• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Lorcain

Oct 27, 2017
That being said as a beat em up fan i truly wish Ninja Theory implemented a grappling system. No reason why i shouldn't be able to grab suckers and spin em around as Hulk.
As much as I'm enjoying the game, I do miss this from MUA1&2. It was so much fun grabbing dudes and throwing them into walls and other bad guys. I remember Hulk being able to beat down other bad guys with the dude he was holding lol. I also miss the trip combo from 1&2, I used that a lot for single target crowd control.

Dartastic

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've got a shitton of money and I have no idea what to do with it. I WANT to upgrade one of those alliance spheres more, but I don't have the upgrade materials. I don't know what to do.

dunkzilla

alt account
Banned
Dec 13, 2018
So uh this seems hard as balls. I don't think I "get" it yet. I don't remember the past games being this hard.

DrBo42

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So uh this seems hard as balls. I don't think I "get" it yet. I don't remember the past games being this hard.
So a brief primer, interrupts are pretty useful in this game. If you see an enemy charging an attack (usually have some sort of circular red effect around their feet) if you hit them with a strong ability or even a heavy, there's a good chance you'll instantly send them into a stagger state. Stagger states can also be reached by eliminating the purple bars of enemies with interrupts, synergy attacks, or abilities that have good stagger damage. If it's a boss sent into a stagger state (standing on one foot is the indication from some enemies and/or leaning backwards like they're about to fall) this is a good time to use your extreme attacks.

Some people mistakenly wait until they're in a hard stun state to active their extreme attacks but due to the startup frames on these huge attacks, you're wasting potential damage. If you activate your extreme attacks while someone is staggered, they'll get pushed INTO the stun state (stun state makes enemies takes way more damage from attacks and extreme attacks especially). If it's just a beefier enemy that's a non-boss that you've staggered, use a synergy attack to push them from stagger into a stun state rather than an extreme, unless you can maximize your damage because you're being swarmed. Other than the offensive kit, rolls seem to have invulnerability.

Last edited:

Valkerion

Oct 29, 2017
Now that I finished the game I'm looking for people to do infinity and superior mode with online.

Feel free to ad me or pop your own code here so we can play.
SW-1643-9276-9407

also I'm Japan time but anytime should be ok since I'm on vacation atm

Thorn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What synergies mix with Charge? The list doesn't give any, but I know i'm doing SOMETHING with Venom Fang.

Deleted member 17388

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
In the gallery menu the cutscene is called "Beyond Infinity" so it might be something to do with the Beyonders?
That can only mean...

latest

pls

Durden

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So if my friend gets this, can we play from the beginning of the story to the end online normally? Or will it like put us in a lobby every save point or some shit?

DrBo42

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So if my friend gets this, can we play from the beginning of the story to the end online normally? Or will it like put us in a lobby every save point or some shit?
You're good to go as soon as you start the story, just continues with everyone in the same game. Can even bounce back and forth from Infinity rifts when you find them. Just make sure the host knows you can change the mode you're in (Story/Infinity) from the Room Details option in the lobby.

OP
OP
Mandos

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Rolling with Ghost Rider now, and I'm laughing because my team now has full synergy capability with all specials with all characters(Crystal, Wasp, Thor and Ghost Rider) ok amount of team bonuses too.

Also outside of Jessica Jones and Lockjaw I could see any of the story npcs becoming free dlc like Colossus and Cyclops. So far Vision and Beast seem super obvious(on Dark Dimension) but time will tell

nicoga3000

Oct 25, 2017
Kingpin down.
Man he was EASY compared to some of the previous bosses.

Scarlet Witch is still my jam. I know she's not as OP as some heroes, but her fan of knives ability or whatever is SUPER amazing for mobbing.

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017

The game really wants you to use synergy attacks to break defenses of enemies with super armor. Some special attacks can be changed to do the same thing too (like Captain America's shield bash), although you still will need synergy attacks when the enemy has their defense break to send them into "stun" mode which keeps them still for longer.

Also, you can always hold defense and press to the sides to roll away from attacks, even while you're getting attacked.

OP
OP
Mandos

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Ok dr strange took me two tries, second one
I used xp cubes to get me leveled up to the 25 that Ghost Rider was at and that did the trick. I think I'm going with my current team for the rest of this haul

Durden

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
You're good to go as soon as you start the story, just continues with everyone in the same game. Can even bounce back and forth from Infinity rifts when you find them. Just make sure the host knows you can change the mode you're in (Story/Infinity) from the Room Details option in the lobby.

Awesome, he just got it. Thanks!

Phil32

Oct 28, 2017
Where has everyone gotten their first Game Over (that is, if you have gotten a Game Over)?

