• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Luigi87

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Finally watched the latest ep.
FitzSimmons is the best couple in TV dammit! I friggin' loved this episode.

MilesQ

Oct 25, 2017
Fun episode, but this season is really dragging. Did we really need an entire episode focused on FitzSimmons?

No. No, we didn't. The show is definitely suffering from only having two arcs instead of three.

abrack

Unshakable Resolve
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
DFW
We absolutely didn't. It didn't progress the plot at all and felt entirely pointless by the end.

I don't think an episode's quality is determined by how much it moves forward the main plot. Character development/relationships aren't pointless, and we needed to see them deal with the whole "Fitz died last season, this Fitz isn't the same and didn't experience all the same stuff" thing dealt with. And this episode did it wonderfully.

No idea how you personally feel about this, but The Constant is considered one of the best / the best episodes of Lost and from what I remember it doesn't progress the plot much either; it's just a damn good Desmond and Penny episode (But I haven't seen it since it aired so I could be wrong about it not moving the plot. I certainly don't REMEMBER it moving the plot along.)

Plus, Enoch betraying the Chronicoms and rescuing Fitz and Simmons from captivity did progress the plot. It was just mostly at the end.

Last edited:

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
We absolutely didn't. It didn't progress the plot at all and felt entirely pointless by the end.

Based on the almost universal praise for this episode, which will likely go down as one of the series' best, you're likely in a small minority on this one. :P

Not every episode of a TV show needs to move the season-long arc forward. Without taking time for episodes like this, nothing else that happens in the series matters.

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
this week's episode is hands down the best of the season (and I'm enjoying this season a lot) and probably one of my favorites of the whole series. So good. I am genuinely intrigued by this whole Sarge business and I have theories but I'm sure they're all wrong.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
this week's episode is hands down the best of the season (and I'm enjoying this season a lot) and probably one of my favorites of the whole series. So good. I am genuinely intrigued by this whole Sarge business and I have theories but I'm sure they're all wrong.

I'm a little mixed on the Sarge stuff but really enjoying the rest of the season. I'm hoping the Sarge arc pays off though and we end up getting regular Coulson back. Not having him has shown just how important he is to the series.

So far, the season is sitting in the middle of the series for me.

4 > 2 > 5 (second half) > 3 (first half) > 6 > 5 (first half) > 3 (second half) > 1

I'll explain my reasoning behind the ranking and why I split two of the seasons, as I'm realizing as I type this that I've likely started a page of personal rankings.

S4 and S2 are so close together for me. I find them nearly perfect from start to finish, with S4 getting an edge because of the Framework arc and Ghost Rider, but I think it faulted in the season finale a bit, which felt rushed. The two-part S2 finale, however, was the best in the series until S5.

I really enjoyed the first half of S5. It was weird and experimental. Not every single thing landed for me but it remained interesting. The second half was fantastic though, from the 100th episode to Fitz losing his mind to that amazing series finale that didn't end up being a series finale.

Season 3 was strange. I felt that the first half continued the overall quality of S2 while going a bit darker. We had Simmons' amazing solo episode and some standout moments for both Fitz and Coulson, showing how far their characters have come. That being said, the Hive arc that took up the second half of the season didn't fully work. Part of that is that it didn't really end in the way I had hoped.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Did we really need an entire episode focused on FitzSimmons?

It's one of the best episodes in the series so obviously yes lol

Though even outside of that, they needed to properly handle how the fallout of this Fitz realizing everything he had missed out on.

Skeeter49

I wish Jim Ryan would eat me
Oct 25, 2017
I watched this episode over 10 times.

Rewatched the episode last season with The Doctor, and I forgot how fucked up the operation on Daisy was.

H.Cornerstone

Oct 27, 2017
I am guessing people who didn't like this episode also didn't like 4,722 Hours, the goat AOS episode.

Last edited:

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
It looks like my ABC station isn't showing this week's episode. My TV Guide shows some stupid bicycling championship, instead.

Skeeter49

I wish Jim Ryan would eat me
Oct 25, 2017
Was 4,722 episode the episode where Jemma is trapped on that one planet and fucks pre Ward hive?

OP
OP
StarCreator

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
New episode tonight:
Toldja
After finding themselves in yet another gambling dilemma, a mysterious stranger offers Enoch and FitzSimmons a ride home.

DangerMouse

Oct 25, 2017
Fitz and Simmons are the new Miles O'Brien. The writers go out of their way to torture those two.
Haha, it's true.

The only thing which was a bit random, was the daisy/mac saves the day moment. Still the throw back to earlier seasons with mac being the fitz mate and protector was great. Was secretly hoping for a ward cameo though.

Fitzsimmons truly are the heart of the show
It made sense since it was just Fitz and Simmons basically "summoning" versions of them to help them get out of trouble.

Yeah they are.

DangerMouse

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, and other than that the long elevator ride with Sarge and then the others like Daisy seeing him for the first time, which is probably right around when you turned it on.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
feels like the "I seen gods up close" is a call back to the avengers