• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

EDarkness

Oct 25, 2017
I'm looking forward to getting my copy of the game, but I kinda figured it wouldn't be some technical marvel once it was announced that Team Ninja was working on the game. I'm sure Nintendo still uses them because they're cheap, but I haven't been all that impressed with their stuff for a long time. Either way, the game looks fun and it'll be awesome to kick some ass as Spidey. I wish Gambit was in, though.

Violet

Alt account
Banned
Feb 7, 2019
dc
I mean it's being published by Nintendo, don't expect any major drops other than that $50 price Walmart and Costco have. Although if you wait till beginning of October you'll also have the marvel Knights dlc available for purchase from the get go just in time for Haloween

yeah usually your best bet for Nintendo titles is a black friday drop to like $35 bucks (or more often, 45-50).

BlkSquirtle

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Played until Iron Fist, went to bed at 3 am and got to work late but it was worth it. Played it all in bed and it was great. Those screenshots for portable mode were super wrong, game looks great.

Last edited:

GDGF

Oct 26, 2017
I'm so torn on this game right now. The reviews and general impressions are precisely at that tipping point between being sold on it as "good enough" to satisfy my thirst for a game like this and also just being maybe a bit too janky to justify a voucher use/full MSRP on it with Fire Emblem next week.

I was like that until I read this thread. The right people here are saying just the right things I needed to hear. Game sounds fun as hell. Copping it as soon as I can.

nicoga3000

Oct 25, 2017
Started on Mighty. That opening boss was not the cakewalk I expected? Am I just bad, or is it supposed to make you at least work for it a little?

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Started on Mighty. That opening boss was not the cakewalk I expected? Am I just bad, or is it supposed to make you at least work for it a little?

Yeah, if you're on Mighty don't expect any easy boss battles (well, kind of, Sandman did get very easy after noticing his pattern).

jtar86

Nov 5, 2017
The camera in Co-op may be the worst I've ever seen in any game. Can barely see most of the time, enemies and bosses off screen. I can't believe they play tested this and said yeah this is good enough.

LionelHutz

Mar 3, 2018
Been playing it most of the day (UK) and it's great. The camera and smoothness of the game can be janky, but honestly i don't care.

Playing with a team of Wolverine, Deadpool, Hulk and Spiderman. Smashing around as Hulk is amazingly good fun.

One question though, in terms of X-Men. We've got:

Wolverine
Storm
Psylocke
Nightcrawler

Cyclops (Free DLC)
Colossus (Free DLC)

and then FOUR other X-Men? Once of which we can assume will be Beast?

So the chances of Gambit being in are .... good?

Son of Liberty

Production
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
California
Played about an hour so far, it's about what I expected: a solid action game with a lot of Marvel fan service.
I'm looking forward to playing co-op and the new DLC characters when they get released.

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Been playing it most of the day (UK) and it's great. The camera and smoothness of the game can be janky, but honestly i don't care.

Playing with a team of Wolverine, Deadpool, Hulk and Spiderman. Smashing around as Hulk is amazingly good fun.

Wolverine
Storm
Psylocke
Nightcrawler

Cyclops (Free DLC)
Colossus (Free DLC)

I wouldn't assume Beast is one of them. I do think Gambit has a decent chance though.

OP
OP
Mandos

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017

Wolverine
Storm
Psylocke
Nightcrawler

Cyclops (Free DLC)
Colossus (Free DLC)

You've also got Magneto in base(he's been a full card carrying X-men multiple times)

Hm depends very much on what story they decide to go with, Beast is definitely not for sure though. Could be anyone and there may be more than four

Palette Swap

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I've been playing on Mighty with Heroic camera and am enjoying it a lot, but man, I hate that this comes out at the same time as the final Splat Fest.

Mafro

Oct 25, 2017
Aren't Colossus and Cyclops already NPCs in the game? I'd say Beast has a good chance of being another free character at some point like them.

Give me Archangel so I can get my Uncanny X-Force team along with Psylocke, Wolverine and Deadpool.

JakeNoseIt

Catch My Drift
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
The camera in Co-op may be the worst I've ever seen in any game. Can barely see most of the time, enemies and bosses off screen. I can't believe they play tested this and said yeah this is good enough.

it's pretty weird. Like, how could there not be a better solution? How does it get hung up on literally everything in the environment?

tim1138

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
My wife and I played local co-op up through
the Raft
and are having a blast. The game play is just reminiscent enough of the old XML and MUA games where you can jump in and the controls feel familiar, but it still has some new systems and things to learn. We've checked out about a dozen characters so far and they all have felt pretty unique, and a couple of them have moves lifted straight from M vs C.

HeRinger

Oct 28, 2017
I've noticed a lot of reviews criticizing the fact that the game doesn't encourage you to switch around heroes because those who are in the bench don't level up together with your team.

I think it's a completely valid complaint, but am I the only one glad they made it this way? At least this is going to encourage me to do at least one more playthrough with a completely different party. If I kept changing during the first playthrough, those new characters wouldn't feel as fresh since I would already have used them before.

Cross

Oct 25, 2017

Wolverine
Storm
Psylocke
Nightcrawler

Cyclops (Free DLC)
Colossus (Free DLC)

We're not sure how many characters there per DLC packs, Gambit seems like a safe bet.

Hucast

alt account
Banned
Mar 25, 2019
I've noticed a lot of reviews criticizing the fact that the game doesn't encourage you to switch around heroes because those who are in the bench don't level up together with your team.

