• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 721

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

"Timeline history of all movies from Marvel Comics brand versus DC Comics brand starting 1978 to 2019. Numbers represent worldwide gross revenue adjusted for ticket price inflation. Reason for numbers growing after initial movie release date is a long-term ticket price adjustment."

very cool graph, its cool to see the numbers growing, and i have to say spiderman 3 and iron man 3 didnt deserve that success.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Always fun to see charts like this. Interesting to see what movies stay on with inflation.

Also Iron Man 3 did deserve that success.

BlackNMild2k1

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Bay Area, CA
Looks like Spider-Man: FFH just missed the cut, and would be #15 if the list shows one more w/ $1.131B

and it's crazy that Endgame has more than doubt the gross than the next Non-Avengers movie on the list (which also happens to be MCU)

May 24, 2019
Huh. Batman and Robin was a but of a boxoffice dud. I didn't know that.

edit: The Dark Knight was fuckin' huge. It knocked Spider-man right out.
The funniest one is Thor popping on and off the list after a couple of months.
Why was Iron Man 3 so much more popular than the other two? Cause it was post-Avengers? The China stuff?

Last edited:

Deleted member 31923

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 8, 2017
Crazy how DC had a monopoly until the 2000's, and the current decade is when Marvel took over. Also cool to see when Endgame arrives and shrinks all of the others substantially.

Rvaan

Oct 25, 2017
Huh. Batman and Robin was a but of a boxoffice dud. I didn't know that.

edit: The Dark Knight was fuckin' huge. It knocked Spider-man right out.
The funniest one is Thor popping on and off the list after a couple of months.
Why was Iron Man 3 so much more popular than the other two? Cause it was post-Avengers? The China stuff?
Ironman 3 got the post Avengers 1 bump.

Parch

Nov 6, 2017
They do these timeline charts for a lot of different things. Very cool.

First Superman held the title for a long time and hung in there for top 5 quite awhile too.
The MCU movies don't waste anytime. They vault up there in a hurry.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
You can almost hear the Avengers theme kick in when the Avengers movies bar barrels past the competition.

It's an Avengers world now..

Also bears repeating that this is inflation adjusted. That's why first Superman movie is like a billion dollar "gross."

Oct 25, 2017
Batman Begins did much more poorly than I thought.

BvS doubling its take is just sad.
People aren't joking when they said Batman and Robin hurt the brand ,
also
Catwoman_poster.jpg

was just 1 year before it, people didn't trust Begins at all till WoM.