• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Does Agents of Shield deserve a Season Seven

• Yes

Votes: 35 34.0%
  • Most Definitely

Votes: 16 15.5%
  • Wait, what happen to Six?

Votes: 13 12.6%
  • Only if they include The Daughters of the Dragon

Votes: 12 11.7%
  • Thor 2: The Ghost Rider

Votes: 27 26.2%

• Total voters

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
Is this where we theorycraft how AoS and Captain Marvel fit together?

Coulson gets left out of the vast majority of the action here, explaining how he ended up learning about everything on the fly later. He specifically never sees Carol do anything superhuman; he's lost in the Blockbuster while the fake was at the first contact, and only briefly sees her in the stairwell when he lets them escape.

SHIELD gets what seems to be its first alien body here... but it's a Skrull, not a Kree. Maybe they kept it elsewhere in the guest house. We'll never know now. The situation didn't play out in a way that a Kree body could have been left on Earth... this time, anyway.

Zero-ELEC

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
México
Is this where we theorycraft how AoS and Captain Marvel fit together?

Coulson gets left out of the vast majority of the action here, explaining how he ended up learning about everything on the fly later. He specifically never sees Carol do anything superhuman; he's lost in the Blockbuster while the fake was at the first contact, and only briefly sees her in the stairwell when he lets them escape.

SHIELD gets what seems to be its first alien body here... but it's a Skrull, not a Kree. Maybe they kept it elsewhere in the guest house. We'll never know now. The situation didn't play out in a way that a Kree body could have been left on Earth... this time, anyway.
We know where S.H.I.E.L.D. got the Kree body in the series, the S.S.R. captured it from Hydra.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Speculation after seeing Captain Marvel.

The Skrull posing as Coulson was somehow revived and ended up stuck in the form of Coulson. That's who we see in S6.

Tetsujin

Unshakable Resolve
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Not gonna see Captain Marvel until next week but I assume even with Coulson there the AoS references/nods will be at 0%?

Tetsujin

Unshakable Resolve
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
I mean, they could have namedropped something or someone (*coughAgentMaycough*) at least but yeah, I don't actually think any of the writers even watch any Marvel TV.

Tetsujin

Unshakable Resolve
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
I'm rewatching AoS season 1 at the moment and Coulson says at one point that Fury recruited him straight out of high school. I feel like that clashes with him still being a rookie in the 90s...

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
I'm rewatching AoS season 1 at the moment and Coulson says at one point that Fury recruited him straight out of high school. I feel like that clashes with him still being a rookie in the 90s...
Recruited doesn't mean he was an agent right away. Could've worked in the mail room for a while. :P

SamAlbro

Oct 25, 2017
Recruited doesn't mean he was an agent right away. Could've worked in the mail room for a while. :P

Also, as we know, SHIELD has an academy that all SHIELD employees need to go through. Maybe he took a long time?

Besides, wouldn't be the first MCU quiet retcon (Odin's Infinity Gauntlet, The Ten Rings, etc)

SamAlbro

Oct 25, 2017
That's the ten rings retcon?

The Ten Rings was a terrorist organization in Iron Man 1. There was a lot of vague hinting that their leader was the Mandarin, until they decided to go a different direction with The Mandarin in Iron Man 3. Then they re-retconned THAT in the "All Hail the King" oneshot to imply that there actually is a real Mandarin out there.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
After watching Captain Marvel I'm very curious how long this script outline was around due to how effortlessly it fits in with AOS.

Mariolee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I love that I already made that same joke on Era.

Because it's true.

Though now that I think about it, they refer to Coulson as a rookie in the film. So it might not have made sense for May to be there since he was there longer than she was.

Was he? Weren't they together for their first mission?