I think it's a completely valid complaint, but am I the only one glad they made it this way? At least this is going to encourage me to do at least one more playthrough with a completely different party. If I kept changing during the first playthrough, those new characters wouldn't feel as fresh since I would already have used them before.
I am with you. It would have been a dealbreaker for me if it was that way, as in not buying the game dealbreaker.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
I mean it's being published by Nintendo, don't expect any major drops other than that $50 price Walmart and Costco have. Although if you wait till beginning of October you'll also have the marvel Knights dlc available for purchase from the get go just in time for Haloween

It is not a nintendo IP ... it is more of a bayonetta situation and this one had it's sales here and there

Ze_Shoopuf

Jun 12, 2018
So from what I can tell, abilities can only synergise with other abilities of a certain type. Is there a way on the team selection screen to see at a glance what moves will synergise before selecting them? I ended up picking a team of characters I like but they ended up being useless together
i also would like to know how to tell if you will get synergies with your teammates.

the menus show bonus stats for the team, but not if they will get synergies (like with Gamora & StarLord in the beginning).

Ranmo

Oct 26, 2017
i also would like to know how to tell if you will get synergies with your teammates.

the menus show bonus stats for the team, but not if they will get synergies (like with Gamora & StarLord in the beginning).

If you press the ability Button on the team select menu. The icons switch between the ability and type icon. Matching type icons synergize.

Soggoth

Oct 29, 2017
User warned: derogatory language
Man, that fight with
Dr. Strange
is retarded. So much AOE that stuns your hero. Fucking bullshit.

Lucifonz

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
What's going on with the volume - anyone else suffering from extremely quiet sound playing docked? Switch menu etc is all fine but game is so quiet beyond any media I've played lately.

Laserbeam

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Played the first chapter and two challenge thingies and it feels like a beat em' up hack and slash mixed with the "Warriors" games and that is what I wanted, so I'm pretty happy.

Shit can get pretty hectic and and I'm learning stuff, but it's really fun!

to be clear: R is normal special attacks and ZR is a sort of "forced" synergy attack, right? (single player). I think I was confused for a while about that.

Brixx

Jan 26, 2018
Just finished up the 'tutorial,' now I'm just waiting for my friends to get home so we can take this bad boy online. I've enjoyed what I've played so far.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
What's going on with the volume - anyone else suffering from extremely quiet sound playing docked? Switch menu etc is all fine but game is so quiet beyond any media I've played lately.

The sound is garbage docked. Sounds like I'm missing half the sound effects all the time because the volume difference are so strange. It's extremely odd.

shiftplusone

Oct 25, 2017
so we're having a game day tomorrow night for this. 3 switches, 4 players.

How is progress tracked? I know we need to finish the opening tutorial to unlock local wireless play, but if we all are at the same start point will we all advance our own games appropriately, or does only 1 player get progression online?

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Man amazon is usually really good with release date deliveries but ive seen a lot of problems with this one, says mine is out for delivery. Hopefully it doesn't get sucked into a black hole or something
I cancelled it but now it says it has shipped after almost all day saying "waiting to ship". And I even paid the extra launch day fee. Says Sunday.

Man I should have just went to walmart instead of being lazy

PrimeBeef

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Wolverine
Storm
Psylocke
Nightcrawler

Cyclops (Free DLC)
Colossus (Free DLC)

I would assume Beast since he is in the game already. Would love to see Cable, Gambit, and Cannonball or Iceman.

JCizzle

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Is the difficulty locked per save? I'll have to restart to move it down a setting I think?

PrimeBeef

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Man amazon is usually really good with release date deliveries but ive seen a lot of problems with this one, says mine is out for delivery. Hopefully it doesn't get sucked into a black hole or something
I mentioned it earlier, Amazon is relying a lot on non fleet drivers to deliver packages. They get paid for all deliveries once the first one is made. Some deliver a few and if others are out of their way they let them sit until they are closer to that area. My brother-in-law car broke down and 40+ packages sat in his care for over a week while he was getting it repaired. Amazon never sent a truck or another non fleet driver to get them. He called daily to let them know and they did nothing.

If a package is delayed it is most likely being deliverd by Amazon fleet or non fleet. They don't have the higher standards USPS/UPS/FedEx has.

Certinfy

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I would be lying if I said I didn't expect the game to look a lot cleaner, at least on handheld mode.

Combat seems way better than first two games though.

Oct 25, 2017
I cancelled it but now it says it has shipped after almost all day saying "waiting to ship". And I even paid the extra launch day fee. Says Sunday.

I feel like Amazon is having a hard time actually getting the game to ship to people. I ordered mine yesterday and even with Prime shipping I'm getting it Tuesday. I have never had an issue getting things from Amazon on release day where it was actually their fault. The one or two times it has been missed it has been UPS or USPS who has it in the morning and just doesn't deliver it.

betawaychill

Jun 6, 2018

I basically did this same thing, but should've had release day delivery since I've got prime. Went to cancel and it said they couldn't, then they shipped it. Pretty annoying.

I ended up going digital and I'm gonna have to return it when it shows up Tuesday 🙄

Greywaren

Jul 16, 2019
Spain
I'm really enjoying the game so far! I've played like 4 hours and so far it's pretty fun! I'm starting to unlock the second ability for all characters and now I'm starting to see a lot of uniqueness between them. I'm also noticing really cool stuff like Star-Lord being able to set his own tornados on fire and Crystal switching elements depening on which power you used last.

The combat system is really interesting, too. You have to be very careful with strong enemies and manage your powers correctly to stagger them or they will crush you.

Also, if anyone's interested, I'm playing by switching characters constantly and, so far, I've been able to keep all of them somewhat balanced. I'm sure this will change at some point and I'll have to do some Infinity Trials to balance them out, but so far so good!

Cool game so far! I'll play some more tomorrow!