My answer in spoiler:

I got a Game Over on Ultron's first form. Funnily enough, Dr. Strange and then Dormammu were first try victories.

@dedmunk

Banned
Oct 11, 2018
Hi all, I am trying to avoid spoilers like the plague, I am only a short bit into the game but I think I missed some of the tutorial.

Is there a good rundown on how the combat synergy works as well as the attack types? Please quote me cause I don't want to risk spoilers :P

Tetra-Grammaton-Cleric

user requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
As much as I'm enjoying the game, I do miss this from MUA1&2. It was so much fun grabbing dudes and throwing them into walls and other bad guys. I remember Hulk being able to beat down other bad guys with the dude he was holding lol. I also miss the trip combo from 1&2, I used that a lot for single target crowd control.

The lack of grappling is an odd omission for this game and I really wish it had been included.

Aine

May 27, 2019
Where has everyone gotten their first Game Over (that is, if you have gotten a Game Over)?

My answer in spoiler:

I got a Game Over on Ultron's first form. Funnily enough, Dr. Strange and then Dormammu were first try victories.

I was struggling really hard for a bit with
Ultimo-Ultron, myself.

The game really teaches you not to mess around with leveling your team.

Stat

Oct 25, 2017
At the VERY beginning of the game after you complete the tutorial area, ...very minor spoilers ahead...

When you meet the Avengers and you can talk to them, do the Guardians not have voices when they're asking questions?

Lady Bow

Nov 30, 2017
At the VERY beginning of the game after you complete the tutorial area, ...very minor spoilers ahead...

When you meet the Avengers and you can talk to them, do the Guardians not have voices when they're asking questions?
The person asking the questions to the NPCs will never have voice lines. (since you have the option of picking from 36 characters, the developers didn't want to do voice acting for every single line)

Manatron

Feb 6, 2018
Does anyone know what the max level per character is?

I have enjoyed this game immensely so far. It's been forever since I beat a game and then dove right back in on a harder difficulty.

Soupman Prime

The Fallen
Nov 8, 2017
Boston, MA
Is anyone on here playing together. Still early in the game with a lot of characters to unlock, currently using the Original Avengers. I have found myself close to dying a few times but I am still getting used to everything but I am enjoying it.

Lady Bow

Nov 30, 2017
Got it. Kinda lame, seems kinda low budget (I get it) but still.
Well, think about it. Off the top of my head there's probably 50 NPC interactions throughout the game with all unique dialogue. Each NPC interaction give or take has 4-5 lines of dialogue from the player. There's 36 characters in the game that can interact with the NPCs at any given time so.... 5 x 50 = 250 lines of dialogue, then you gotta record 250 lines of dialogue for each character which lines up to 9000 lines of dialogue extra to record. It's not a matter of low budget but more so little gain for something pretty insignificant.

That's not even mentioning that the lines from the player have to be generic since you can be literally playing as anyone.

Mr. Pointy

Oct 28, 2017
I find that you want to be at least 5 levels above whatever the game recommends on the pause menu. Especially against

Thane

Ryce

Oct 25, 2017
It really does seem like there wasn't enough time to finish a handful of characters. Vision, Beast, Valkyrie, and Nova hang around in some of the ensemble cutscenes as though they're party members.

Dartastic

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So, seriously, what can I do with all my money? I can't use it on anything because I need more cubes or whatever to upgrade my tree.

Lady Bow

Nov 30, 2017
It really does seem like there wasn't enough time to finish a handful of characters. Vision, Beast, Valkyrie, and Nova hang around in some of the ensemble cutscenes as though they're party members.
Beast especially feels like a hard lock for the X-Men dlc pack. Shame he couldn't make it into base but his banter and chemistry in the cutscenes is pretty damn great. The writer and voice actor nailed it.

Aine

May 27, 2019
The person asking the questions to the NPCs will never have voice lines. (since you have the option of picking from 36 characters, the developers didn't want to do voice acting for every single line)

The older games had special voiced dialogue sections when you have a certain character on a team and interact with certain NPCs, which is missed.

Oct 30, 2017
I just recruited Psylocke. I've never known her very well since I didn't read the comics... but why the hell would I not use her? She's a god damn psychic ninja with violet energy katana. Her jump attack is the spin slash from Ninja Gaiden. Super fun to play as.

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I noticed that. It also seems like they come along with you... but aren't playable. Vision even has some random dialogue lines much later, which is just odd.

Attilan also feels like it was mean to be much more considering it's an entire chapter but essentially just a boss fight.

I wonder what a few more months would have made this game look like. Granted, we will get post-release support, which is good. But I doubt they'll go back and address the main campaign at all.