First Actions
"You weren't exactly thrilled when we got assigned that retrieval op in Sausalito, that coffee shop, our first mission?"
"That's because the commander sent us in with no exit plan. I was in the bay for five hours."
"I fished you out... eventually."
―Phil Coulson and Melinda May[src]
Coulson's first mission was with Melinda May. He was sent on a retrieval operation to a coffee shop in Sausalito. The mission did not have an exit strategy and resulted in May spending five hours in the bay until Coulson fished her out.[20] Over the years, Coulson and May developed a good friendship. During their time together with the two often spoke about being able to pick their own ops and call their own shots.[1] During one of their very first missions together, Coulson allowed May to drive his car Lola, making her vow to never tell anybody about it. [21]
https://marvelcinematicuniverse.fandom.com/wiki/Phil_Coulson

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
Wait, does it?

Coulson doesn't know about the Kree in Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., even after recovering his memories...
Coulson doesn't know about the Kree in Captain Marvel either. He was never directly present for any major event in the movie; the Coulson present at the first contact with Carol was a Skrull duplicate, and he himself only ever laid eyes on Carol once (in the stairwell, where she wasn't doing anything particularly superhuman).

Zero-ELEC

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
México
Coulson doesn't know about the Kree in Captain Marvel either. He was never directly present for any major event in the movie; the Coulson present at the first contact with Carol was a Skrull duplicate, and he himself only ever laid eyes on Carol once (in the stairwell, where she wasn't doing anything particularly superhuman).
He literally asks Fury if the it was true that "the Kree burned [his] eye" because he "wouldn't give them the Tesseract".

He mentions the Kree by name.

ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017
After watching Captain Marvel I'm very curious how long this script outline was around due to how effortlessly it fits in with AOS.
Wait, does it?

Coulson doesn't know about the Kree in Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., even after recovering his memories...

I mean, it's not like we weren't aware that Marvel Studios is ignoring the Marvel Television produced stuff before. Especially now that Disney+ is allowing them to make their own shows that will be acknowledged by the movies according to Feige.

Might as well treat this (and every other Marvel Television produced show) as it's own thing/alternate universe.

H.Cornerstone

Oct 27, 2017
I mean, it's not like we weren't aware that Marvel Studios is ignoring the Marvel Television produced stuff before. Especially now that Disney+ is allowing them to make their own shows that will be acknowledged by the movies according to Feige.

Might as well treat this (and every other Marvel Television produced show) as it's own thing/alternate universe.
Ive been doing that since season 3 and have enjoyed the show much more for it.

Danthrax

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Northeast Ohio
Coulson's SHIELD profile as shown in the pilot episode lists his birthday as July 8, 1964. So he would have been about 30 in Captain Marvel ... definitely not fresh out of high school.

Mariolee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Wait, does it?

Are we sure? He definitely was in charge of the TAHITI program which used Kree blood. It could be that also he didn't recover all of his memories.

Zero-ELEC

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
México
Are we sure? He definitely was in charge of the TAHITI program which used Kree blood. It could be that also he didn't recover all of his memories.
yeah, he knew about the Guest Host, but they never implied he knew about the Kree by name. And I was under the impression that he did recover all of his memories after being in the Theta Brain-Wave thingy machine.

entrydenied

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
yeah, he knew about the Guest Host, but they never implied he knew about the Kree by name. And I was under the impression that he did recover all of his memories after being in the Theta Brain-Wave thingy machine.

Given that he was in charge of Project Tahiti, he should have known about the Kree blood.I'm willing to accept that it's actually a AoS error that he didn't know about the Kree after his memories were regained. It could also have been partial memory gain. It was never that clear.

Lonestar

Roll Tahd, Pawl
Oct 25, 2017
https://www.marvel.com/articles/tv-shows/first-look-agents-of-shield-season-6-group-shot

150908_2325_r2.jpg

Mariolee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Was just about to post.

That may be one of the coolest cast photos ever. Like a Sci-Fi last supper.

Lonestar

Roll Tahd, Pawl
Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully the cover image isn't too bad, it doesn't quite fit on PC desktop, bit Mobile works out. I just like the color and imagery

Saifu

Oct 27, 2017
Let's see...
-Fury's toolbox is back into play.
-A sword of some kind in the middle?
-A reference to the last supper...so Evil Coulson is Judas and Mack is Jesus?? Mack to die in S6 confirmed?