn't Feige the one that was totally against Coulson being revived for Agents of Shield to begin with???

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017
I got my pops to start watching it and I've been watching it slowly with him. We're almost to the end of S1 and he really likes it. Thing his he hasn't seen like almost any of the movies, including Avengers and Winter Soldier. But he's doin fine with it. You kinda forget really how much S1 references the movies and assumes you did and therefore know what happened.

Skeeter49

I wish Jim Ryan would eat me
Oct 25, 2017
I still can't believe we had 2 seasons with opportunities to bring Ward back, with the fear portal thing, and they didn't do it. Gotta respect them for not bringing Ward back. Guess they had their fun with him coming back in Season 4 and didn't want to push it too much.

Deleted member 17388

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Test markets know their shows.

Marvel Studios' Agents of S.W.O.R.D. incoming?

I still can't believe we had 2 seasons with opportunities to bring Ward back, with the fear portal thing, and they didn't do it. Gotta respect them for not bringing Ward back. Guess they had their fun with him coming back in Season 4 and didn't want to push it too much.
There's the next season...
The Black Widow movie
T A S K M A S T E R
A
S
K
M
A
S
T
E
R